Coronavirus

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 1,281 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #137346 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>It does appear that much optimism about a normal or “great summer” has subsided as the new variants are now taking hold in other parts of the world too. There is doubt over the Olympics again and possibly other big events. As an island we have the opportunity to close our borders and police them fat more effectively than mainland Europe and other parts. Holidays overseas this year are looking less likely.</p>

#137411 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

There were announcements that 0ver 70s/clinically vulnerable would be contacted about vaccination this week. I registered my scepticism about this. Seems I was right. Not a word about a jab. Over-80s neighbours also heard nothing. GP has heard nothing. Received email from county council with link promising “find out when you’ll get the jab”. Clicked on that to another site which spent five long paragraphs telling me it can’t tell me when I’ll get the jab. If it was not for the fact that trusted sources on here confirm that they know people who HAVE had vaccination then I really would start to wonder whether anyone is getting jabs – with our beloved government/NHS telling porkies just to keep us quiet!

#137413 Reply
    Brydo

Tharg my mum is getting hers next Wednesday, that will be all over 80’s (5 in total) in my family vaccinated.

#137415 Reply
    Brydo

Fwippers holidaying in the UK is exactly what we need, hospitality has taken a pounding so let’s spend any money we have right here in UK.

#137418 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Good to hear, Brydo – both for you and yours and for my peace of mind. Gives me confidence that the Tharg’s and neighbours will eventually get jabs, even if her and me will probably be over 80 when it arrives! 💉😊

#137430 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Fwippers holidaying in the UK is exactly what we need, hospitality has taken a pounding so let’s spend any money we have right here in UK.

Couldn’t agree more.

#137634 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Just saw Nadhim Zahawi, our Covid-19 vaccine minister on BBC Breakfast say that he could not give details of numbers of vaccine being received “because they move about”. Quite a lot of things do this “moving about” thing – people, cars etc. They do not come with delivery notes, which I am sure vaccines do, but we still manage to count the buggers. If the NHS cannot even count the vaccines then what chance of giving them to people?

He also said: “I’m confident we will meet our mid-February target and continue beyond that,” referring to the goal of giving a first dose to the 15 million people in the top four priority groups by then.

Not going to happen here. GP has heard nothing about vaccinations, even though he’s alleged to have been ordered by NHS to get jabs to all care home by 24 Jan. Lots of care homes here Plenty of over-80s still heard nothing. Over 70s? If I had a house I’d bet it on not getting jab within two weeks.

#137636 Reply
    joss

Nadhim Zahawi. I really do not came for. He can not/will not answer a question.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#137638 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Friend in Surrey over 70 getting his jab tomorrow, I was phoned yesterday offering mine in Dorset.

Zahawi is the ultimate career politician, will say everything and nothing to advance himself.

#137652 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

Both my parents are 87, both classed as extremely vulnerable. They live in East Yorkshire and have heard nothing with regards to vaccinations.

#137653 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I got a call from my GP, Richard. Have they contacted theirs to ask?

#137654 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

absolutely!

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#137655 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

No, I asked them to call but they say people were told not to ring and they would be contacted. I’ll give them a nudge and see if they think it might be a good idea now.

#137656 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It’s a great idea but, if people aren’t flying off to foreign hotels in their droves, there’s not going to be enough accomodation.

#137662 Reply
    Brydo

Richard I would phone the GP on their behalf as they should have had it by now as they are “extremely vulnerable”. Some people, especially the older generation, don’t like to cause bother, but we are talking 87 year old vulnerable people here, the niceties go out the window, call them today and ask for an explanation.

#137663 Reply
    Brydo

Wigwam Europe don’t deserve our ££££’s and I would encourage everyone to have at least one holiday in the UK this year. Whether it be in a hotel, B&B or holiday let, the hospitality industry needs a massive injection of cash and what better way for us to help than by spending our here.

#137685 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

One of my 80+ neighbours just received letter asking her to go get vaccinated.

Wigwam and Joss – glad it wasn’t just me then thinking Zahawi was spouting shyte. Honestly, “can’t count them because they move about”? Now, either he knows what a load of rubbish he’s talking and is just having a laugh at us because the majority of people, apparently, believe him OR he actually believes what he says. If the latter, then he should not be in charge of anything more complicated than opening a bottle of water and certainly not supervise the distribution vaccines needing very careful handling.

#137847 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

having looked at a few of the videos showing people getting their vaccinations i am quite concerned that many of them seem to think that thats it problem solved they can go and visit family etc etc.

i hope that the vacination centres are still reminding them that they still have to follow the rules until everyone is vaccinated.

#137854 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

The OH mum got a call yesterday to get her 1st jab today, drove the 100 miles each way just to take her the 2 miles to get it, she had the AZ vaccine and was told to expect another call in 3-6 weeks for the 2nd jab.

She’s 81 and been housebound for the last 3 years, so glad she’s getting some protection, just have to wait til march for mine now.

#137855 Reply
    crippleddad
    Participant

having looked at a few of the videos showing people getting their vaccinations i am quite concerned that many of them seem to think that thats it problem solved they can go and visit family etc etc. i hope that the vacination centres are still reminding them that they still have to follow the rules until everyone is vaccinated.

Everyone? The vaccination is part of the wider plan to help enable a return to normal life and prevent the deaths, you can understand why people want this, and feel a relief once they get the jab.

#137858 Reply
    Brydo

Over 70’s getting vaccinated from next week up here. Over 80’s still getting vaccinated but they are getting done by GPS. Over 70’s getting the jab in sports centres libraries etc.

#137898 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The Lowry Institute have ranked the response to Covid by country:

https://interactives.lowyinstitute.org/features/covid-performance/

#137901 Reply
    Wigwam

Quite a lot there to dig into – thanks wmc

#138063 Reply
    martinod

we had a covid test centre here and that’s them opened a second one but  its a drive through ….   like mcdonald only cheaper !

#138064 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Covid jab and a McDonald’s together could push up acceptance rates, or down perhaps. At least we seem to have a good supply whereas the EU has made a pigs ear of it.</p>

Viewing 25 replies - 1,151 through 1,175 (of 1,281 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus
Your information: