BMW X1 ?

• This topic has 33 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Ennia.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #124429 Reply
    ennia

Does anyone have any advice/opinions about the BMW X1 xline?  Thanks E 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #124692 Reply
    Farid Miah

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. I am really surprised at the big difference in ride quality and the BMW been so harsh, is it the Msport you have? maybe the SE might be softer. I need to test drive the X1, the XC40 inscription pro, and hopefully once the merc GLA comes on.

My wife suffers from nerve pain, so really feels a lot of the imperfections. we need a soft a ride as possible. Only way to find one is to test as many as possible.

Thanks again.

Farid

#124710 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Morning Farid, there is a big difference in ride quality. If a comfortable, softer ride is your main requirement, then the Volvo will be more suitable. But as you quite rightly say, a test drive is the best thing to do.
    My X1 is only the SE with standard suspension. As you’ll be aware, BMW’s are set up for a sporty ride and as such all of the cars are pretty firm. It’s been liveable but I always find myself scanning the road for potholes and speed humps and do take them very slow.
    If I were to rate your choices based solely on the ride comfort, it would be (best to worst);

Volvo, Mercedes and then BMW.
    I’ve been in a few GLA‘s albeit not the new model of course, and whilst the ride isn’t quite as firm as the BMW it is still quite firm. Another point regarding the GLA is that, as of today, I’m not aware of plans for it to return so it would be a waiting game.

Whatever you decide, good luck. I hope that you find the right car for your wife.
    Pleas keep us posted on how you get on.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#124722 Reply
    Chris

Hi Wayne. If you are referring to the GLA maybe not coming back on.

Someone put a thread up few days back confirming the GLA is added in Q4. 180 in all trim’s

And GLA 200 In Sport.

I may have dreamt it. Bug im sure its on here haha

#124727 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

If you’re needing a car with a smooth ride then the Citroen C5 Aircross has the best ride of any vehicle on the scheme by miles.

#124748 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

Chris, spot on. I’d forgotten this. Thanks for pointing it out.
    I hope it is the case for those wanting to see it back.

We have one on the drive but I really struggle to get in and out of it due to the severe rake of the A Pillar and for me, the seats are really uncomfortable. I avoid it like the plague. 😂

Now if the GLB made it on here…….! 😁🤣

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#124756 Reply
    Chris

I took the CLA out a few weeks back and the rep had to help me out of it. Due to the pillar. I was almost climbing out of the back seat.

#124757 Reply
    Chris

Id order a GLB if it comes on too!

If theres nothing I really fancy in Q4, im quite happy to see what Q1 brings. Theres no rush with covid, we dont really go anywhere atm.

#124803 Reply
    Ennia

Hi, thanks to everyone who gave me advice and feedback about the X1. I’ve been and ordered it today😁, went to a different dealer and got a better deal, friendlier and less patronising service too. Soo excited as long as the price doesn’t half next week! Still got butterflies 6hours later.

Viewing 8 replies - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
Reply To: BMW X1 ?
Your information: