Coronavirus

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 726 through 750 (of 818 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #129278 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I absolutely disagree with you Brydo. What Rox said about religion was true in Europe before the Enlightenment and is still true in many parts of the world causing misery death and destruction right now.  It needs to be called out, not hidden from.

#129280 Reply
    Brydo

I don’t think I suggested that anything should be hidden in fact I said that we should discuss it!

#129281 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Mark Twain:

In religion and politics people’s beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.

#129283 Reply
    RICHARD WAITES

Rox makes an awful lot of sweeping generalisations with regards to Religion, more his beliefs than actual fact. Admittedly it is the case with certain beliefs but by no means all. His views on the govt and its actions are the musings of a conspiracy theorist and little more I’m afraid. What ever people say will be controversial and cause concerns for those who do not agree, hopefully the strength of those convictions, whatever they may be, will see them through.

#129284 Reply
    ajn

Lots of self important comments on here, none of which will solve anything really will it…

#129285 Reply
    RICHARD WAITES

Self important? Not sure about that but you are absolutely correct, it won’t solve anything. It just causes ill feeling towards those with different opinions to our own therefore best avoided.

#129288 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

My loved ones have passed away and I cry every day will I see them again in the kingdom of heaven ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#129312 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Umm I got my religious upbringing from Dave Allen and Billy Connolly!Also my mother always said that difference between Catholics and Protestants was that Catholics lived in fear of god and protestants lived with God!

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#129333 Reply
    rox
    Participant

So say anything contary to certain views and that’s not allowed, nothing i have ever said is offensive or i would have been removed from the forum and often i stand up for those who suffer abuse from some on this forum. (which comes in many forms) and nor was it intended to be offensive.

I got my religious education from nuns for not drinking my milk, that was a 1m wooden ruler across my knuckles, but that is not my point, My point is what i said before and i stand by that and imo anyone can believe what they want to and practice any religion they want to, although that’s not really possible anymore in the modern world we live in..

You are a conspiracy theorist for talking about history or anything different to the narritive of the staus quo.

Maybe i am just informed, kings and queens in older times are also apart of the same methods of control as the goverment and religion are or have been in the past and i could go into it more but it seems some cannot handle the truth from others, but believe their truths is the truth..

Henry the 8th even formed his own church as the r.c one would not grant his wish to get married again. The one the queen is the head of now. There are different versions of islam Sunni Islam is separated into four main schools of jurisprudence, namely, Hanafi, Maliki, Shafi’i, Hanbali. These schools are named after Abu Hanifa, Malik bin Anas, al-Shafi’i, and Ahmad ibn Hanbal, respectively. Shia Islam, on the other hand, is separated into three major sects: Twelvers, Ismailis, and Zaydis.

Whatever religion you follow for thousands of years different sides have been at loggerheads even within one’s own group or subset or community it is to cause divisions imo and that’s not real either, it’s conspiracy theory as well i guess.

If you can go to heaven then there must be another place for the not so worthy right and a place inbetween.

Plus also i was not the person to bring up religion but there is no kick back to them only my comment and i was not offended when they mentioned virtually the abuse of children by religions

“Religions use this trick to brainwash children into becoming victims”

So this is why i have now said what i have said.

I do not want anything said about their comment, I got no problem with it at all. but you cannot pick and choose who you allow or decide can offend or cannot offend, that is discrimination.

Is it brydo’s aim to shut down any debate or view one doesn’t agree with or might find offensive and i don’t see why brydo, who in the past has called me basically a nutcase continues to post on my comments as he feels he has to and now he’s trying to say my post could / might be offensive to someone, but ignores others comments .

“I just think religion should be handled in a similar way to gender and racism”

It’s a shame that don’t include abuse aimed at so called nutcases like myself. I could take that as offensive but it’s how he view my opinons, not me and i do understand his reasoning, it’s a shame he does not understand mein though. Maybe as the other poster said, maybe he’s been brainwashed and conditioned to police peoples views on the behalf of others.. Thats another thing thats wrong with this world we live.. to many sjw’s but it only applies to some not all.. whats allowed and what is not allowed..or is it just me he has a problem with and singles out..

Always happens in a passive aggressive manner either to try and shut people up or maybe to get them removed if they bite, which i will not.. but in the same vein i will still offer my views even if some don’t want to here them and even on his posts on the forum in the future as is my right to do so..

I got no more to say on this matter, or the thread will get closed by admin and that i don’t want to happen.

lifes to short.

#129339 Reply
    ajn

Just for the record the headline is
    CORONAVIRUS

I can’t see anything asking who can write the longest reply without mentioning coronsvirus at all.

#129352 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

This is weird i thought this forum was for motability and cars not any other topic i really think some should go to another discussion forum site as things like discussed are getting out of hand not been here for a while and i was dismayed to see what’s happening.

#129357 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Not quite, daveblue. We have the Offtopic section for other stuff and Coronavirus was considered import enough to be where it is at the top.

Having said that lack of self-discipline by posters including myself has taken this way off topic. I will bring it back by posting a chart. Some here will find it contentious – human nature to argue!

#129401 Reply
    DaveW

Came in to see what views were on here re Coronavirus.

Will not be looking back in.

All very odd……..

#129402 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Why not share your views here DaveW?  It is, after all, a forum for discussion.

#129403 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Wigwam he won’t be looking back in lol 😀

#129404 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It was a test!

#129405 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I bet he looks again

#129418 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

All very odd…..” What a nice compliment. We should try to live up to it! 😊

#129502 Reply
    rox
    Participant

why not, Pfizer fines since 2000 over 4.5 billion

#129504 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Coronavirus: What do we know about ‘Pfizer’ and can we trust them with a vaccine

ByPaul Knaggs-November 10, 2020

https://labourheartlands.com/coronavirus-what-do-we-know-about-pfizer-and-can-we-trust-them-with-a-vaccine/

#129554 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Moderna: Covid vaccine shows nearly 95% protection

A new vaccine that protects against Covid-19 is nearly 95% effective, early data from US company Moderna shows.

The results come hot on the heels of similar results from Pfizer, and add to growing confidence that vaccines can help end the pandemic.

Both companies used a highly innovative and experimental approach to designing their vaccines.
    Moderna says it is a “great day” and they plan to apply for approval to use the vaccine in the next few weeks.

However, this is still early data and key questions remain unanswered.
    How good is it?

The trial involved 30,000 people in the US with half being given two doses of the vaccine, four weeks apart. The rest had dummy injections.

The analysis was based on the first 95 to develop Covid-19 symptoms.
    Only five of the Covid cases were in people given the vaccine, 90 were in those given the dummy treatment. The company says the vaccine is protecting 94.5%.

The data also shows there were 11 cases of severe Covid in the trial, but none happened in people who were immunised.

“The overall effectiveness has been remarkable… it’s a great day,” Tal Zaks, the chief medical officer at Moderna, told BBC News.

What don’t we know?

We still do not know how long immunity will last as volunteers will have to be followed for much longer before that can be answered.
    There are hints it offers some protection in older age groups, who are most at risk of dying from Covid, but there is not full data.
    Mr Zaks told the BBC their data so far suggests the vaccine “does not appear to lose its potency” with age.
    And it is not known whether the vaccine just stops people becoming severely ill, or if it stops them spreading the virus too.
    All these questions will affect how a coronavirus vaccine is used.

Is it safe?

No significant safety concerns have been reported, but nothing, including paracetamol, is 100% safe.
    Short lived fatigue, headache and pain were reported after the injection in some patients.
    “These effects are what we would expect with a vaccine that is working and inducing a good immune response,” said Prof Peter Openshaw, from Imperial College London.

How does this compare to the Pfizer vaccine?
    Both vaccines use the same approach of injecting part of the virus’s genetic code in order to provoke an immune response.
    The preliminary data we have seen so far is very similar – around 90% protection for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine and around 95% for Moderna’s.
    However, both trials are still taking place and the final numbers could change.
    Moderna’s vaccine appears to be easier to store as it remains stable at minus 20C for up to six months and can be kept in a standard fridge for up to a month.
    Pfizer’s vaccine needs ultra-cold storage at around minus 75C, but it can be kept in the fridge for five days.
    The Sputnik V vaccine, developed in Russia, has also released very early data which suggests it is 92% effective.
    When will I get it?
    That depends on where you are in the world and how old you are.
    Moderna says it will apply to regulators in the US in the coming weeks. It expects to have 20 million doses available in the country.
    The company hopes to have up to one billion doses available for use around the world next year and is planning to seek approval in other countries too.
    The UK government is still negotiating with Moderna as their vaccine is not one of the six it has already pre-ordered.
    The UK has outlined plans that prioritise the oldest people for immunisation.
    How does it work?
    Moderna has developed an “RNA vaccine” – it means part of the coronavirus’s genetic code is injected into the body.
    This starts making viral proteins, but not the whole virus, which is enough to train the immune system to attack.
    It should train the body to make both antibodies – and another part of the immune system called T-cells to fight the coronavirus.

What reaction has there been?
    “This news from Moderna is tremendously exciting and considerably boosts optimism that we will have a choice of good vaccines in the next few months,” said Prof Peter Openshaw from Imperial College London.
    He added: “We need more complete details than we have in this press release, but this announcement adds to the general feeling of optimism.”
    Prof Trudie Lang, from the University of Oxford, said: “It is very good news indeed to see another vaccine coming through with similar efficacy results as were reported last week from Pfizer.
    “This is also an interim analysis, which means that there were enough cases within the vaccinated volunteers to give statistical significance and allow the team to break the blind to determine who had the active vaccine and who had placebo.”

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#129574 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

#129584 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Hahahaha Nice one Mike 👍👍👍

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#129586 Reply
    Vinnie
    Participant

Ha ha nice one the boys from Peckham 😂

#129589 Reply
    ajn

😂🤣😂

Viewing 25 replies - 726 through 750 (of 818 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus
Your information: