Energy firms want to switch off electric car charging.ff

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #124503 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

What is the price we are paying Daf for not treating the environment with respect?  And what is going to happen if we don’t meet our environmental obligations?  Too late for what?  Just asking…

#124523 Reply
    Daf

Wigwam

“Taken as a whole, the range of published evidence indicates that the net damage costs of climate change are likely to be significant and to increase over time.”

The above is taken from the intergovernmental Committee on climate change. In short as time goes on and we fail to act the effects of climate change will deteriorate rapidly.

#124526 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

You might want to read wider than what IPCC says. There is plenty of expert evidence to contradict their views.  Here’s just one:

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/environment/item/31472-un-ipcc-scientist-blows-whistle-on-un-climate-lies

#124534 Reply
    Daf

I prefer to take the word of the concensus of scientific views not those of the flat earth society. People like Sir David Attenborough and other respected Environmentalists have been warning about the Climate Catastrophe for decades.

In my lifetime I’ve seen marked changes in weather patterns and the frequency of extreme weather events. The evidence, for those with an open mind, is irrefutable.

#124539 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Open mind Daf? Oh dear.  You equate anyone who doesn’t agree with you as a flat earther.  And their lies the problem.

#124544 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Although I’m a scientist & have been quietly making the most energy efficient decisions since the 1980s, my reasons are simply greedy, I want to use less energy so I pay less money for energy, I want to use an electric car because it’s costing me a lot less money, and I put those original evacuated tube solar panels on all those years ago because I like having free hot water, ditto with the free electric from solar EV panels.

My history has been about adopting these new technologies close to their break-even points, I am indeed greedy.

Hopefully others are greedy too & will also make the changes, I don’t mind if they do or don’t, greed is evolution, if they go extint because suddenly they are paying out more on energy than they can afford I don’t mind.

The climate change threat? I don’t much care, I moved from a house on the coast to a house in the hills years ago, I didn’t fancy losing a house to the sea, that’s for someone who is being out-evolved to lose.

Be greedy or be extinct. The climate debate is irrelevant.

#124546 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I would agree gothitjulie, if my taxes weren’t being wasted chasing rainbows by climate zealots.  In the old days you were forced to tithe 10% to the church. The new climate change religion has managed to restore the practice.

#124551 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

if my taxes weren’t being wasted chasing rainbows by climate zealots. In the old days you were forced to tithe 10% to the church. The new climate change religion has managed to restore the practice.

Well, offshore your accounts or offset your taxes, let those who want to pay tax do so, we don’t need to.

Just remember, greed is good, if it happens to sort out climate change in the process, well that’s just an aside, possible good too, couldn’t say though as I care not.

Battery Day was an interesting event, skip the first part of the presentation if you’re watching it, all the battery stuff is in the second part, along with some other goodies. Just feel bad for all those now unneeded african children who mined cobalt, their parents doomed them with being just too greedy.

#124552 Reply
    Daf

I tend to call a “spade a spade” Wigwam and. We are all entitled to our opinion but with a extinction threatening problem like climate change we can’t afford the luxury of waiting to see who is right or wrong.

I also tend to look at who the advocates of the different views are. Trump scientists who are payolled by oil Companies and conspiracy theirists on one side and Sir David Attenborough and Friends of The Earth along with 99% of the respected scientific community, on the other.

To me its no contest, but theres a minority who think differently. I feel I owe it to future generations to hopefully give them a less polluted future.

#124553 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

You do talk nonsense, Daf, but it is your right to do so. I have no problem with that.

#124558 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Plastic that is a bigger issue than climate change imo, which was called global warming, Until the data showed the planet was cooling. History and the layers of the planet tell us alot about how this planet warms and cools. not over the short time they looking a over millions of years and alot has to do with the sun and solar rays or uv bombarding the planet and as the sun grows it will get closer to us and thus the planet will warm up. Thats why going to mars or another habitable planet maybe in another solar system is key and is based on science as well.  What is nasa after all.

Scotland once had a huge glazier, that formed the land as it is now. China won’t take our plastic, but india does etc etc and alot is incinerated. But some believe those that drop names as well and work for the same people you refer to direcrly or in directly the funds come from the same places. Who pays for the university research, who creates the plastic, fibre glass and other stuff that pollutes this planet. When i used to go to school, i would get the bus on one of the most polluted roads in london at the time Marlebone road near baker street and it ain’t as bad now. Cars ain’t kicking out lead and are cleaner than then, but what about rubber particles. they made from same stuff as plastics oil and gas and mining minerals and stuff to provide the elements for the throw away use it once culture we have created. We need to go back not forwards in some ways and just saying it’s cars and fossil fuels and human activity is not correct it is the solar system and it’s on a bigger scale than most can understand or want to. Because they want you divided and split as then we easy to control.

#124561 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

No argument with you there Rox.

The climate is mostly governed by solar activity which is cyclical and real science shows we are heading to a cooling over the next few years. No sunspots this year for the first time in nearly a century.  Which is why the climate emergency is as much a reality as the second coming.

#124567 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I’ve always gone on the assumption if its on Facebook then it has to be true.😁

The trouble with trusting government to tell the truth is they want to believe its true regardless if true or not because it give grounds to increase taxes without anyone questioning the need for more taxes.

I wonder how everybody feels, disabled or not, about giving up there freedom to go where they want when they want (virus restriction accepted) because that’s what the activist want.

Changing to electric cars is not enough for them because then they sight brake dust as the problem and when that problem is solved it will be the tyres and so it goes on.

One thing to remember there were no polar ice caps when the Dinosaurs roamed the Earth and they where not wiped out by global warming.

All that said there’s nothing wrong with cleaning up our act and I’m all for that but when it comes to locking the poor up in there homes while the rich do want they want, then prepare for war.😁

#124570 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

‘fraid not, ChrisK.

The government has tested our compliance by forcing us to wear face masks. There’s no fight in the general population, just a willingness to obey.

#124571 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I know what you mean Wigwam as last year I was trying to explain on the Virgin Media user / customer forum how we where being ripped off by the supplier over inflated price rises only to be stigmatised by fellow forum user about how they were more than satisfied with paying over the odds for the service and Virgin have every right to charge what they like.

Had a big laugh at them after getting on the phone to Virgin customer services the next day and getting a 30% discount that I still get now over a year later but I give up on helping a lot of others these days as folk just seem to be happy to be shafted.😢😁

#124572 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It’s with remembering when posting on forums that half the population has below average intelligence.

#124580 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

If their IQ is only in double figures then what chance do we have!

#124584 Reply
    rox
    Participant

None at all as they have no real clue as to why, they just believe what they told. Anything else is to much hardwork and stress.. Gotta be cool and lbgt+ or a vegan. My 8 year old came home and said i like girls i am a lesbian and this month she was 9 and now she’s bi..

This is what is being taught to them at school as well as climate change and stuff that imo is not fact, like covid what do they actually know. have they isolated covid as yet and when they test you are they testing for it or for the response our bodies have from fighting off an infection.

As ppl are testing positive again again and again for months.. but again thats misinfomation and not allowed, as ppl might start to ask the questions where is the evidence. provide it.. not just this is what the experts believe or think.

Now that they making motorways 60 mph in some places because of high levels of pollution, why are Evs included? because they create congestion as well and you gotta be charged as they make no real money of their own the goverments of the world.

Soon smart motorways will charge you per mile and you will pay a fee like the one to enter central london. which blue badge holders will not be exempt forever from, do not doubt it. Already you cannot use your blue badge in parts of westminster or camden. You need a green one.

Energy prices will rise and rise and more and more will be in poverty. I know this my hot tub is alot cheaper to heat using gas than it is using electric. I cannot aford solar panels.

Petrol is so expensive becase of fuel duty and then you pay tax on that tax as well. Where is all this lost money to come from. How will they get all this free covid money they given away, Us thats where, in the years to come..

Like with all these covid fines,10k good luck getting 10k from me..if i had 10k i’d get solar panels and a wind turbine where my chimley used to be.

Once i got away with 3 pts as i did not have the money to pay the fine and they could not give me the points without me paying the fine. That says it all.. it’s always about money,To keep us as slave to debt they build up. over and over.

Science said diesels were better, how did that turn out and no petrol cars are getting PPF just like DPF.

Alot seem to not care, but care so much about saving the planet from us, The truth IMO is their policies and agendas cause the chaos so they can offer the solution they had planned all along.

Nothing happens by accident where they concerned. After all they fly into davos every year to plan it all out.

The wages or our pip and most benefits do not keep pace with inflation. it’s something i know alot about. Something they don’t tell you or teach to you as only the wealthy are to know how you preserve wealth is not by saving fiat or money in your bank and you exchange your time for it at some rate they set. No we all have to work longer than ever, what will our kids future be… Worse alot worse.. meanwhile the planet will warm until it starts to cooldown again in a cycle like the carbon cycle.. No mention of that anymore.. Build more trees, bury more spent rods.

When the uranium fuel is used up, usually after about 18 months, the spent rods are generally moved to deep pools of circulating water to cool down for about 10 years, though they remain dangerously radioactive for about 10,000 years. As you can seee i am very anti nuclear because of the waste.

Viewing 18 replies - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
Reply To: Energy firms want to switch off electric car charging.ff
Your information: