Covid 19 vaccination Jab

• Creator
    Topic
  • #138604 Reply
    joss

Hey guys.

Just had a phone call from my GP’s to offer me the Covid 19 vaccine jab. This for Thursday the 4th of February 2021. This is for the Extremely vulnerable Group which I am in.

Jabs are being done a mile away from my home, at the local sports centre.

Anyone else in the extremely vulnerable group heard anything about their jab date?

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #138611 Reply
    bobscot

yes I too got a call today from GP to get my jab tomorrow at the surgery a whole 15o mtrs. away.

#138613 Reply
    Brydo

Joss your a fine looking over 80, oil of ulay lol

#138614 Reply
    Brydo

Bobscot are you based in England?

#138616 Reply
    bobscot

no down near largs

#138621 Reply
    jamesg

Yes  got  it  19/1/ 2021  OX.

#138629 Reply
    Lou

my mum had hers a couple of weeks ago (dementia carer) & my dad had his on 28th jan as he is also in the clinically extremely vulnerable group. My dads jab was due to expire just w days after his appointment which is odd, anyone else come across a very short shelf life jab?

#138630 Reply
    Lou

That was suppose to say it was due to expire just 2 days after his appointment

#138636 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

depending on the vacceine once they defrost them they only have a shelf life of i think 5 days. so i am not suprised at that.

my sisters volunteering jabbing people and they have a system for setting up days in advance, they know how many jabs they can do in a day and have that number defrosted 3 days in advance and they move alongg like a production line.

thats why you here of them slotting in extras when people dont show for appointments as the vacceine has limited life.

each day they do have a short call standby list of health workers etc that they can call to take up spares.

#138638 Reply
    Lou

Thanks Mitch that’s really good info and puts me at ease about it, it was the phizer vaccine they both had. Despite being an asthmatic myself & being in and out of hosp over the years with severe bronchitis/pneumonia Iv still not heard a word 😕 our island is full of people that need it tho so patience is key, I only wish sir captain Tom had got his before he become unwell bless him.

#138640 Reply
    Brydo

Bobscot not far from my favourite day out location of seamill hydro. I didn’t think we were so far ahead with vaccinations so pretty pleased to hear it.

#138678 Reply
    bobscot

That’s me done Brydo 10 mins from home> docs >  home so very efficient. Got the Astra Zeneca. Be interested to hear what others receive and if any side effects.

#138682 Reply
    Brydo

Bobscot all 5 of the over 80’s in my family received tha AstraZeneca jab.

#138689 Reply
    joss

Joss your a fine looking over 80, oil of ulay lol

hahahaha Brydo how did you guess my little secret.I may be 80 but thanks to Ulay I look a mere 64. You should try it Brydo.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#138754 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

The lady wife and I have just received ‘the call’, and we are to attend Newbury Racecourse next Tuesday for the first jab, and the second will be sometime in March, date will be confirmed by letter tomorrow.

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#138757 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Didn’t notice that this thread started, Sorry. Posted my jabbery bit on Coronavirus thread. So, to keep up to date: Thargs had jabs (Oxford) last night. Very helpful, friendly staff. No pain. Not even the slightest mark.

#138761 Reply
    Brydo

Joss I’m beyond help, I’m 61 and look 80, think I’ve been using ulay of oil lol.

#138780 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

The wife is nearly 66 group 5 according to the Omni calculator 19/02 -03/03.

I am only 64 not sure to whether I will be in group 6 or 7 I am probably looking at April

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#138803 Reply
    DBtruth
    Participant

I had the Pfizer vaccine on 30/01. I had a headache afterwards but couldn’t say if it was down to the vaccine or not. I was absolutely fine the next day though

#138811 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

As you’ll see, above, had the (Oxford) jab at 7pm on Tues. No reaction until last night/this morning, around 2am. Became aware of discomfort, certainly not pain, around the site of injection. Slightly swollen, still cannot see actual jab hole. Only aware of it when turning over in bed. Will let you know when/if it changes.

#138821 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Had the Oxford  Astra Zenica jab Tuesday morning. Fine until the evening. Headache and body aching everywhere.  Couldn’t sleep or function yesterday. Slept better last night and symptoms seem to be subsiding.

#138826 Reply
    Brydo

That’s good news fwippers.

I think its only to be expected that some will get a reaction unfortunately you been one of the unlucky few.

It is great to see so many people being treated, over 10 million and counting, fantastic effort.

#138837 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Is there anything significant about whether someone gets a reaction to the jab or not?

#138847 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

dont think so wigwam, any injjection of a vacceine can have an effect like any other medication.

i went through my meds a while ago and if you read all the disclaimers on the leaflets in the boxes you would scare yourself silly. thats why they have to go through all the various studies and tests.

somewhere i am sure for each vacceine there will be a list of side effects that they have come accross.

i am sure even the most hard nosed govt wouldnt allow them to be used if there was something dangerous.

from  what fwippers and tharg say it seems very similar to the annual flu jab.

#138855 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

That’s good news fwippers. I think its only to be expected that some will get a reaction unfortunately you been one of the unlucky few. It is great to see so many people being treated, over 10 million and counting, fantastic effort.

A small price to pay. A day or two of discomfort for long term protection, hopefully.

#138858 Reply
    Brydo

Absolutely fwippers. Two to three weeks and you will have a good degree of protection 👍👍👍👍😂

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
Reply To: Covid 19 vaccination Jab
Your information: