Coronavirus

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 1,176 through 1,200 (of 1,415 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #138081 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

The photo brings back memories.

#138082 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

OK, I take it back. We over-70 clinically vulnerable HAVE been contacted Friday p.m. to fix vaccination for next Tuesday. Really don’t believe it. Mrs T contacted by GP on phone to fix her appointment; mentioned that I hit the criteria as well and they changed stuff so we could do it in one visit. V polite, v helpful. Really surprised but grateful.

BTW the snap of the Big Mac is pure sadism for those of us here – only Mac shop is five miles away. Would be cold by time I get it home, unless I use full performance of Cooper S and risk speeding fine.

#138084 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

my sister and her husband have just passed all the training to be volunteer jabbers.

just waiting for their id cards. have a zoom meeting later to go through how they can book their shifts around the county/area they cover. so next week they should be puncturing someones arm lol

#138101 Reply
    joss

Nice one mitch. Tell them well done and appreciated

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#138107 Reply
    Brydo

I went to work in Milton Keynes when I was a teenager on the M1 I think, our lab was next to the concrete cows. First day there the guys askem if I wanted a McDonald’s, “what’s that” I said and they all fell about laughing. There were no mcds in Scotland at that time, just wimpeys.

Anyway we headed to the shop and I tasted my first mcds and it was brilliant, unfortunately they don’t taste the same to me anymore so I don’t eat them anymore.

#138122 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Just reading the EU’s latest ploy. A massive and catastrophic error of judgement. At least we are at arms length.

#138135 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

Indeed the eu is not fit for the modern world and Everything they do reinforces this.. As it’s always too late..

I heard germany, france, netherlands etc had made agreements on the vaccine but they was told the Eu must arrange it and months and months later they agreed the same deal as they had back then and only today have they allowed the vaccine in question to be given in the eu, so it is no wonder they where they are.. Plus the issues are at the eu plant not at the uk one..Plus whats this about trade across the irish border being stopped although it’s temp they say.. but is against brexit deal terms. if it was the uk they’d all be up in arms.

#138136 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

EU has reversed its decision. I think it is fair to say the bloc is in chaos, with a failed German politician at it´s helm and inept senior management. We shall no doubt see more twists and turns but the EU´s already tattered reputation has suffered a credibility blow which shall be difficult to recover from. Meantime the vaccination programme here is moving forward and I have secured dates for my two jab´s.

#138166 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

The devastating toll of the pandemic on children.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55863841

#138391 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

For information. I’m not interested in pointless debate.

https://hectordrummond.com/2021/02/01/swedens-figures-do-show-that-lockdowns-are-a-crime/

#138407 Reply
    72 dudes

No debate? Stop posting fake news then. Simples 😀

#138416 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

A well researched document interpreting official data is fake news?  Ah well.

#138423 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

I was all for the corona vaccine until this made me think have we all been mislead or brainwashed this Doctor was an ER in hospital, and was fired for offering the drugs which stopped her patients who had the virus from dying and making them get over  the virus after a few days, i was sceptical of this lady Doctor until i watched the whole video. I feel there is no decent everyone in the media and online seems to be for the antivirus this Doctor does not want the vaccine called that she says its a biological experimental here is the link it opened my eyes https://rumble.com/vd3aur-dr-simone-gold-the-truth-about-the-covid-19-vaccine.html  you may need to copy and paste this link

#138424 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Everyone is entitled to their view and we may call some things fake news but that is only to people who disagree with what they believe.

#138425 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

As always there will be a number of articles and it is up to the general public to sift and weigh the evidence prior to arriving at a mature conclusion. There are some at the “extreme wings” of the debate who will latch onto any report of information which supports their opinions but the vast majority will look at the all the information, challenge and then reach their own decision. The video referred to above, which I have not watched, uses the headline “the truth” but it is in reality an opinion, maybe one persons opinion. On a wider theme, we now have, the UK a golden opportunity to carve a new and more prosperous path in the world and perhaps garner more respect from our ability to donate vaccines in the future. Perhaps some to the ROI but the remainder on my view should go to poorer countries.

#138427 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

daveblue, you may want to research your doctor friend first.

Simone Gold, doctor that promoted false hydroxychloroquine claims, arrested in connection with Capitol riot

hydroxychloroquine, is the drug that trump raved about that was proved to be ineffective against the virus.

#138428 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

taken from the washington post

Federal officials this weekend arrested the head of a fringe medical group that has promoted false claims about vaccines and the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine in connection with the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

The Justice Department said in charging documents that it had charged Simone Gold, head of America’s Frontline Doctors, with violent entry, disorderly conduct and entering a restricted building. John Strand, the group’s communications director, was also charged in connection with the riot, with the Justice Department including images of both inside the building.

Gold confirmed to The Washington Post on Jan. 12 that she was present at the riot and does “regret being there,” but told the newspaper, “I can certainly speak to the place that I was, and it most emphatically was not a riot.” However, the affidavit indicates that a video of a police officer who was pulled down by a member of the mob during the riot landed in front of Strand and Gold.

In 2020, the group was one of the most vocal in promoting the unproven use of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for the coronavirus, a claim then-President Trump repeatedly hyped. Numerous studies have indicated the drug is not effective against the virus.

Another doctor associated with the group, Stella Immanuel, has been widely mocked for suggesting treatments for the virus involve alien DNA.

Earlier this month the group promoted unsubstantiated claims about health risks from coronavirus vaccines, with Gold herself drawing a misleading distinction between vaccines and “experimental vaccines,” according to MedPageToday.

After the group held a press conference in front of the Supreme Court in July, a video of which Trump retweeted, then-Vice President Pence met with members of the group. Gold was present at the meeting, where she said participants “discussed the recent censorship of doctors on social media platforms.”

#138431 Reply
    Brydo

Daveblue you are entitled to your opinion but make sure it is “your opinion”, don’t base it on one article or one source read a number of views before arriving at what you believe to be true. Here in the UK the main stream media is as neutral as most in the world, but nothing is perfect, and as such I suggest its the best source of accurate information available.

#138443 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Daveblue you are entitled to your opinion but make sure it is “your opinion”, don’t base it on one article or one source read a number of views before arriving at what you believe to be true. Here in the UK the main stream media is as neutral as most in the world, but nothing is perfect, and as such I suggest its the best source of accurate information available.

Are you joking me  neutral that is a laugh have you seen any negative opinion on the experimental biological serum i cannot find much this doctor in us was fired from her job for  prescribing what was helping her patients and her negative views on an untested biological weapon, as i have said you need to view all the video i was like you until i heard her out and there is a lot of truth in what she says.

#138445 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

taken from the washington post Federal officials this weekend arrested the head of a fringe medical group that has promoted false claims about vaccines and the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine in connection with the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol. The Justice Department said in charging documents that it had charged Simone Gold, head of America’s Frontline Doctors, with violent entry, disorderly conduct and entering a restricted building. John Strand, the group’s communications director, was also charged in connection with the riot, with the Justice Department including images of both inside the building. Gold confirmed to The Washington Post on Jan. 12 that she was present at the riot and does “regret being there,” but told the newspaper, “I can certainly speak to the place that I was, and it most emphatically was not a riot.” However, the affidavit indicates that a video of a police officer who was pulled down by a member of the mob during the riot landed in front of Strand and Gold. In 2020, the group was one of the most vocal in promoting the unproven use of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for the coronavirus, a claim then-President Trump repeatedly hyped. Numerous studies have indicated the drug is not effective against the virus. Another doctor associated with the group, Stella Immanuel, has been widely mocked for suggesting treatments for the virus involve alien DNA. Earlier this month the group promoted unsubstantiated claims about health risks from coronavirus vaccines, with Gold herself drawing a misleading distinction between vaccines and “experimental vaccines,” according to MedPageToday. After the group held a press conference in front of the Supreme Court in July, a video of which Trump retweeted, then-Vice President Pence met with members of the group. Gold was present at the meeting, where she said participants “discussed the recent censorship of doctors on social media platforms.”

Very strange Mitch that care homes in uk were being paid over a £1000 to take corvid elderly people do you believe everything govs do i used to and yes the Doctors are being taken to task but that does not mean they are still wrong only time will tell there maybe a cover up if people suddenly encounter any long term problems on an experimental product that has never taken place before the drug companies cannot be sued as they have been exempted.

#138474 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

wow i never thought i would come accross a conspiracy theory nut in person.lol

the stuff she was using has been proven by many independant studies by all the top research and medical labs in the world and theyve been peer reveiwed and it does not work against the virus.

and you join them in believing drival about alien dna???? or any of their crackpot theories. wow.

one born every minute

#138475 Reply
    rox
    Blocked

Indeed did you know bidens appointee Dr. Rachel Levine as assistant secretary of health was in charge of  sending recovering covid patients back into care home’s at the same time she removed her own mother from one.. but’s it’s the care home’s staff’s fault for it all.. and trump i bet..

Same here in the uk and around 33% of all deaths from / with covid have been people in care homes and we all know the average age which is actually slightly higher than the average age of death in the uk and now flu is no more.. zero flu?

how come masks etc stop flu but not covid. As since we all started wearing masks cases have risen. That make no sence at all. Yet we being told maybe we need to wear them now outside. Maybe wear two like biden..

Your not allowed to question the narritive tells me I/we should all question it.. The 1st thing they did was if you put covid on the death cert then there is no need for an autospy.

The vaccine is not a vaccine imo it’s a therapy and the newest one has synthetic spike proteins and it seems they will work on any strain, unlike the flu vaccin, a year on and they don’t know much still at all..

This is one big mass oh no let’s call it community experiment that’s never been allowed to market  before just like stem cell research and they create these pandemics in labs all the time to prove that it can happen.. Also they have created one’s where you cannot tell if it was artifically created or created by nature., was reading a piece on it a few weeks ago now. Many are calling out the moral’s of ti all and why you would do it.. unless you want to use it as a weapon and can say it’s nature’s doing..

plus there was talk of the brazilian strain and it said that they’d create it at portadown to do test on as they could not get samples from brazil. Was ON THE BBC that one to prove another point they slip up and give some vital info away.. Tey can create the strains in the labs.. funny how the novichok happen just down the road as well and that’s all dropped of the face of the earth hasn’t it..that story?

Thing is no one want’s to believe the real truth sometimes and would rather believe the lies, you won’t die when you are old or even when you young and they can save you. Elon musk will with his brain implant They want to be the new god’s, nothing surprises me and seeing as they don’t offer me the flu jab why would i then take this one.. because they scared me into it or forced me to in some way.. After all they don’t even know if it will work or stop you getting it and then infecting people. so that was another lie that the vaccine would be the end of it all.. It will never end as once power is assumed then it is never given back willingly, So will be released for a bit but others will not they will need to stay and all for what to save the old and weak from the reality of what comes to us all.. death. pneumonia is a major cause of death

In 2012, of the 28,952 deaths from pneumonia:

58 were among those aged 0–14 years of age;
    1,374 were among those aged 15–64; and
    27,520 were among those aged 65 and above.

so one can say your more at risk if your older and those figures not even to do with covid at all but i wonder how many in 2020 wonder if they all dissappeared also like the flu has.. People who have been admitted to hospital with other medical problems and then develop pneumonia have a high risk of becoming very ill.

#138524 Reply
    Daf

Being honest Mitch you have more than one of the Trump fraternity on the forum all peddling very similar propaganda provided by people with the sort of right wing views that has poisoned debate in the USA

If you challenge them they cry that you are stifling their free speech. I am all in favour of free speech but that right comes with the resposibility to ensure that the information one uses to back up your theories comes from trustworthy sources.

Because of my job (ambulance driver) I see every day the decimation caused by covid, but you still get these bizarre theories being peddled. Some say that they are not peddling their own views but just adding to the debate.

That of course is claptrap, they are indeed their views for which they are vainly trying to find honest, peer reviewed science backed investigation results. The worrying thing is that some of the more easily led members of the population may fall for these bogus claims.

As with Trumps bogus cures people may well die as a result of listening to these largely bogus theories. I wouldn’t like to have that responsibility on my conscience.

#138536 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Indeed did you know bidens appointee Dr. Rachel Levine as assistant secretary of health was in charge of sending recovering covid patients back into care home’s at the same time she removed her own mother from one.. but’s it’s the care home’s staff’s fault for it all.. and trump i bet.. Same here in the uk and around 33% of all deaths from / with covid have been people in care homes and we all know the average age which is actually slightly higher than the average age of death in the uk and now flu is no more.. zero flu? how come masks etc stop flu but not covid. As since we all started wearing masks cases have risen. That make no sence at all. Yet we being told maybe we need to wear them now outside. Maybe wear two like biden.. Your not allowed to question the narritive tells me I/we should all question it.. The 1st thing they did was if you put covid on the death cert then there is no need for an autospy. The vaccine is not a vaccine imo it’s a therapy and the newest one has synthetic spike proteins and it seems they will work on any strain, unlike the flu vaccin, a year on and they don’t know much still at all.. This is one big mass oh no let’s call it community experiment that’s never been allowed to market before just like stem cell research and they create these pandemics in labs all the time to prove that it can happen.. Also they have created one’s where you cannot tell if it was artifically created or created by nature., was reading a piece on it a few weeks ago now. Many are calling out the moral’s of ti all and why you would do it.. unless you want to use it as a weapon and can say it’s nature’s doing.. plus there was talk of the brazilian strain and it said that they’d create it at portadown to do test on as they could not get samples from brazil. Was ON THE BBC that one to prove another point they slip up and give some vital info away.. Tey can create the strains in the labs.. funny how the novichok happen just down the road as well and that’s all dropped of the face of the earth hasn’t it..that story? Thing is no one want’s to believe the real truth sometimes and would rather believe the lies, you won’t die when you are old or even when you young and they can save you. Elon musk will with his brain implant They want to be the new god’s, nothing surprises me and seeing as they don’t offer me the flu jab why would i then take this one.. because they scared me into it or forced me to in some way.. After all they don’t even know if it will work or stop you getting it and then infecting people. so that was another lie that the vaccine would be the end of it all.. It will never end as once power is assumed then it is never given back willingly, So will be released for a bit but others will not they will need to stay and all for what to save the old and weak from the reality of what comes to us all.. death. pneumonia is a major cause of death In 2012, of the 28,952 deaths from pneumonia: 58 were among those aged 0–14 years of age; 1,374 were among those aged 15–64; and 27,520 were among those aged 65 and above. so one can say your more at risk if your older and those figures not even to do with covid at all but i wonder how many in 2020 wonder if they all dissappeared also like the flu has.. People who have been admitted to hospital with other medical problems and then develop pneumonia have a high risk of becoming very ill.

It is nothing to do with free speech you have to whey up the pros and cons of having an experimental anti virus does long term to the human population as it is not a cure there has never been found a cure for the common cold which also kills people i for one am not the brigade that says that its not a deadly disease that all our nhs staff are having to cope with i am in full support of what you are having to put up with, what i am saying india has a very low death rate from covid and some other countries that take Hydroquinone for malaria is that not a thing that some of the doctors that prescribed it for there covid patients and there symptoms got reduced and stopped them from entering hospitals did not be thought about. And as for the people that are being stupid and taking no lockdown and saying other things i have no time for i myself have been on lockdown since last year i have the flu jab every year and was thinking about having the said anti virus but only if its proved to be safe after many years and there is no other drug that can be taken to damp down the symptoms i am not sure why hospitals did not try the Hydroquinone with  azithromycin as it damps down the covid it is no cure but worth using until the full safety of this experimental biological experiment has been used as other drugs have been tested. The last covid anti virus that came out of the trials was also tested on ferrets and when they were released into the wild they died of covid so the same with now you are not cured of covid it may stop you from getting the virus or having to go into hospital but no one knows as yet.

#138542 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

A word of warning first trump i was not a supporter of and the taking of Hydroquinone which many know is a malaria drug i would not take it unless prescribed as it can cause side effects like heart problems which trump failed to quote so i am slowly thinking to myself as i am one of the vulnerable group when i get the call from my gp i will have to still whey up do i have the jab or not and i know only i can decide that i was all for having it until i saw the video of Doctor Simone i probably will take it due to my gp who will say i should have it but it is worrying but so is the covid virus.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,176 through 1,200 (of 1,415 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus
Your information: