Coronavirus

This topic contains 413 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  vinalspin 1 hour, 48 minutes ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 413 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110144 Reply

joss
    Participant

Follow the rules. YOU are being watched

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#110150 Reply

Tharg

Joss… so THAT’S where all the spaghetti has gone. No wonder I can’t get any!

#110152 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Dorset Police have said “Don’t go to a local beauty spot to exercise, do it close to home”.  So rather than wandering in solitude amid beauty, we should pound the pavements with others, crossing the street where necessary to avoid breeching the distance rules. If anyone understands the logic of this, please tell me.

#110153 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

If anyone understands the logic of this, please tell me.

I assume it is to keep cars off the road, should there be a breakdown or accident it will use vital resources that could be deployed fighting the enemy.

#110154 Reply

JS
    #110156 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

It’s a point, wmc, because in time we’re all going to be hurling ourselves off the cliffs round here out of despair.  No resources needed, the tide will carry us away…..

#110157 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Dorset Police have said “Don’t go to a local beauty spot to exercise, do it close to home”. So rather than wandering in solitude amid beauty, we should pound the pavements with others, crossing the street where necessary to avoid breeching the distance rules. If anyone understands the logic of this, please tell me.

This exercise option is being reviewed daily by the government.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  fwippers.
    #110163 Reply

Clipped wings

Wife walked to the beach at highcliffe, East DORSET today. She is high risk but has to exercise. I’m high Risk, but cannot. Drove to pick her up as she over did it, but guess verboten now as is sitting in car to look at the sea. Suppose saying going to catch fish for supper won’t wash. Due to no delivery slots here for weeks, will have to brave the supermarket madness  soon. Which is the one that is most likely to cause us to be a drain on the Nhs? With reference to my previous posts on “ herd immunity” and now Cummings alleged “ if some pensioners die so be it” conversation, my thoughts turned from General Haig and the battle of the Somme analogy  to monty python’s Bring out your dead scene from the Holy Grail. . You can google it. On YouTube. Take care all

#110164 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

I have just had an email from the National Park, it tells visitors to keep away and goes on to say those who want to exercise should do so from home and not drive to park, where all car parks are now closed.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  fwippers.
    #110169 Reply

Philjb

That’s correct don’t be surprised if they start fining folk who don’t take carry out the measures to keep us all safe.
    It was explained that driving to exercise or for non vital use puts others at risk, if you breakdown, crash etc you are putting front line staff at risk of spreading the virus and taking them away from treating others with the virus.
    plus every time we buy fuel we are risking touching contaminated surfaces and then spreading the virus.
    you only have to look at the speed it’s spreading to see people are still ignoring advice.

#110171 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Yesterday we had an accident, a collision, we believe between a cyclist and a vehicle in our road, two police cars and two ambulances whose time would be better spent dealing with coronovirus. Once the bill is passed on Thursday in parliament I expect Boris to clamp down further and I fully expect the army to assist the police in enforcement.

#110178 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Fwippers, the army are not trained for a policing role. Expect them to be used for logistics and transport.  I would be very surprised if HMG gave soldiers legal powers or put them on the streets.

#110179 Reply

mitch
    Participant

wigwam, your right unless martial law is declared any military deployed would have no more powers than you or me. initially their role would be to support civil powers not implement them. as you say their role initially will be the ability to deploy an efficient logistical chain delivering stuff etc. even in northern ireland technically we were there to support the ruc, it was the ruc that had the legal powers and authority.

in days gone by the military could have provided a lot of medically skilled people, but nowadays most of them are reservists already working in the nhs. oh for a spare field ambulance unit round about now.

#110187 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

MOT extension
    Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has granted an MOT extension to drivers whose MOT is due from March 30.

Those who are due an MOT after that date will automatically receive an automatic six-month extension.

#110212 Reply

clipped wings

An Italian’s view, not that it matters now as flights still arrive from Iran, China etc without any proper checks, so I’m informed.

See you all in six months, hopefully, after lease and MOT extensions. Stay well and thanks for all the info.

#110308 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Went to my big Tesco 10 mins away this morning all shelf’s stoocked and just a handfull of people in so I was far away from anyone I think the frost put them off ! I was so pleased to get shopping even got tub of fat balls as love to feed birds have 3 bird feeders

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#110326 Reply

gothitjulie
    Participant

Still seeing groups of people having BBQs, etc. The period of at least 4 weeks needed to stop this virus doesn’t start until they stop going out & meeting their friends.

Hopefully the government wil start to ramp up the penalties week by week as they are in Italy & Spain, 5 years in prison currently being one of the penalties, & no doubt if that doesn’t deter these people they’ll have to be shot dead like the mad dogs they are.

#110329 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Bring the army in …….. the Salvation Army

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#110331 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

The virus will not stop until everyone has been exposed to it or a vaccine is developed. All that is being done at the moment is to slow its spread so the NHS can cope with those vulnerable few who react to it seriously.

Those people who are ignoring advice are unlikely to be risking their own lives, but the lives of the vulnerable who they don’t care about.

Nothing will change that, unfortunately. We do not have a large state police force nor do we have the prison space for more idiots.

#110339 Reply

mitch
    Participant

well we now have

queues at ice cream vans in leeds.

bird watchers travelling miles to see some rare bird.

people driving to the peak district to walk dogs.

people dialing 999 to report neighbours for going out for a 2nd jog in one day.

oh and cat owners ringing up to give their cats away because theyre scared they will catch the virus from them.

i despair what is our education system doing, the average IQ must be heading for single figures.

#110340 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I must confess to getting cross having just seen a chap taking his dog for the second walk of the day. I won’t be phoning 999, I’ll just log it in my little grey cells and silently place him on my list.

#110341 Reply

mitch
    Participant

as the weathers been quite sunny but chill the last few days one neighbour has put his treadmill outside and uses it looking out accross the fields at the back.

the dog walkers using the fields and pathways keep stopping and looking over i think trying to work out what hes doing. they are quite a distance away so he must look odd from out there.

#110342 Reply

mitch
    Participant

Snake pass shisha session stopped by officers

Neil Heath

BBC News Online
    Images have emerged showing a group of people enjoying picnics, kebabs and smoking shisha pipes during the coronavirus lockdown.

Derbyshire Police officers said they broke up the gathering at Snake Pass in the Peak District, on Thursday.

People who had travelled from Manchester, Sheffield and as far as Ipswich, were “dispersed with no resistance” and reminded that they had not been practicing “social distancing” and should be at home.

#110344 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

On the matter of dogs – I don’t have one, so I don’t know but could it be they need taking out twice to satisfy their bodily functions? Not everyone has a garden etc…

#110355 Reply

Philjb

Wigwam like people dogs generally need a walk to relive them selves every few hours if you don’t have a garden then it will mean taking the dog out.

Our dog is a bulldog and he’s happy with one walk a day and use the garden when he needs to.
    Other breeds need long walks and runs to keep them in good condition so they definitely would need walking more then once.

I note in all these cases of police turning cars around none are from the London area. These people have had so much time for the advice to sink in. Now it’s time to fine or charge people who think it’s fine to go out for the day for a picnic or bike/car meet.

I don’t want to end up seriously I’ll due to one of these morons.

Viewing 25 replies - 276 through 300 (of 413 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

One thought on “Coronavirus”