Ateca collected yesterday…. 1st impressions

• This topic has 45 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Mike11.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #142347 Reply
    John Morris

Hi all. So we finally collected our new Ateca FR sport 1.5tsi DSG yesterday and have to say the whole handover was excellent. We pulled into the dealer and was pointed where to park and then directed straight into the new vehicle where we waited for a few mins while they checked over our returned Ateca and I checked over the new one. They then called us on my mobile to do the AP and the pin over the phone and to explain anything we didn’t understand about the car. In and out in 15mins. Very happy indeed with snows SEAT Portsmouth. The car itself is amazing. Handing back a pre face lift 2020 manual FR and exchanging for a 2021 dsg FR Sport I didn’t expect that much difference but I was very very wrong. It just feels so classy inside. The electric heated leather drivers seat is one of the best I have driven in especially as it can be put in the perfect position and had a memory function. The updated 9.2in infotainment screen is excellent quality but a bit fiddly to begin with. The 10.25in digital cockpit can be personalised in a few different ways and looks brilliant especially at night. Plenty of room in the back for our 3 young children as well. The keyless entry is 100% reliable but the keyless locking is hit but mainly miss but the start/stop button looks very cool pulsating in red. But the best bit has to be the engine/dsg gearbox combination. It works so well and it’s very quiet. It seems to make a lot less noise than the manual even though they are exactly the same 1.5 engine. Obviously being brand new and under 100 miles I haven’t driven it hard but it seems so much quicker than the manual and the throttle definitely responds a lot faster. Overall very very happy with it and for £1099 AP (we got a £199 discount) I don’t think we could have got anything better. Pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested 😁

Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #142614 Reply
    MickC

Cummon @John Morris were’s pics

#142896 Reply
    Dante

How long did it take from ordering with dealership to delivery at dealership for the FR sport auto ???

#143002 Reply
    Markymate

Dante, on the Ateca Facebook page it looks to anything from 10 weeks to 4 months.  From my Tarraco order it’s been 13 weeks sine I ordered and the car has just arrived in the UK yesterday. So probably looking at 15 weeks in all. Which I don’t think is bad considering covid and part shortages.

#143020 Reply
    Chris (Chester)

Hi Markymate, i called them yesterday and the chap who replaced Azar is called Matthew but “he was on the phone and he will call you back in a bit”, I’m still waiting 🙂

I’ll call them again Monday. If you hear anything, please let us know!

#143043 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

Hi Markymate, i called them yesterday and the chap who replaced Azar is called Matthew but “he was on the phone and he will call you back in a bit”, I’m still waiting 🙂 I’ll call them again Monday. If you hear anything, please let us know!

Hi Chris, I finally got to talk to him on Thursday.  He seemed keen but stressed as he is on his own. Was getting worried as they are transferring my number plate, I’ve had to send my paperwork 3 times, Nathan, Azar and now Matthew, but he assured me its all under control now.    I’ve had updates from Seat customer services and after 16 days at Emden the car is now in the UK.  Do you know where your Ateca is?

#143080 Reply
    Chris (Chester)

thanks for this. No not a clue where my Ateca is, I spoke to Azar a couple of weeks ago and the car was on the way to the UK. So i’m taking hope that it may have been the same consignment as yours. Although the Ateca comes from the Skoda factory in Czechia not sure where the Tarraco is made.

I’ll give Matthew a call tomorrow to chase. Good luck with getting yours very soon!

#143089 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

Hi Chris, have you got your 8 digit order number. If so you can ring Seat customer services and they’ll give you an update. If you ring Crawley tomorrow and Matthew isn’t there, just ask whoever answers to give you an update.

The Tarraco is built at VW’s Wolfsburg factory, and the Ateca is built at Skoda’s plant in Kvasiny in the Czech Republic. Both vehicles pass through Emden port on the way to the UK.  Yours will probably go to Grimsby port. Mine landed at Sheerness.

Might be picking up at the same, soon I hope!!  Let me if you hear anything.

#143130 Reply
    Chris (Chester)

Hi Mark

that’s great, thanks for all the info. I’ll keep you posted.

Chris

#143362 Reply
    Chris (Chester)

I managed to speak to the elusive Matthew at Euro Seat in Crawley yesterday, he replaced Azar and smooth Nathan is on furlough that’s why we don’t see him here anymore.

Matthew did sound nice but has a lot on his plate, he said our Ateca is at the port and he has to register it for 31st March so we pencilled down 1st April for collection! He will let me know once it arrives at the dealership, I can’t wait…

I hope Marky gets his Tarraco soon as well!

#143372 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

I managed to speak to the elusive Matthew at Euro Seat in Crawley yesterday, he replaced Azar and smooth Nathan is on furlough that’s why we don’t see him here anymore. Matthew did sound nice but has a lot on his plate, he said our Ateca is at the port and he has to register it for 31st March so we pencilled down 1st April for collection! He will let me know once it arrives at the dealership, I can’t wait… I hope Marky gets his Tarraco soon as well!

That’s great news Chris.  Both our cars are at Sheerness then waiting for transport to the dealership.  I spoke with Matthew as well yesterday, to pay the £80 DVLA fee for my number plate to be transferred on to the new car. As you say, he’s certainly got a lot of plates spinning there on his own!!   But it does look like next week for pick up!!

Just wanted to say sorry to Alan for hijacking his post, but we will soon be joining him as Seat owners.  And, Alan, where’s the photos of the new car, be great to see your new car.

P.S.  Love ‘smooth Nathan’ by the way, Chris!!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Markymate.
    #143611 Reply
    Markymate

Car has arrived at the dealers, hope to pick up Tuesday or Wednesday.

How exciting, not long now till the Spanish hot one arrives!!!

#143612 Reply
    file28
    Participant

Good news

Hopefully you will have a good handover

Don’t forget pictures are mandatory

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#143624 Reply
    Chris (Chester)

Thanks Mark, I’m in the same situation going down to Crawley on Thu 1st. Don’t let me down Matthew at JCB Seat!!! 🙂

Ateca Dark Camouflage

#143633 Reply
    Markymate

I expect our cars were on the same transporter, Chris.  Yours looks a cracking motor, great choice.  Looks like we’re both going to have an exciting week coming up.  Matthew is going to confirm pick up on Monday, hoping for Tuesday, but Wednesday more likely.

File28, think it’ll be a quick handover due to Covid, and of course they’ll be pictures!!

#143640 Reply
    Chris (Chester)

thanks Mark, I love the Tarraco as well, I’m sure you’ll be chuffed with it!

Let us know how you get on!

Of course, I’ll upload pictures as well 🙂

#143662 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

Yes, I’m looking forward to getting it.  Hoping it’s going to be on a par with my Kodiaq, it’s certainly got a lot more equipment, so fingers crossed.

Have a safe journey down on Thursday, and a lovely drive on the way home!!

#143663 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Next Monday Tuesday Wednesday gorgeous sunny 70 degrees lovely weather for picking up new car

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#143670 Reply
    Markymate

I did cheekily ask if it could be Tuesday as it looks like being the warmest day. Nothing like a 150 mile drive on a lovely sunny day!!

#143953 Reply
    Chris (Chester)

good luck today Mark, picking up mine tomorrow!

#143954 Reply
    Mike11

A lovely sunny day forecast today

Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
Reply To: Ateca collected yesterday…. 1st impressions
Your information: