£50.00 from Motability

This topic contains 53 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  cheeseontoast 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #114002 Reply

John

Has anybody received their £50 from Motability yet, it is nearly the end of May, I have not received mine.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #114191 Reply

Jane

Still not got mine but my postman is like 2 weeks behind .as we only see him posting Wednesday’s and he is posting stuff i should have had 2 weeks ago.

#114234 Reply

Mike

Had mine today

#114235 Reply

NewYork1
    Participant

Got mine in the post today.

Current car VW Touran SEL

#114238 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

Got mine in the post today too.

#114239 Reply

Tommy
      <li style=”text-align: left;”>Got mine too so with the gcb and the insurance pay out my tiguan allspace match will now cost me £299, that’s if it ever turns up like
    #114240 Reply

crippleddad
    Participant

Haven’t had any mail in months.

#114267 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Nothing here yet and post-person just passed me by again so I sing again…

each day you pass me by with a tear in my eye, you never stopped to make me feel better, knowing I hadn’t got a letter, so mister postman, look and see, is there a letter in your bag for me, just a cheque or just a letter saying Motability are coming home to me.😁😁😁

#114268 Reply

TheSUVGuy

Mine came in as a cheque today

#114284 Reply

RICHARD WAITES

Mine arrived today

#114351 Reply

Adam
    Participant

my partner had hers today

#114647 Reply

Roger Powell

Still waiting for my cheque as is a mate!

#114654 Reply

Jane

Got ours today was posted 2 weeks ago but due to post delay it’s only just arrived.

#114661 Reply

Georgie

Nothing yet.

#114664 Reply

matt

same here I not got mine yet

#114704 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

Had my cheque for £50 on Thursday, Thanks – my worry is that my driving licence ran out in April, and I still haven’t had a replacement.

When I have managed to get through to someone in Swansea, I just get fobbed off with ‘should be covered ok by ‘Section 88 ‘, but it doesn’t give me a lot of confidence when the strongest I can get from them is ‘SHOULD’?

Had my first licence in 1963, and I feel naked without it!

#114705 Reply

rox
    Participant

Had my cheque for £50 on Thursday, Thanks – my worry is that my driving licence ran out in April, and I still haven’t had a replacement. When I have managed to get through to someone in Swansea, I just get fobbed off with ‘should be covered ok by ‘Section 88 ‘, but it doesn’t give me a lot of confidence when the strongest I can get from them is ‘SHOULD’? Had my first licence in 1963, and I feel naked without it!

Drivers with a pink plastic photocard driving licence that’s due to expire will be granted a seven-month extension, the Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency has confirmed today.

Those with photocards expiring between 1 February 2020 and 31 August 2020 will automatically have their licence renewals extended from the date of expiry and can now carry on driving safe in the knowledge they’re still legal.

The move comes as the government agency has been struggling to process requests during the pandemic, stating on its website: ‘It’s taking longer than usual to process driving licence applications because of coronavirus.’

The extension has been granted thanks to new EU regulation which means photocards that expire between 1 February and 31 August 2020 will be automatically extended for a further seven months from the date of expiry.

To ensure motorists don’t forget, they will be sent a reminder to renew before their seven month extension ends.

The extension only applies to photocard renewals after 10 years when a new photo of the driver is required

#114716 Reply

Mikey

So I assume the £50 payment covers the 3 month period of lockdown? The last time I had my own insurance I was paying about £800 a year and that was 1992. £200 a year with motability is an unbelievable bargain speaking personally.

#114719 Reply

Brydo

All this talk of plastic driving licences got me worrying as I have my original “paper license”.

I had a look on line and found this:-

“Paper driving licences should not be destroyed and will still be valid after 8 June. It’s never been mandatory for drivers to replace their traditional style paper driving licence with the photocard licence, and this will remain unchanged.”

Panic over.

Good to see you back Mike700.

#114753 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Hi Brydo

That is correct its not “mandatory” to change but they changed mine when I became disabled and the license was changed from “all cars” to “automatics only”. Not sure on this bit I think if you change address you have to change to plastic too but like I said, not sure on that.

It peeved me off a little bit because my old paper license was valid from a date in the 70’s and up unto October 2021 but now have to renew every 10 years (thankfully only once because of age) with a tiny photo that’s hard to distinguish who the photo belongs to and I had to pay for it and they like to talk about not discrimination against disabled folk.

