Another dash cam post

• Creator
    Topic
    FiestaRed
    Participant

I’ve just found out that there isn’t an audible speed camera warning on the Austral I’ve ordered, I wrongly thought all new cars had one. My current Toyota Touring Sport has one and I do find it useful.

Does anyone know of any dash cams that come with an audible warning of speed cameras please?

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

My parents had same in there Grandland so I got them a Snooper MySpeed XL DVR Gen3 1080p – Speed Awareness, Speed Camera Locator & Dash Camera. If you havce Costco membership or friend with Costco it is £135 from them. Other options are connecting phone and using waze or google maps as well.

Cars On Motability
        2009 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
        2012 Vauxhall Antara
        2013 Skoda Superb Estate
        2016 Seat Alhambra
        2020 Seat Tarraco
        2021 Ford Kuga
        2024 Nissan X-Trail

Ioniq
        Participant

Using Google maps to navigate warns you of speed cameras, even mobile ones in real time.

Mossfinn
          Participant

If you use Waze app on your CarPlay, it has a audio and visual speed cam warning and as an interactive app, it posts mobile speed cams, delays and accidents in real time updated by tens of thousands of users.
            I was driving through Regents Park once and an alert for mobile speed cam came up and 100 yards away and around a corner, a Policeman was standing with a radar gun.

FiestaRed
            Participant

Using Google maps to navigate warns you of speed cameras, even mobile ones in real time.

I’ve ordered the Renault Austral Iconic and the Facebook group says there are no audible warning in the car. The only speed camera warnings you get are small icons shown on the map.

Mother Nature don't draw straight lines, We're broken moulds in a grand design, We look a mess but we're doing fine, We're card carrying lifelong members of the Union Of Different Kinds..........

FiestaRed
              Participant

If you use Waze app on your CarPlay, it has a audio and visual speed cam warning and as an interactive app, it posts mobile speed cams, delays and accidents in real time updated by tens of thousands of users. I was driving through Regents Park once and an alert for mobile speed cam came up and 100 yards away and around a corner, a Policeman was standing with a radar gun.

Thanks for the help. Waze is something I’ve never used before but I’ll certainly give a try when the car arrives.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.