whats the saying "it takes all night do what i used to do all night"

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar mitch 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #86095 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

dont worry its not what you think lol.

using a camping chair and 2 buckets etc it has just taken nearly 4 hours to hand wash and polish a 3dr mini!!!

started just after 7 and finished 10 minutes ago and i am in bits lol. anything below the door handles i have to sit on the chair to do. i did the inside last week and ive just the glass to do.

it looks a lot better than after the local hand washers have done it, but is it worth the pain lol.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #86097 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Well done, we have some water barrel to collect our rainwater, I mix 2 caps of Autoglym shampoo in a bucket of rainwater, and use a micro cloth glove from BM store, it does not smear or need rinsing off.

I wash off our Black Ford Kuga yesterday in the sun no smears or watermarks, I do have some waterless cleaner, but do not trust it to scratch the paintwork, but I use as a liquid spray on polish after washing the car comes up lovely and smooth. Don’t use on the windscreen.

I will never have a black car again, it hates tapwater

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#86098 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i know what you mean i used to have a black mgzt it hated tap water and i did the same used water butts.

ive used auto glym for years their shampoo and they have a polish you spray on whilst the cars still wet very good. ive just subscribed to autocar magazine and they have a free gift of autoglym polish sponge and microfibre so thats saved me a bit.

#86099 Reply
    SaintsMan

I’ve had to start taking mine to a local hand wash. The one I use does a great job, he does a proper two bucket wash with clean mitt for every car. It costs a bit more than the usual roadside hand washes but it’s worth it.

I had to give up washing mine as it was taking a full weekend to wash and polish and I couldn’t move for a couple of days.

#86100 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

I only occasionally wash the car as it’s so bloody big and just the washing even using the foam lance on the jetwash takes about 2 hours, it’s an Alhambra with a pan roof so no chance of leathering it off apart from the autoglym squeegee thingy which I use on the windows and I have to rely on the wax aspect of the foamer as I have no chance of polishing the big b******d.

#86101 Reply
    POPS

It’s the local hand wash for me, and they do a very good job. I haven’t been able to wash the car myself for years.

#86103 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i know what you mean vinalspin i had a citroen c4 grand picasso i needed a step ladder to get any where near the roof, i attempted it once after that it was the car wash. now the backs gone and the mini will be replaced in 12 months if not earlier by something easier to get in and out of that too will have to be done by someone else.

i noticed the other day a chap on the estate had one of these mobile valeters doing his car so i may make enquiries once the replacement has been found.

#86104 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

right hot bath and radox lol.

#86112 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

right hot bath and radox lol.

I read that as ”right hot bath and REDEX’!!!

I thought god, do they still do that stuff?

My late father swore by it and put in a couple of squirts every time he put petrol in the car. I never knew whether it actually did any good or not, but my father was convinced.

You just don’t see it on the petrol forecourts anymore.

I don’t recommend it in the bath mind!

Dave

#86119 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

i know what you mean i used to have a black mgzt it hated tap water and i did the same used water butts. ive used auto glym for years their shampoo and they have a polish you spray on whilst the cars still wet very good. ive just subscribed to autocar magazine and they have a free gift of autoglym polish sponge and microfibre so thats saved me a bit.

I will have to try that

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#86122 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Popped into my local(100 yards) mini dealer today to see what was available 3 years old and while I was there the rep showed me around the new Cooper SD Countryman, wow is all I can say, stunning little thing and such a cracking interior, he even let me take out the demonstrator for half an hour as he was using it as a company motor while his new one comes, my god it’s like a teleport machine, 40-70 seems to not use actual time, you decide to put your foot down and you’re instantly somewhere else. Seriously tempted and just use my smaller powerchair for 3 years.

#86131 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i am considering the countryman cooper or cooper s exclusive vinalspin as they are 0 ap on wpms or very near. although the mazda mx 3 did impress this afternoon when i went for a look loveley interiour. now going to have a look at the cost lol. then it all depends on the docs on wednesday.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: whats the saying "it takes all night do what i used to do all night"

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: