Ateca collected yesterday…. 1st impressions

• This topic has 45 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Mike11.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #142347 Reply
    John Morris

Hi all. So we finally collected our new Ateca FR sport 1.5tsi DSG yesterday and have to say the whole handover was excellent. We pulled into the dealer and was pointed where to park and then directed straight into the new vehicle where we waited for a few mins while they checked over our returned Ateca and I checked over the new one. They then called us on my mobile to do the AP and the pin over the phone and to explain anything we didn’t understand about the car. In and out in 15mins. Very happy indeed with snows SEAT Portsmouth. The car itself is amazing. Handing back a pre face lift 2020 manual FR and exchanging for a 2021 dsg FR Sport I didn’t expect that much difference but I was very very wrong. It just feels so classy inside. The electric heated leather drivers seat is one of the best I have driven in especially as it can be put in the perfect position and had a memory function. The updated 9.2in infotainment screen is excellent quality but a bit fiddly to begin with. The 10.25in digital cockpit can be personalised in a few different ways and looks brilliant especially at night. Plenty of room in the back for our 3 young children as well. The keyless entry is 100% reliable but the keyless locking is hit but mainly miss but the start/stop button looks very cool pulsating in red. But the best bit has to be the engine/dsg gearbox combination. It works so well and it’s very quiet. It seems to make a lot less noise than the manual even though they are exactly the same 1.5 engine. Obviously being brand new and under 100 miles I haven’t driven it hard but it seems so much quicker than the manual and the throttle definitely responds a lot faster. Overall very very happy with it and for £1099 AP (we got a £199 discount) I don’t think we could have got anything better. Pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested 😁

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #142348 Reply
    John Morris

Oh and now the negatives…. The exhausts are very fake. Look lovely from a distance but house a parking sensor each haha. And the wireless android auto only works with specific phones. Mainly Google pixels and Samsungs but not mine!

#142351 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

John, that sounds awesome! Congratulations 🥳. Enjoy your new car 😊.

Yes, pictures please!

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#142353 Reply
    file28
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Glad to hear you’re happy with your new Ateca.</p>
    The throttle response is good especially when in sports mode

Sounds like you had a bargain with the AP

Enjoy

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#142354 Reply
    ajn

Love positive joyful news, well done John, great right up, pics soon 👍

#142355 Reply
    ajn

write up*

#142360 Reply
    Chris (Chester)

thank you for the post, we are due to collect our Ateca Experience Lux in a couple of weeks and can’t wait! Although I had the Karoq until last year which is almost identical, i’m excited about the extra tech on the one we ordered and also with the colour (Dark Camouflage) which is a first for us!!! Will you also please let us know how long it was was until you got your Good Condition Bonue paid?

Thanks again and enjoy your lovely car! Chris

#142362 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

John please put pictures up what colour is it ?

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#142366 Reply
    joss

Hey John.

Nice little review you have written for us. I hope you enjoy your new car. Looking forward to Pictures and further updates as you add the miles.👍

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#142375 Reply
    Landyman

Nice review John. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

#142376 Reply
    Robert

Chris asked how long did you wait for GCB but I notice from your post you didn’t have the manual ateca very long so did you receive any GCB.

#142381 Reply
    MickC

Do you have a photo of the drivers seat electric “memory” button.

#142382 Reply
    MickC

Found this pic of the Xp’ drivers seat with the memory buttons does your FR Sport have these.  @John Morris

#142388 Reply
    Paul D

Thanks John , hopefully picking mine up this week .

#142397 Reply
    John Morris

Hi. Yes MickC it’s exactly the same on the FR Sport. I have taken some very nice photos but I can’t understand how to post them here lol. I click on the picture sign above and it asks for the file and the box is blank… Well I have no idea how to find it. Is there any simple way to upload pics? And Paul it’s certainly worth the wait pal. 😉

#142399 Reply
    John Morris

Chris (Chester). As soon as theGCB comes through I will update here…. Robert…. Yes we are due £100 GCB and most of the previous cars £500AP so getting £392 back from that as well….Menorca Mike… Its rhodium grey.  It almost has a dark blue sparkle in the sun but it’s dark grey basically.

#142401 Reply
    MickC

@John Morris If your pics are stored on say a PC  and you want to upload photo’s.

Click the box at the extreme right above  ^ the box with the landscape in it.

That brings another box up  Source is highlighted in blue,to the right of this box is a “camera” click that.

That will bring up where your photo’s are stored/saved find the one you want to upload and click “open”

The “source” box will then be filled with the image details,click “OK” and it will come into your reply field.

Just make sure it is a compatible type like Jpeg and not too large a file size or it will be rejected.

#142403 Reply
    John Morris

Ah thank you. I am doing this on my mobile but I will log in on a pc later. I didn’t even think of that.  Cheers

#142435 Reply
    joss

@John Morris https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/forums/topic/insert-an-image-tagging-and-registering-assistance/

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#142467 Reply
    Sir Limpalot

Chris (Chester)

are you aware that you can ask Motability to pay the good condition bonus early?  If money is an issue and you will struggle to get the funds together to pay the  new vehicles AP then Motability will, upon request, review your account and pay you the appropriate GCB payment before you return your current vehicle and have to pay the new AP.  The obvious condition to this is that you should be confident that your cars condition upon return will meet the criteria for the payment eligibility and if the vehicle is found to not be eligible due to poor condition then the GCB advance payment would need to be repaid.

Hope this helps

Limpalot

#142481 Reply
    Markymate

That’s a lot of car for the money, John. Had a good look at the Ateca FR Sport, really liked it, but unfortunately just a bit to small in the boot for my needs. So went for the Tarraco FR Sport, which is now in it’s 3rd week at the port in Emden, and just found out that the dealer, Azar Khan at Euro Seat has suddenly up and left with nobody as yet to take over.  Could be in for a long wait for mine!!.

Enjoy your lovely new car, and hopefully get to see some pictures soon.

#142482 Reply
    Dante

Great positive reviews and so glad it’s what you wanted & expected.
    It’s top of my list now for replacement but will need to test drive one

I’m looking at the fr sport trim auto – can you remind me how long from ordering with the dealer to delivery to the dealership ???

thanks & many happy / safe miles ahead

#142523 Reply
    Borris

I’ve got the Ateca FR sport 1.5dsg in dark camo green on order. Due 12th June.

#142537 Reply
    file28
    Participant

Nice to see we have a few Atecas on the forum and some on order

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#142546 Reply
    Chris (Chester)

thank you Sir L

I may give them a call.

#142556 Reply
    Markymate
    Participant

thank you Sir L I may give them a call.

Hi Chris, I got my GCB already, just called them and they sent a cheque the next day.

Have you heard from Euro Seat about Azar leaving. I’ve been trying to chase up to find out who’s taking over. Unfortunately Nathan is still on furlough.   Hopefully you Ateca is having more luck getting across the North sea than my Tarraco.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
Reply To: Ateca collected yesterday…. 1st impressions
Your information: