Covid 19 vaccination Jab

• Creator
    Topic
  • #138604 Reply
    joss

Hey guys.

Just had a phone call from my GP’s to offer me the Covid 19 vaccine jab. This for Thursday the 4th of February 2021. This is for the Extremely vulnerable Group which I am in.

Jabs are being done a mile away from my home, at the local sports centre.

Anyone else in the extremely vulnerable group heard anything about their jab date?

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #138859 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I’ve never had a flu jab, so no idea..  I know two people who have had the Covid jab – one had the sore arm and felt a bit fluey for 24 hours, the other had no reaction at all.  I wondered if having no reaction might indicate prior immunity as his wife and daughter have had Covid and he would have already have been exposed to the virus.

#138873 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

It seems a lot of the older people in our area have had the vaccine, we went for a walk around our village to Shrugbrough Hall, they are walking around as if COVID19 never happened ?

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#138875 Reply
    Brydo

Oscarmax, don’t think I’ve seen you over here before welcome.

#138879 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

theres a piece on the bbc news site about side effects etc. i am not good with the techy side so failed attempting to link it. sorry

#138888 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Oscarmax, don’t think I’ve seen you over here before welcome.

I posted on here in November 2019 when my little dog Oscar passed away

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#138891 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

I’ve never had a flu jab, so no idea.. I know two people who have had the Covid jab – one had the sore arm and felt a bit fluey for 24 hours, the other had no reaction at all. I wondered if having no reaction might indicate prior immunity as his wife and daughter have had Covid and he would have already have been exposed to the virus.

Perhaps the other way around, if you’ve had previous exposure to the Covid spike proteins etc., then your body would mount a much faster response to the vaccine with those same spike proteins.

Think back to BCG vaccinations, the test they did before vaccination, I was the only one in the class who reacted to the test because I’d already been vaccinated when I was 6 months old as my older sister had already had a mild case of TB.

However, if you’d had another coronavirus such as one of those that can cause a common cold, you’d also possibly get a faster more expressive reaction.

Everyone seems to react a little differently.

#138909 Reply
    joss

I had my Covid jab this afternoon. It was the Pfizer BioNTech Covid-19 mRNA vaccine. All went well and was very well organised. Venue was our local sports centre.

Here is a PDF file of what I was given prior to injection. Contains a list of possible side effects within.

I feel so relived now that first jab is out of the way.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#138913 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant
    #138918 Reply
    Brydo

One of my family has his appointment next week, he is 65 with no underlying health conditions!!!!!!!!

#138956 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

One of my family has his appointment next week, he is 65 with no underlying health conditions!!!!!!!!

Have you downloaded the OMNI calculator, it updates daily, there is going to be area variations.

A 65 with not underlining health conditions .

First Vaccine: 16 February – 27 February

Second Vaccine: 11 May – 22 May

#138966 Reply
    Brydo

Just heard of another 5 in the same age group getting theirs next week. I don’t understand stand this as we are no where near jabbing all the over 70’s.
    All the above are in the paisley/Renfrewshire area of Scotland as is my uncle who, at 80, received his jab really early.

#138978 Reply
    jamesg

BBC   London  local  news  5/2 / 21   Barts  Hospital   have  started   jabbing   teachers  any  age  ?

#138981 Reply
    Brydo

That’s not good James we need to know where we all stand. The rules are set out and breaking them could start a free for all frenzy if people believe they are being left behind in favour of those being randomly fast tracked.

#138984 Reply
    joss

Up date on my Covid jab.

Had a horrible night in bed. Got to sleep ok, but with in an hour the ache and burning started on the site of injection. Mrs J said she was ready for kicking me out of bed because of constant tossing and turning.

I am sure it will settle down soon enough.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#138989 Reply
    Brydo

Stories of long lines of people waiting in vaccination locations, being taken on a first come first served basis i.e. appointment times being disregarded.

#138995 Reply
    Brydo

Did a bit of digging on line the teacher thing was an error, it was happening but wasn’t meant to and has now been stopped.

#138998 Reply
    jamesg

Brydo  the  teachers  were  jumping the queue  and  Barts new  about it  please dont listen to their  lame  excuses  it  was done through a link  on whats app  to staff  at  local  schools.  Why  cant  these  people  hold  up  their hands   say  sorry ?

#139002 Reply
    jamesg

Here is what the Whatsapp link says   ( The Barts Health Authority is vaccinating teachers with their left over vaccines. When it asks what your profession and Hospital is, select “other” then put in your school details.)

#139107 Reply
    Brydo

My 65 year old cousin getting his jab next week.

#139119 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Jab hole still uncomfortable (nearly four days after vaccination). Did have the mild flu/cold symptoms yesterday. Appear to have gone away now. Mrs T experienced the same. Both symptoms would appear to be par for the course.

Am certain James’ info is correct. Our vaccination session ended early with vaccine over and staff were looking for people on which to use, rather than waste, the surplus. Moreover, the “tick the don’t know or other box” is a standard NHS ploy to conceal something.

#139272 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I think the vaccines will give us some freedom rather than our freedom back.

#139408 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

The lady wife and I have just received ‘the call’, and we are to attend Newbury Racecourse next Tuesday for the first jab, and the second will be sometime in March, date will be confirmed by letter tomorrow.

we had the AstraZeneca jab today, no problem so far.

we were advised to sit for 15 minutes, then off we went – the wife had lunch and I had a Zoom exercise class for an hour.

lookng forward to the second jab

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#139413 Reply
    Brydo

How busy was it Mike?

#139429 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Didn’t seem busy at all really, quite laid back I thought, which of course is better for both the paid staff and their army of volunteers.

Having said that, they are doing 1000 a day and more – 10,ooo last week!

Sunday’s, Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays are AstraZeneca days, where it is advised to sit for 15 minutes either in the Grandstand or the car following the vaccination  , and Wednesdays and Thursdays are Pfizer days where it is compulsory to sit in the grandstand for 15 minutes.

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#140175 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Myself and her indoors had the Pfizer last Thursday night at a local NHS walk-in centre, no side effects to note except I had a bit of a scare?
    Next day did a sneeze and I had an enormous nose bleed lasting about 20 minutes, God knows how much blood I’d lost, wife said its at least half a pint.

Before I had a stroke in 2008 I would get nose bleeds often ever since my teenage days way back before time began but I assume the drugs I take now have stopped them and rarely have one these days until this biggie.

Internet search turned up a nightmare when I read in the USA there has been one death of a doctor of all things and fifteen others blood problems (bleeding on the inside) that they think, but not sure, could be linked to the Pfizer vaccine however after looking at the numbers of 36,000,000 vaccines done in the USA and 16 cases of blood problems ( that might not be the vaccine) I thought those are not bad odds of myself being one, more chances of winning the lottery six week in a row.

Scary times though.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 50 total)
Reply To: Covid 19 vaccination Jab
Your information: