who’s attending doctor and hospital appointments?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #130825 Reply
    Brydo

Mrs brydo has a hospital appointment next week together with a dental appointment. She is reluctant to attend the dentist but is getting pain from a tooth so she will need to go. The hospital appointment she will cancel as our area is one of the worst in Scotland for covid.

Are you guys still attending appointments?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #130833 Reply
    joss

As far as Hospital appointments, of which there are many. I attend them all. Doncaster Royal Infirmary has put in place excellent safe guards. As such I feel confident in going to my appointments.

As Far as going to the dentist, I don’t really know. They usually contact me when my annualย  due, But I have not been texted or had a letter sent out. I guess I should really contact them.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#130834 Reply
    Georgie

Sympathies to Mrs. Brydo re. the dentist.

Other than when we have no option, I suppose we all do the same ‘cost-benefit assessment’: I’m still avoiding the dentist for now, but I’m due a F2F with both my Oncologist (annual ‘chat’ and discussion regarding meds.) and my Surgeon (annual post-op physical examination) in Feb/March.ย  The Oncologist appointment I could probably do over the ‘phone, but I’ll definitely attend the physical.

#130835 Reply
    Brydo

Georgie I would hope you will have had the vaccine by early next year so hopefully you will be able to make all your appointments soon ๐Ÿ‘

#130879 Reply
    Tharg

After Madam T’s recent emergency stuff, of which I’m sure you all know, the need for medical attention has been pretty important. Our GP has worked out the whole safety business very well and most of the appts have been on phone. She had to attend the surgery yesterday for an ECG and it was handled perfectly. I have a number of issues with sight (cataract) and mobility problems which should involve actually going to opticians etc. Decided to wait until have had vaccine and/or death-rate decreases. Risk just too high, especially for Madam.

#130908 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

I’ve given up on appointments!

My second more thorough kidney mass CT scan that was “important and would be be done asap” is now March 25th ๐Ÿ™

My friend is currently unable to walk and in so much pain she’s zombied out on painkillers and sleeping on the couch downstairs has been told there’s no chance of her hip replacement being done this year or early next.ย  Only option they said was to go private and pay about ยฃ30,000 which of course she has just lying about being an OAP ๐Ÿ™

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy ๐Ÿ™‚

#130909 Reply
    Brydo

Mrs brydo got a letter today with an appointment next August and……….its a video appointment. Do they not know we have vaccines available?

#132308 Reply
    Unclebob
    Participant

I had an appointment put back over a year and got a call out the blue last week, they offered me a Sunday appointment as they are catching up with the backlog .

Arrived at hospital and was given a mask on the way in, also had sanitiser squirted on my hands by someone at the door, walked into the waiting area and the place was empty …just me there !

If only it could be like that all the time ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

#132716 Reply
    Southamman

Iโ€™ve got both telephone consultations and actual hospital appointments, going all the way to 27th April 2021

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: who’s attending doctor and hospital appointments?
Your information: