Coronavirus

This topic contains 413 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  vinalspin 2 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108156 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

There is a lot of knowledge amongst us, I exclude myself.

The COVID 19 is dominating the news:

How worried should we be?

Will this be Spanish flu proportions or just another contained outbreak as SARS and MERS were?

Oh – and when will we start to see ‘Just in time’ manufacturing suffer?

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 413 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #109955 Reply

mitch
    Participant

i order some ready meals from wiltshire farm foods for the occasions when i cant stand and cook etc.

usually order once a month and get about 10 meals and some desserts as its difficult getting small desserts for one. and they do the retro stuff crumbles and custard and the like.

anyway went on to order today and they are restricting it to existing customers only so i guess theyve been innundated by people looking for a way around the problems with supermarkets etc.

#109959 Reply

gillan

Brydo,

i’m not sure 135000 employees and their families of McDonalds would agree.

Lets hope food supplies don’t run out or you might be wishing they were still open.

#109960 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

There was a guy taken into custody I hear ?

Apparently he was filling his trolley up to the top with Lobster, and Crabs, and shrimp, emptying the shelves as he went along –

shellfish bastard!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Mike 700.
    #109963 Reply

brydo

Gillan I think they are still getting paid, but on the bright side millions of people will not be eating the sh%£# they produce.

#109965 Reply

brydo

The old ones are the best Mike, which is just as well as I don’t have any new one’s lol.

#109966 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Gillan, I believe as long as they have been paid through the company’s PAYE system, staff will get 80% pay from HMG, and there may be a benefit that some of their customers might have to learn to cook!

#109968 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Ah, crossed with your comment, Brydo… Personally I don’t mind a big Mac on occasion although I prefer a BK whopper. When I say on occasion I mean about once a year!

#109971 Reply

gillan

my father had the same attitude,complete snobbery, towards McDonalds until he was in Hong Kong and not getting on with the local food had to have McDonalds having never had one before.

He is in his 70’s and his brother 10 years older. He doesn’t slag them anymore!

#109973 Reply

POPS

We have McDonalds as an occasional take away treat. I find it tasty and economical although we have it so infrequently as the nearest McDonalds is in the next town.

#109975 Reply

brydo

Gillan it’s not snobbery the food is rubbish absolute crap.

#109976 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I had a grand Big Mac chips and Diet Coke a month ago was very filling cost £6 Brydo we all have different tastes 😀

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#109977 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

My partner loves the coffee in McDonald’s

#109979 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Hi all.

I have found this Coronavirus map, if you zoom in on the different places in China, you can see how few cases there were outside of Hubei, and how most are no longer active. It offers a ray of light that the spread can be contained.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

#109980 Reply

brydo

I’m not saying people can’t or don’t like them mike I’m just saying the stuff is crap and very unhealthy. I love a fry up but its not good for me, but I can buy free range eggs, quality low fat sausages, rindless bacon etc to make it more healthy. There is nothing you can do with a MacDonald’s to make it more healthy, except maybe throw it in the bin.

#109981 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

The Chinese government is not renowned for telling the truth. Voices from inside China tell a very different tale.

#109988 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

The Chinese government is not renowned for telling the truth. Voices from inside China tell a very different tale.

perhaps, maybe – but at least they are back on the streets after three months.

#109992 Reply

brydo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-52001837

Coronavirus: South Korea reports lowest number of new cases in four weeks

South Korea has reported the lowest number of new coronavirus cases since infection rates peaked four weeks ago, fuelling hope Asia’s worst outbreak outside China may be abating.

The country recorded 64 new cases of Covid-19 in the last 24 hours, taking the total to 8,961 with 111 deaths.

But health officials warn against complacency, saying the country still faces a long war against the infection.

Europe is currently at the centre of the pandemic.

Italy reported 651 new deaths on Sunday, bringing the total there to 5,476, while Spain added another 462 deaths in the past 24 hours for a total of 2,182.

#109997 Reply

Georgie

I loved the McNuggets when they first came out.  But after the first 3 months or so the quality of the chicken dropped so I stopped buying them.

I’m really a Burger King gal.  🙂

#109999 Reply

Elliot
    Participant

I loved the McNuggets when they first came out. But after the first 3 months or so the quality of the chicken dropped so I stopped buying them. I’m really a Burger King gal. 🙂

Have you tried the rebel whopper yet?

I did a couple of weeks ago and was impressed.

#110000 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Fillet of fish nice I always have pot of curry sauce with the chips

#110001 Reply

TomThumb
    Participant

The amount of cars queuing up at Macky’ds this afternoon, getting in before they lock the doors, was unbelievable.

Tom…

#110006 Reply

Philjb

No way would I be going out until the all clear, i wonder if take away delivery will all stop? That will leave a hell of a lot of full and part time self employed out of work.

This afternoon we got a second food parcel from Nandos my eldest grandkid is a manager and all food has to go, they’ve given away as much as local charities can handle and there is still loads left. This closure was last minute as they only had a delivery yesterday so the place was fully stocked.
    BTW I hate Nandos but my wife and daughter who’s still at home like it. lol

#110007 Reply

TomThumb
    Participant

18 months ago I spent 7 days days in hospital, I had an unknown viral infection that they never found out what it actually was, I was in isolation for a week,

At the same time, my son in the next ward for 10 days, unknown viral infection so he was also in isolation for the 10 days, he had it worse than I did & twice we nearly lost him. Both of us pumped upto the hilt with broad spectrum antibiotics because they didn’t have a clue what they were treating

We both had all the symptoms of the now known covid-19.

Now my grandson who at the time was 8mth old made the 3rd generation to be admitted to hospital that same week, he was there 5 days with a severe chest infection & breathing difficulties.

Our symptoms back then were the same as covid-19 is now,
    It’s the twilight zone & X-Files all at once.

Tom…

#110008 Reply

Brian

Just a bit of a heads up – I’m supposed to go ordering my new car this weekend but I’ve received several emails from different garage groups (including the one I’m supposed to be ordering from) stating that they are closing down for the foreseeable future.
    I’m in no doubt that others will quickly follow so where does Motability stand on this?
    Bang goes the £500 AP discount I’d negotiated as well.

#110009 Reply

Philjb

It boils my p blood seeing these idiots on line spitting and licking handle on trains on purpose. What is wrong with these scum.

Viewing 25 replies - 226 through 250 (of 413 total)
Reply To: Coronavirus

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

One thought on “Coronavirus”