Coronavirus

This topic contains 561 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Tharg 1 day ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 561 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110418 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

All the larger food stores in our area are now following a “one out one in system”, the stores are empty but the car parks are full of people chating.

Makes no sense.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Brydo.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#110420 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

On a more worrying note I have a sore throat, a pounding headache and a cough. I hope its the flu, I’ve never said that before.

Strange times.

#110428 Reply

Dave h

Reading through the posts from the usual crew I’ve noticed winston hasnt popped up anyone know if he’s  ok?

#110433 Reply

joss
    Participant

@brydo  I hope it’s just a 24 man cold and nothing else my friend. Fingers crossed.

@dave h good spot Dave. I hope that Winston is ok and just having a time out.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#110438 Reply

Brydo

Thanks Joss I hope so too.

Winston pops in and out of the forum, so hopefully it is just one of those occasions when he is busy doing other things. It would be good to hear he is ok though.

#110441 Reply

Mike

Yes Brydo where is Winston ? I miss his comments

#110471 Reply

Mike

Are their any country’s who don’t have the corona virus ?

#110475 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Antarctica

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#110482 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Our daughter and son in law own a gym (they recently had to close) a friend of their who is very healthy owns a gym near by is on life support.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#110485 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

That’s awful, I hope they pull through.

#110486 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

@brydo, how are you feeling mate?

Hopefully just a touch of seasonal “Manflu”

#110496 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

@vinalspin I’m doing OK throat still a bit sore but pounding head is gone replaced by a blocked nose.

Been a walk to pick up my prescription and the place is empty. Just back and having a cup of tea and a kit kat, other biscuits are available lol.

#110498 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

But not Tunnocks Tea Cakes to my great regret.

#110499 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

I stay not too far from the factory wigwam so we still have them in the stores, my personal favourite from tunnocks is the “Carmel wafer”, I keep them in the fridge, fantastic.

If your ever up this kneck of the woods pop into tunnocks shop and try an apple tart, I swear they are fantastic.

#110501 Reply

Mike

We love tunnocks tea cakes I bet the factory is big Brydo I’ve saw them on sale in Spain etc

#110505 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Mike not as big as you would think, they added a large extension a few years ago and I think it works 24/7. Mr Tunnock still runs it, not sure what age he is now. He drives about in his old Rolls Royce and is a well respected member of the community.

#110507 Reply

Mike

Tunnocks tea cakes have won awards and rightly so

#110508 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

I have a box of Teacakes in the cupboard.  Should I eat them or put them on eBay? None in the shops here..

#110509 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

https://www.tunnock.co.uk

#110510 Reply

Mike

They were in my big Tesco Thursday but I got there for 6.30am

#110513 Reply

daveblue
    Participant

Someone was saying on the tv that this virus may go on into 2021 if you as they say you cannot go out only for shopping then we are paying for a motability that we cannot use that’s a lot of money wasted which is a great shame and not only that the batteries will go flat we just do not know whats going to happen and i was really looking forward to getting out at some point but i am in isolation at this time.

#110517 Reply

Mike

Dave you can drive to supermarket or chemist or hospital etc

#110520 Reply

Footloose

As bad as things are just now and hopefully it gets better however I like many fear the next winter or as soon as September arrives though hope that the current measures make that less of a daunting prospect.

#110523 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Assuming that once we’ve had the virus we become immune then it will last until everyone’s been exposed to it.  Given the general population are unlikely to put up with this isolation for more than a month and post viral tests should be available for everyone by then, I reckon it will be over and done with by June.

As an optimist and a disbeliever in the media hype, that’s my plan, anyway!

#110525 Reply

daveblue
    Participant

Many thanks guys for all your help there is a guy that lives in our sheltered housing and he has been in and out of hospital and has a volvo top of the range v60 ex which he has had now for nearly 3 yrs and he has only used it twice in that time its got cobwebs around the exhaust and is standing outside battery kept going flat what a waste of a big car it is a shame.

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 561 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: