XC40 T5 Recharge Scheduled Charging

• Creator
    Topic
  • #163355 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Scheduled charging is finally working in the Volvo Cars app. I can’t see how to override a schedule to charge now though.  Even though I’d want charging at night to take advantage of cheap electricity, if the battery needs recharging at home during the day to complete the days use, I don’t see how to do it.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #163358 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Update: I set the charging schedule for tonight and plugged the car in. It started charging instead of waiting for tonight. There must be more to this than I can fathom…

#163359 Reply
    ajn

See I like the idea of the workings of your car Wigwam, but tbh all the messing with charging, instillation seems to much hassle.

I’m still in the press, start and go running on fuel mode..

I do like the option of both but though..

Bet it’s saving you a few quid though, can’t help with your query though as I haven’t a clue 😊

#163364 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Update: I set the charging schedule for tonight and plugged the car in. It started charging instead of waiting for tonight. There must be more to this than I can fathom…

I have had a quick look at the XC40 PHEV forum others members are having some teething problems. I am assuming you are using the 3 pin supplied charger at present ?

I also assuming you are using the latest Volvo APP, on one of the XC40 PHEV forum post they did mention a Volvo updated for the vehicles charging system.

Our Outlander PHEV has a little button on the key fob which overrides the vehicle onboard charging schedule

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

#163365 Reply
    Windy
    Participant

To be honest mine which isn’t a Volvo let’s me schedule start but not finish.

when I got charger fitted guy said use car scheduling as preference but I am using charger scheduling otherwise it will always go over cheap period

makes no sense to me yet

#163367 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

All very confusing.. Yes Oscarmax, supplied 3 pin cable, latest app update. A little button would be useful…

#163369 Reply
    joss

One Button to rule them all, One Button to find them,
    One Button to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.  Lord of the cars…

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#163409 Reply
    Peter

@Wigwam

I can control when my car starts and finishes charging via the Pod Point App.  I don’t need to touch the DS app at all.  Obviously I don’t know who fitted your wall charger but all I had to do was update the charger app to the latest version.

Hope this helps!

#163410 Reply
    Peter

More detail:

I am on the Octopus Go tariff so have the Podpoint app set to charge daily between 12:30 and 04:30.  If the car is plugged in, it charges only during these times.  If I needed to charge outside of these hours then I just need to turn off the time schedule within this app.

I don’t need to do anything with the actual car app.

#163413 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I charge from a 3 pin plug, Peter. I’ll be using the Volvo app if it’s any good or a Tapo Smart plug if it’s not.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: XC40 T5 Recharge Scheduled Charging
Your information: