Whats the next big tech must have?

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

I remember a time when there was always some big tech must-have. My first must-have was a VHS video recorder that had a plug-in cable with a wire about 3m long where you could sit on the couch and control the recorder, absolute cutting edge lol.

Next was the mobile phone, the first one i had was like a brick it was mobile in name only but what a step up and the start of what we have now even though the comparison is like and day.

Then we had TV with HD, then smart tvs etc. When i think about our first tv 12-inch screen size no signal, constantly moving the indoor ariel just to get a grainy black and white picture.

So what now, is there anything out there, or coming soon that we must have, i can’t think of anything but I’m happy to be persuaded.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Fancy pojector TV or an LG rollable TV you can roll up and take with you!

Meanwhile vinyl has made a big comeback, luckily I hung on to my turntable and record collection.

Jojoe
        Participant

A wind up torch and radio according to Oliver Dowden in a recent government statement on prepping.

Brydo
          Participant

There’s nothing out there that i want and nothing i need. Have we invented every thing that needs inventing? Probably not but without new tech life can be a bit boring.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Brydo.

DumfriesDik
            Participant

It has to be AI everywhere and in everything.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

Brydo
              Participant

A robot DD now your talking. something to do the cooking and cleaning, maybe the shopping and the gardening, putting the washing on and hanging it out.…..mnnmm. The wife just shouted why do i need a robot when I’ve got you. (she didn’t really but why let the truth get in the way of a good post) lol

Phaedra
                Participant

No wife here, but I do have a cat!

Asked her to put the kettle on, she said Me? ow?

I’ll get my coat …………….

Speaking of my cat . . . . . . Just went into my bedroom and found this in the wardrobe!

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Brydo
                  Participant

@Phaedra i know what you’re trying to do, your trying to get me to suggest some in your endo that will get me banned from the Forum 😜

Phaedra
                    Participant

Never!

I’ve just gone in to get ready for bed and she’s still in there!.

No doubt she’ll be out shortly wanting to go out for her late night prowl! 🐈

She’s came such a long way since we adopted her 3-1/2 years ago.  Took weeks before she’d come out from hiding under a desk drawer and even longer to let anyone get near her.  Now if I have an afternoon nap she’s straight up and snuggles into me!, at bed time she jumps up on the bed and sleeps with me almost every night 😻😻

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.