At least next year when my license expires I don’t have to pay for it now but that’s not because I’m disabled, its because that’s the way it is for everyone.

#114759 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

Had my cheque for £50 on Thursday, Thanks – my worry is that my driving licence ran out in April, and I still haven’t had a replacement. When I have managed to get through to someone in Swansea, I just get fobbed off with ‘should be covered ok by ‘Section 88 ‘, but it doesn’t give me a lot of confidence when the strongest I can get from them is ‘SHOULD’? Had my first licence in 1963, and I feel naked without it!

Drivers with a pink plastic photocard driving licence that’s due to expire will be granted a seven-month extension, the Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency has confirmed today. Those with photocards expiring between 1 February 2020 and 31 August 2020 will automatically have their licence renewals extended from the date of expiry and can now carry on driving safe in the knowledge they’re still legal. The move comes as the government agency has been struggling to process requests during the pandemic, stating on its website: ‘It’s taking longer than usual to process driving licence applications because of coronavirus.’ The extension has been granted thanks to new EU regulation which means photocards that expire between 1 February and 31 August 2020 will be automatically extended for a further seven months from the date of expiry. To ensure motorists don’t forget, they will be sent a reminder to renew before their seven month extension ends. The extension only applies to photocard renewals after 10 years when a new photo of the driver is required

unfortunately, this doesn’t appear to cover Medical Renewal ‘entitlement to  drive ‘?

quote-

A car (Group 1) licence generally remains in force until the driver reaches 70, unless revoked or surrendered. At aged 70 the driver must renew their entitlement to drive every 3 years if they wish to continue to hold a valid licence. Bus and lorry (Group 2) licence holders aged 45 and over are required to renew their entitlement to drive every 5 years. Holders of short- term medical licences will also need to renew their entitlement to drive. The 7 month extension does not apply to renewal of entitlement to drive.

#114774 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Yes Mike there just making it hard for us then cynical me says corona is all about getting disabled folk off the roads and locked up out of sight in their homes?

Making it hard for disabled folk to get their driving license is just a start with local council as we remain at home are closing streets in the name of the virus to so say allow for social distancing but how do the disabled get to where they need to be, then there’s the Blue Badge parking and what I’ve seen is happening right now is BB parking is becoming non-existent in that normal abuse of the spaces I would say runs about 10% but at the moment its about 80% so 8 out of 10 cars in BB spaces are not displaying a BB.

Then there’s talk of disabled folk needing to pre-book train travel in future but yes it’s the cynic in me but we need to make sure we really aren’t locked up and put out of sight in the coming months/years.

Another thing with the government looking into legalising electric two wheeled scooters, why are young teenagers allowed, granted illegally at the moment, allowed to ride up and down the street at speeds in excess of 15 MPH when our electric scooters are governed to 4 or 8 MPH.

A bit of tongue in cheek stuff there but watch out for your disabled rights folks. 😁

#114797 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

Chris,

I’ve said this before, but it is still true, ‘You know your disabled when your opinion mean less than others & some people really do think of you as inferior, even though they know absolutely nothing about you or your disability, to them you’re just a nuisance?

Someone who is too bloody slow at the checkout, or who parks in a disabled space, which Is not fair to ‘earth mothers and fat boys, who should have an entitlement by law to park inside the Supermarket doors, and who feel that the disabled spaces should be around the back of the stores, out of sight so that the disabled don’t frighten the children

However, the disabled person may have a good standard of education, a good degree maybe, perhaps qualified in fields like the law or medicine, or perhaps used to drive a 747 , or anything else of note, perhaps they had to forgo a chosen career because of disability, they may have been disabled from serving their country, or they simply may be struggling along every single day as husbands, wives, parents etc., but to some, the disabled are mainly just a nuisance , holding them up at the checkout etc.?

How some people react to the disabled, and it applies to many disabilities is nothing short of a disgrace?

#114798 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

All this talk of plastic driving licences got me worrying as I have my original “paper license”. I had a look on line and found this:- “Paper driving licences should not be destroyed and will still be valid after 8 June. It’s never been mandatory for drivers to replace their traditional style paper driving licence with the photocard licence, and this will remain unchanged.” Panic over. Good to see you back Mike700.

cheers Brydo, locked up, locked down,, locked in, locked out and my iPad gave up

#114902 Reply

Georgie

The cheque arrived this morning.  🙂

#114964 Reply

joss
    Participant

My cheque has arrived this morning.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
Reply To: £50.00 from Motability

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: