Coronavirus

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 1,026 through 1,050 (of 1,168 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #135679 Reply
    72 dudes

I agree with Daf, Lockdown works, but only if people don’t flagrantly break the rules.

Look at New Zealand, South Korea, that’s how effective lockdowns can be.

Compare to here where people still think it’s okay and essential to pop out for a newspaper, a Costa coffee, a packet of cigarettes or a bag of sweets.

They’re the sort of people I’ve been serving this afternoon in the Sainsbury’s petrol station I work in. They’re coming in just for these items, not fuel!!

Last lockdown, we served only fuel for a couple of months, and I hope we go back to that in the next few days.

It’s time the government grew a pair and started more rigourous measures for compliance.

#135682 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

And what would it gain, 72 Dudes, if the people you complain about coming in for a newspaper didn’t come in? Maybe they are people from that large part of the population who like you, are working to keep everything going or maybe they are just people having some exercise so as not to go mad cooped up alone in a tiny bedsit.

And please don’t cite New Zealand and South Korea unless you want in response for someone to cite Sweden or Florida. Every country is different in its response and there is just no certainty about what works beyond social distancing and hygiene.

#135689 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Sweden and Florida those two Covid success stories? How’s that work then? Got any crackpots pretending to know stuff that you can link for us to have a laugh at?

#135698 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Worldometer latest figures – deaths per million population:

UK with lockdowns 1196

Sweden without lockdowns 931

#135702 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant
    #135704 Reply
    JS

population per square kilometer  ?

Sweden about 25

UK 275

doesnt take a Maths genius to see the difference

#135711 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Irrelevant. Much of Sweden’s population is concentrated in three cities and its population distribution is similar to ours. I’m afraid that argument was lost when investigated last summer.

#135713 Reply
    JS

sweden.

The highest number of confirmed coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in Sweden as of January 6, 2021 was in the region of Stockholm, with 125,150 cases. The second highest number of cases was in Region Västra Götaland, with a total of 79,771 confirmed cases.

The first case of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Sweden was confirmed on January 31, 2020. The number of cases in Sweden increased significantly at the beginning of March. By January 6, 2021, the number of confirmed cases in the country had reached a total of 482,284.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1103949/number-of-coronavirus-covid-19-cases-in-sweden-by-region/#:~:text=The%20highest%20number%20of%20confirmed,total%20of%2079%2C771%20confirmed%20cases.

#135714 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

You can’t be banging on about Sweden even the King of Sweden and their Prime Minister said they have failed. They have just passed lockdown rules in Parliament.

#135719 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Failed is relative, isn’t it?  They have asked for the power to close shops and gyms. If that’s all, it’s a long way from what we are having imposed on us, disappointing though it is.

The number of “cases”, JS,  in any country is a product of the number of tests being done. The only figure that matters is deaths. Some countries health care systems are better at saving lives than others which is born out by the worldometer figures.

#135720 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

And wmc, I shouldn’t have to remind a moderator here about inflammatory language like “,banging on”.

#135736 Reply
    Daf

You sound just like Trump wigwam. Same conspiracy theories and casual use of what you call “facts”. Most on this forum know how bad the pandemic is not because the government says so but because the NHS says so. If you are so sure it’s a hoax volunteer for your local Hospital ICU or Covid ward. In short put up or shut up because you are beginning to bore people.

#135738 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

And wmc, I shouldn’t have to remind a moderator here about inflammatory language like “,banging on”.

Oh that’s a low blow, almost sad Wig, your just casting the net…

The virus is spreading, I think supermarkets need to get a grip in store.

#135741 Reply
    Brydo

On a brighter note we have 2,300,000 people with the first jab.

#135742 Reply
    JS

i know its prime time and soaps are on but no personal jives please, lets keep things civil,

#135767 Reply
    rox
    Participant

In the end we are all gonna die, You do all understand that don’t you and personally, I am no longer scared of death. As I cannot control it or who it touches or who will be next that’s close to me, that i care about..

No one can.. no matter how much they tell you they can.. they cannot…I have come to terms with that.

I look at the ceiling above everynite and every morning where my son took his last breathe and trust me you don’t want to have to go threw that and we have other kids that know how suddenly you could be gone from this earth and ask will i die as well when i’m 16, well before covid came along as well. kids who now have not seen or hugged some loved ones for over a year now.. Before someone dares to suggests we breaking any rules..

The vaccine will not save you from everything or what strain you may get as that’s how viruses work they mutate. They find a way to survive..

Some die young (like my 16 year old son) some die old and some die inbetween.. No one lives forever and no one knows when their time will be up. Until it comes around to your door.

The truth is you can die fit and healthy and have no illness at all and no warning? like my son. just something happens and you just don’t wake up.. Have a fit and fall in a certain way and no one is around to help and you cannot breathe, you could die, you could have a stroke there are so many ways..

Some on this forum seem to think that they know everything, when clearly they know very little and look we don’t want to lose loved ones but we will and people have and always will do.. but also alot have died from not getting treatments for normal things because of the lockdowns and the nhs being overrun every year in the winter season, some years are worse than others but that is fact.. we all know that..

Even the nhs knows that, so why was it not planned for.. Did they think they had dodged the bullit’s or wanted it to happen so more stricter restrictions can be put in place again and again..

So that no one can even sit down on a bench to get some air as it’s some sort of bad crime, well it’s not a crime it’s guidance and you will get a fpn which is a civil matter not a criminal one, as even the mps and prime minster and 1st minster in scotland etc seem to bend the rules, but we all the people are to blame right.. what is law is not clear at all and it seems those in power break them rules alot..

There is no point getting personal because you don’t like the views of others unless you want to live in a society that thinks this and that should be cancelled because it’s not PC anymore and google, facebook and amazon can control who has a voice or not.. why because it woukd upset the narritive and the people might wakeup to the truth.. Like they have never ever lied before or killed people before history tell us otherwise..

People begging for customers not to come into your garage for a paper etc and be banned, soon you will have no job at all. Once we go cashless, which soon contactless is to be increased to £100 you will not be needed anymore. It is the tax payed that pays for our cars on the scheme and when april comes we will see that this country is bankrupt. They maybe able to put it off a bit more but the debt grows stands at over 2 trillion now.

Another issse is those saying on tv to stay at home and then they jet off to the caribbean or dubai for buisness or some for their 36th bd party. or some even got on a train knowing they have covid and is it any wonder why some are feedup with it all…

I know my mum is and she has said if it goes on much longer shes gonna say sod it all… Because she has dementia and she knows whats coming as her mum her aunts etc all had it..and time is running out for her and no covid jab is gonna save here from that nasty disease.

#135772 Reply
    Mike11

My mum died 4 years ago and my dad last year in January before the COVID I miss them very much and cry in bed at night I still cannot believe they have gone what I cannot understand and please could someone tell me is why isn’t death discussed ie where do we go ? Why have they never on tv had a panel to discuss death with a vicar scientists etc etc non of us know what happens when we die and I’d like to see my parents again!

#135798 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

My mum died 4 years ago and my dad last year in January before the COVID I miss them very much and cry in bed at night I still cannot believe they have gone what I cannot understand and please could someone tell me is why isn’t death discussed ie where do we go ? Why have they never on tv had a panel to discuss death with a vicar scientists etc etc non of us know what happens when we die and I’d like to see my parents again!

Hi Mike if it is any comfort i lost my Dad in 1982 and my Mum in 2000 and i like you find it very hard at times so although it fades slightly it also can depend on the person and their relationship they had with there parents i myself was very close to my Mum as i said the gap between my Dad and my Mother’s death i spent more time in the end with my Mum and really miss her and my Dad in fact as i believe in afterlife i think we will be reunited one day we all go through this period some time in our life when close people die and sometimes i think why is life so cruel to us whether it is a test on us i do not know but also losing my Dog in 2012 i took that very bad and still remember her it seems we go through this pain and it is not nice but i hope you know that it happens to us all.

#135799 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

A very thought provoking post, rox. Thank you very much for taking the time to write it.

#135834 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

#135850 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant
    #135857 Reply
    Daf

The truth is out there without a doubt. The choice is between Trumps acolytes peddling conspiracy theories or the plethora of facts showing we are in the midst of a cruel pandemic robbing people of their loved ones prematurely.

Just out of curiosity how many on the Forum truly believe Covid is some sort of hoax?

#135858 Reply
    Mike11

Wigwam sure does

#135863 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Can anyone show where I thought Covid was a hoax?. Of course I don’t. I have had three family members ill with it.

And please leave off with the conspiracy theory nonsense.

#135973 Reply
    Daf

Anyone reading comments questioning the efficacy of Vaccinations, trying to downplay the numbers infected by Covid etc will come to their own conclusions.

I work for the NHS and can assure you that the pandemic is every bit as bad as its depicted by the media. Almost 2 million have died so far and there will undoubtedly be many more. Attempting to degrade the severity and attempts to combat it are dangerous and unhelpful.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,026 through 1,050 (of 1,168 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus
Your information: