Coronavirus

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 1,001 through 1,025 (of 1,281 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #135517 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

It does seem highly likely that stricter measures are on the way, and soon too.

#135538 Reply
    joss

Yes fwippers.

Because people are too dumb for their own good, and ours. The people who ignore the basic rules of keeping their distance and wearing masks.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135541 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant
    #135544 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Most interesting thing, Wigwam, is that it was produced as a countermeasure to the possibility of bio-terrorism attack using viruses. Can’t say that hadn’t occurred to me about Covid.

On a lighter, but still worrying note, my GP’s surgery has stopped doing any face-to-face work with patients. I was due to go in for regular COPD check, was just about to phone and cancel (thought the risk too great) when they phoned me to call it off.

#135546 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant
    #135575 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Yes fwippers. Because people are too dumb for their own good, and ours. The people who ignore the basic rules of keeping their distance and wearing masks.

Always the Gentleman,  I would have put it somewhat stronger than that.

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#135585 Reply
    joss

@Mike 700

My mind would agree with you Mike but my hands over rule and type something else

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#135587 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

The wife and I on many occasions have discussed, if everyone adhere as strictly as humanly possible to the measures put in place we would not need a lockdown, what has happened to common sense.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#135588 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant
    #135591 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant
    #135606 Reply
    martinod

is there more lockdown comming at the end the week

#135607 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Quite probably.

Albert Einstein: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

#135609 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant
    #135612 Reply
    JS

Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing. (Redd Foxx 1922-1991)

in the meantime im happy to conform (JS 1973-as long as bloody possible)

#135615 Reply
    martinod

iv got a good condition cheque from motability  £600 my banks in glasgow outwith my area north lanarkshire

i thought i could but it in the bank after the 16th but now i dont know  , if lockdown continues ill not be able to put it in ,will i

#135617 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I have been posting Cheques to my bank for a while but they now offer a photo service where I simply scan the Cheque through the banking App. (First Direct)

#135618 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I would argue that paying money into my account was essential and travelling to do it was unavoidable.  Presumably you don’t have a local branch?

#135620 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Prior to Covid I also used to pay cheques in at the Post Office, they cover most banks. https://www.postoffice.co.uk/everydaybanking

#135625 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i am a bookkeeper and do accounts for several companies and do their banking at the post office for hsbc,santander and others. for hsbc the post office have dedicated envelopes for you to use.

#135644 Reply
    Daf

No Wigwam the evidence against lockdowns does not keep piling up. Whilst there are invariably disadvantages to lockdowns logic dictates that if you have a highly contagious virus cutting back on social interaction will help to slow down transmission. This in turn will allow the NHS to regroup and provide frontline staff with some respite

I would implore everyone on these forums to be very careful what they post. It’s all very well standing up for free speech but when comments made are palpably wrong, such as downplaying the dangers of the pandemic or the efforts to combat it then that needs to be called out. The USA has shown what can happen to sensible discourse if overwhelmed by inaccurate paranoid comments. Let’s all do our best to prevent that happening on this forum.

#135652 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I entirely disagree with you Daf.

The view that a lockdown is the answer to everything is what is scaring people,  it’s what caused people to blame a couple taking a stroll and stopping to drink a coffee for the lack of progress in reducing the rate of infection.  It’s what allows people to blame the behaviour of other people for the inability to bring this virus under control.  It’s what is causing mental illness and deprivation.  The bogey man is out there, let’s hide from it.  It’s not working and it won’t work.

There are other views and realities out there that you want to deny people from reading about and understanding.  Sorry Daf, but no.

#135653 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I entirely disagree with you Daf.

WOW! I did not see that coming!

#135655 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Yeah, you did…!

#135664 Reply
    Robert

My good condition bonus was paid direct to my bank account no cheques.

#135678 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

My good condition bonus was paid direct to my bank account no cheques.

+1

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 25 replies - 1,001 through 1,025 (of 1,281 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus
Your information: