ESA CALL

This topic contains 23 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ade 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #114866 Reply

matt

hi I know its not pip but I got a call today from the heath assessment service he said they had been contacted by the dwp to do a medical but they would have to do it over the phone I have not been sent a form to fill in like usual has anyone els had this? thanks

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #114869 Reply

martino

whats that for

#114871 Reply

matt

no idea just rung today and said someone would call me

#114872 Reply

matt

its for esa not pip sorry

#114874 Reply

Saintsman

I had a pip assessment over the phone, I had already filled in the form for that and sent off supporting documentation.

It went well 😀😀

#114877 Reply

matt

the last time I sent a form in was last year and never heard back.so for this one I haven’t filled a form in they just phoned out of the blue

#114882 Reply

joss
    Participant

Heath assessment service. Formerly know as Atos.

There is not much info on ESA telephone assessments I am sorry to say. However you should have a copy of your claim to hand and any other supporting evidence, especially any changes to your condition.

Make bullet point list to help remind you of pertinent points.

Get a glass of water for dry mouth.

take notes.

Read https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Employment-and-Support-Allowance/How-much-Employment-and-Support-Allowance-will-I-g

Good luck

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  joss.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#118643 Reply

matt

WELL IT TURNES OUT THE CALL WAS NOT FROM ESA BUT PIP HAS I GOT A LETTER YESTADAY MORNING SAY THAT THEY HAVE LOOKED AT MY PAYMENT AND DECIDEDTO GIVE IT ME FOR AN ON GOING PERIOD.TILL 2030 I STILL HAD A YEAR LEFT BEFORE IT RUN OUT AS ANYONE ELS HAD THIS?

#118650 Reply

joss
    Participant

Ahem! Cap locks. 🖐

Yes matt it is becoming a regular thing under Covide 19.

No matter what your award, it will always be looked at the year before it ends.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#118655 Reply

Andy
    Participant

WELL IT TURNES OUT THE CALL WAS NOT FROM ESA BUT PIP HAS I GOT A LETTER YESTADAY MORNING SAY THAT THEY HAVE LOOKED AT MY PAYMENT AND DECIDEDTO GIVE IT ME FOR AN ON GOING PERIOD.TILL 2030 I STILL HAD A YEAR LEFT BEFORE IT RUN OUT AS ANYONE ELS HAD THIS?

Yes my wife had a pip letter out of the blue last week, her pip was due to be looked at next year too.
    Like yours, extended to 2030 wth the words ‘ongoing’

#118664 Reply

Mark Pithers

Mine has been upgraded to enhanced after I sent in my review form and also for an ongoing period with a review in 10 years. I found out when more money than normal went into our bank account as hadn’t had the letter. I rang and asked what was going on and was told about the increase. He also suggested that it would be a ‘soft’ style review as people given “ongoing” awards were not expected to have any improvement in their condition.

#118670 Reply

martino

do we think everyone due in the next few years this will happen too also can i ask, when you got your saying you pip extended was it at the same rate or did they put it up to enhanced .

my wife got pip Daily living – standard rate ( missed enhance by 1 point and missed Mobility – standard rate by 1) for 2 years its up for renewable  i think this November my wife thinks next november i cant remember i need to look it up.

At the time when she got  i thought she was entitled to more but she didn’t want to rock the boat , she was so happy to get it  so she just needs to wait and see,

so the same think might happen for her PIP

#118680 Reply

matt

mine was exactly one year before mine was due to end and like andy said had the words ‘ongoing’ with a light touch review after 3rd july 2030

#118689 Reply

Ade

I had my PIP assessment over the phone due to COVID, and luckily I had an understanding lady clinician who made all the difference.  The phone assessment was instead of the home visit, which would have occurred before COVID.

Just be honest, you need help dressing, washing and feeding yourself… you use grabber sticks to assist you.

#118691 Reply

JS

Just be honest, you need help dressing, washing and feeding yourself… you use grabber sticks to assist you.

Ade have you been spying on me pre lock down on a Sunday morning after the night before lol.

#118695 Reply

Matt

Hi,

After your initial assessment phase of ESA (when u first claimed, normally up to 3 months) were u placed in the Support Group? This was previously known as Long Term Incapacity Benefit. If u are in the Support Group, your claim is reassessed periodically (e.g. Every 1 to 3 years). There is more information on gov.uk website.

Hope this helps. Good luck with it

#118696 Reply

Matt

P.s. I’m a different ‘Matt’ (last post) from the 8.14pm Post. In case of any confusion…

#118794 Reply

martino

so i check my wifes pip for due 16 november 2020 so that was two years she got it.

Also i looked at my wife’s letter again and their statement at the end and i just go so  annoyed because of what they put in that paragraph, they say for qx you say you cant do it or need help but i’m saying you can do it and don’t need help (your a lair) and its the same for the full form. my wife didn’t want to appeal the decision y because it was so hard for her to do , because she opened upon the form and put lots of personal stuff. How can they criticize the answer you give to a question call you a lair and put what they want , the full form was the same as you read their statement you would think there was nothing wrong with her on each question.

its literally  my wife saying i can not do that, and them saying yes you can

whats the point of a claimant filling in information getting letter from professionals  if they are just going to disregard it and put what they want,

how can they get away with it so often, people are just grateful to get what they are given even though they know the information is wrong.

#118799 Reply

Ade

Martino- The whole health assessment methodology is inherently corrupt and devastating to the claimant.
    It is done so on purpose, to be as cruel and humiliating as possible. Hopefully this will change to a more clinically based methodology.

I have a niece that was strangled at birth by her umbilical cord, she is severely disabled and has the mental capacity of a 5 year old.

The DWP came out to assess her, and they asked her what she had for breakfast. She replied –

‘Who are you’….   End of assessment.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  JS. Reason: no need for swearing
    #118806 Reply

martino

Ade so because she had an out burst probably related with her condition  they stopped the assessment that bad, did she get another assessment , you would think they would be more understanding (listen to more understanding  why am i kidding)

i wonder if they have had to do an assessment on someone with tourette syndrome how would they deal with that .

its just a lottery tying to claim or be reassess for pip

#118811 Reply

Ade

Hi Martino,  No, they stopped the assessment because they couldnt get a coherent answer, her disability is global.

Just a simple question like ‘What did yo have for breakfast’ and she answers, tells them she is competent, has a grasp of language and memory, can negotiate and communicate with people and has a good deal of higher brain function.

Her answer just confirmed her global disability. There was no point in taking the interview any further, they knew the severity her disability.

I may say Martino – just looking at my niece you can tell how bad her problems are. No further assessment is required. It is a brutal process going through an assessment, it is torture.

#118830 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

– just looking at my niece you can tell how bad her problems are. No further assessment is required. It is a brutal process going through an assessment, it is torture.

Hi Ade, just wished that statement was true because when I lost the higher rate and approached my doctor for help, a doctor by the way that was new to me and I’d never met before, guess what he said when I explained why I can’t walk, he said “they only got to look at you” and I heard the exact same statement when I asked my local help people as soon as they saw me.

It’s not just down to the assessors as there not the ones that make the decisions but all I got from the DWP at MR was “our assessors are professional and we stand by their decisions” and no matter how much or how many times times I explain to them how wrong they were I’d just get that same answer “we stand by their decisions”, and their nothing more than cowards hiding behind their computers.

They were scalded by the judge and doctor at my tribunal and the judge said to me in court he was so put out he was sending his report to the DWP via fax from the court, there and then.

I get a letter a few days later from DWP saying “We’ve decided to award you higher rate” and I had to laugh with the “we’ve decided”.😁😢

Anyway anyone who feels they’ve been short changed by the DWP really need to go to tribunal and yes God knows I know it is a stressful process but I had the last laugh because not only did I get higher rate reinstated I also got the care allowances moved from middle rate to high rate so they lost big time in the end, oh yes, I also got maximum 10 years allowance too after the judge said and I quote “it would be inappropriate to put a time limit on Mr Chris’s award”.

#118832 Reply

martino

Ade that really discusses me that someone who is quite clearly disabled , and needs help , why do they need to through the assessment why cant they just give it to them.

i know a few people that had DLA for life and didn’t bother applying for PIP cause they didn’t want to go through the stress of the assessment , i think theirs a lot of people like that.

i had read a story of someone had  attempted suicide 3 times and the assessor didn’t be-leave them and said you quite clearly weren’t very good at it because your still here , that had someone with them social worker or something they said i think we need to stop the assessment know and the assessor said if we stop know they will get a zero award and get nothing . how can they be allowed to treat people like this…

#118833 Reply

Ade

ChrisK ..In a fair society you should not have to go through that tribunal. It is not Doctors that are making these decisions but bean counters.

But that is Tory Britain…and they got voted in again.  It is British society that allow this to happen…they think its OK, they voted them in.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: ESA CALL

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: