Coronavirus

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 751 through 775 (of 788 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #129590 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

I reckon they made all the glass equipment from bits left over from the chandelier! 😊

#129591 Reply
    Brydo

Mike your a “plonker” lol.

#129599 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Build back better, Seems to be a well used line right now by the elite.

What i wanna know if how their new world applys to those with mobility issues and why we have not had a mention in any of the infomation regarding the reset after their self inflicted economic harm on the globe.

Like a soldier has to be broken, to be built back up, to follow whatever orders are handed out. So is our society being broken so it can be built back better.

By 2030 USA will not be the biggest super power anymore and a few countries will run the world. Another wef prediction / aim of there’s.

What if they were to bring what happens in syria or what is happening in libya to a street / area near you.. Destroy all the houses, so it must be built back better, destroy the ones people own as well.. No ownership anymore, as real equality can only happen when everyone has nothing and even then the few have everything and do anything as they can afford too. Although some of the plastic surgery ain’t working so well for alot of them is it..

It’s a long drawn-out process, so no one notices. Your children grow but as you see them everyday you hardly notice, but when they see someone, they have not seen for a while, they shocked at how much they have changed. Oh haven’t they grown they say. Likewise the changes that have happen since this all came about and further back intime. Now they wanna maybe charge per mile, but who really does it affect. It don’t effect the 1% that can afford to pay and will only stay at the ritz 5 star etc.. it only effects those at the bottom, those who cannot afford to put there heating on, those now losing there jobs just before xmas and imo there is alot worse they got planned to come over the next 10 years and they not hiding the fact that is the case either.

#129610 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I think we’re at risk of getting off topic again here, rox

#129611 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Indeed, let’s stay on topic – Covid-19: politicisation, “corruption,” and suppression of science
    BMJ 2020; 371 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.m4425 (Published 13 November 2020) Cite this as: BMJ 2020;371:m4425

Link – https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4425

#129614 Reply
    rox
    Participant

True i saw that the other day gagging orders, to silence the truth, the question is why.. But that would go off topic.

#129616 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Welcome to government by the technocrats.  It’s the future.

#129620 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

True i saw that the other day gagging orders, to silence the truth, the question is why.. But that would go off topic.

Legal reasons as detailed in – https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4427 “serious concerns about the maladministration of public funds”

This is of no interest to this thread, merely gives the reason. As a scientist I have no interest in legal arguments whatsoever, only peer reviewed scientific papers matter.

On the gagging orders, etc., many of us who work or worked for governmental departments or for governmental agencies will have signed the Official Secrets Act which can be used to some extent by politicians to suppress conclusions, if it’s in the public interest, you will see this in the local C19 data released each day where local areas with less than 3 infections in the last week show as “suppressed” and the reason given is to protect individuals (so that the neighbours don’t nail their doors shut & throw a petrol bomb in to “cleanse”, when a couple of weeks isolation works just as well).

#129628 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Off topic (apologies) but HS2 has made most everyone it deals with sign non-disclosure agreements, including local authorities and public bodies.  Nothing like pre-empting the likely future scandals..

#129797 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant
    #129944 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant
    #129960 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

An inconvenient truth from just another expert?

#130215 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

So the Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine has proven to be 70% effective or up to 90% if you listen to Matt Hancock.

This vaccine is different to the Pfizer and Moderna ones that offer 90-95% in that instead of using messenger RNA technology it is more traditional in that it injects a small dose of a chimpanzee coronavirus.

But the real difference is the cost, $3 per dose as apposed to $30 or $37

The share price in AstraZeneca has actually dropped since the announcement so thats not great news.

The media seem to be in full spin mode on this and as the UK Government have already made a commitment of 100 million doses I believe and it seems that they are going to push ahead with a vaccination programme.

I am concerned that once the media dust settles the take up will be very low and we could have put our eggs in the wrong basket. The expression ‘act in haste repent at leisure’ springs to mind. I do hope I am wrong.

#130216 Reply
    Brydo

wmc most scientists would have bitten your hand off for a 70% efficacy vaccine a month ago but obviously the 90%+ efficacy of the other two vaccines appears to put this one in the shade.

The 90% efficacy, hope I’m using this word correctly, is achieved by administering a small first dose and a large second dose, so in my book its 90% effective and how do I get it?

#130220 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

wmc most scientists would have bitten your hand off for a 70% efficacy vaccine a month ago but obviously the 90%+ efficacy of the other two vaccines appears to put this one in the shade. The 90% efficacy, hope I’m using this word correctly, is achieved by administering a small first dose and a large second dose, so in my book its 90% effective and how do I get it?

I worry too much. I never used to. It’s a skill/curse I acquired after having children. I would be right behind you in the queue but I do worry the queue would not be long enough.

#130224 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

These are interim analysis results & show part of the dosing trial data.

The parts that I found interesting:

“Early indication that vaccine could reduce virus transmission from an observed reduction in asymptomatic infections”

and

“There were no hospitalised or severe cases in anyone who received the vaccine”

Then there’s the simple logistics problem, this is a vaccine that needs to be kept refrigerated in a normal fridge & not some ultra-low temperature lab freezer. This means fewer batches being wrecked by careless health workers & no danger of accidentally injecting something into someone that instantly causes frostbite.

I’m looking forward to reviewing the data on this when I get it.

Linky to the Oxford Uni news – https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2020-11-23-oxford-university-breakthrough-global-covid-19-vaccine?hp#

• This reply was modified 1 day, 3 hours ago by gothitjulie.
    #130227 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

So is the reason the share price in AstraZeneca dropped and continues to drop simply because they have promised to not make a profit from the drug until July 2021?

AstraZeneca reiterated its promise to “ensure broad and equitable access to the vaccine at no profit for the duration of the pandemic”.

I have a policy of turning the stock market for news on business and bookmakers for everything else when i want to find out the truth behind the media puff.

#130228 Reply
    Brydo

The “M” word may come into the equation at some point. I’m not a big fan of making things mandatory but these are not normal times. I would hope that the vast majority of people would get the vaccine. The problem we have is there are conspiracy theorists out there, we have some on the forum actually, not sure if you’ve noticed, who can scare people into not taking it with BS theories and random made up data.

#130230 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

So is the reason the share price in AstraZeneca dropped and continues to drop simply because they have promised to not make a profit from the drug until July 2021?

I’d imagine it’s more the disappointment that they have only managed to bully interim results out of the team when they were hoping for an early release of the full results.

#130233 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

The “M” word may come into the equation at some point. I’m not a big fan of making things mandatory but these are not normal times. I would hope that the vast majority of people would get the vaccine. The problem we have is there are conspiracy theorists out there, we have some on the forum actually, not sure if you’ve noticed, who can scare people into not taking it with BS theories and random made up data.

I think mandatory is reasonable for all the conspiracy theorists, give them something to protest about.

When it comes down to these vaccines, over 90% of the British public will more than likely demand them, there will be a few percent of people who are wavering & undecided, and the conspiracy theorists will probably jump at the chance to receive it too (they don’t practice what they preach, they merely hope others will die from their spreading of misinformation).

#130236 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

@gothitjulie

You speak a language I understand.

#130266 Reply
    rox
    Participant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8971669/What-DONT-tell-Covid-facts-twisted-strike-fear-hearts.html

who is Covid-19 killing?

To put it simply, the victims are overwhelmingly the elderly and those with pre-existing conditions.

Of the 37,470 Covid-19 deaths recorded by NHS England up to November 18, 53.7 percent were of people aged over 80.

In comparison, there have been just 275 deaths (only 0.7 per cent of the total) in people under 40.

And crucially, those who have died from Covid-19 are overwhelmingly likely to have suffered from a pre-existing condition.

Of those who have died from coronavirus, 35,806 people (95.6 per cent of the total) had at least one pre-existing serious medical condition.

In fact, there have been just 42 deaths of people aged under 40 without a pre-existing condition.

What counts as pre-existing conditions?

While there has been lots of discussion about how a person’s lifestyle – their weight or general respiratory condition, for example – makes them more vulnerable to Covid-19, the truth is that those who die with pre-existing conditions tend to be suffering from serious, debilitating diseases.

So the question is why does everyone need to be vaccinated?

Surely only those at risk need to be, like now does everyone get the flu jab, the answer is no.. So why with this. Normal vaccines take years to test and these are being fast tracked and none of the mrna types have got the go ahead before, because of issues and Now their breaking records.  What are the longer term side effects. we won’t know till people maybe start getting ill, like with gulf war syndrome. Plus if one does they not liable.

Look i am not try to put anyone off but highlight the risks of fast tracking these to my kids and i think anyone who doesn’t consider the risks is doing themselves and others no real favours.

Mark my words soon you will not be able travel or do this or that if you not tested or vaccinated. So most will get it done to comply. but my original question is valid why does everyone need to be vaccinated if only a certain group is at a high risk.

#130271 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

rox i don’t think you should get immunised……………………………………………………………………………if you dont want to.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#130272 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Likewise those who think they should, They should.

All i am saying is one should make an informed choice based on the risks to themselves, No one lives forever and i understand that more than many losing my son in 2017 who was 16, fit and healthy and i guess he was unlucky and was the 1 in 1000 of  the children who die every year from Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP) or it was natural causes, they don’t really know which.

He did have childhood epilepsy but had nothing from when he was around 5 till that day.. Nothing anyone could of done or known about it and not many can understand it. How you can be here and then gone in a flash and for his two sisters it’s even harder to understand. Worrying it will happen to them. My youngest was 6 then and she asked her mum will i die when i am 16. So this going on now all has a big effect on them. life goes on regardless.

Every moment of life is precious and every second of every memory, however painful is important too of made those memories and where we are now is wasting time we can never get back. Nothing can change what has happened to us and my daughters especially, they have suffered something that will stay with them forvever. Nothing can save you from what is coming if it is your time it’s your time.

We think we have control but we don’t.

They allowed to go to school and i see no risk to them doing that right now but they not allowed  out anywhere else during this lockdown because of the scaremongering and constant bombardment from the media of how bad it is when really it’s around 1% worse than the flu and children are at more risk from the flu than covid, thats what the data tells us..

I would of traded places with my son without thought but that’s not how life works is it.. In the same vain i will protect them all i can from something i think is more risky, because the procudures have been relaxed because of this pandemic and our basic freedoms have been taken away and if they say you can only get your freedom back by getting the jab or having two negative tests a week and you will get a freedom pass then it is forced upon most indirectly and imo will prove me right to be sceptical.

#130283 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

They allowed to go to school and i see no risk to them doing that right now but they not allowed out anywhere else during this lockdown because of the scaremongering and constant bombardment from the media of how bad it is when really it’s around 1% worse than the flu and children are at more risk from the flu than covid, thats what the data tells us.

Yet there are teachers from a primary school in an ICU, & it’s not looking great for them.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/two-primary-school-teachers-fighting-23053290

This 1% worse than flu figure you keep quoting is utter bunkum & it’s these lies that are encouraging people to drop their guard against COVID-19. Please stop trying to kill people.

• This reply was modified 12 hours, 2 minutes ago by gothitjulie.
Viewing 25 replies - 751 through 775 (of 788 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus
Your information: