What will you be watching over Christmas?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #132439 Reply
    Brydo

Christmas is a sad time for many, thoughts of loved ones who have passed come to mind more often than normal. The brain is a strange thing when it comes to sad memories making them more difficult to move on from, but it can be tricked into forgetting.

TV is a wonderful way to forget those sad thoughts so it would be great to hear your recommendations for this Christmas and new year.

Films, series, one offs it doesn’t matter, drama, musical, comedy it doesn’t matter all that maters is you can recommend it.

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #132588 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

I’ll be watching my waistline, bah humbug to mince pies.

Ah, the telly thing, possibly get through a few episodes of The Expanse, avoid live TV as I don’t want to watch the news or anything to do with it, I’m hibernating until January.

Possibly donning the Rift & heading off out for a wander in Elite:Dangerous, not Beagle Point this year though, too far away… took about 3 weeks to get back from there last year.

#132596 Reply
    Georgie

Might dust off the old Star Gate DVDs – it’s been a while.  Possibly the Lord of the Rings trilogy, too.

DH is getting 16 days off so he’s going to set his PC up in the dining-room for Game Playing – I thin he has his eye on ‘Crusader Kings III’.  Maybe play some ‘Don’t Starve Together’ with me, too.

After Christmas (when it doesn’t matter so much if I screw my back up) there is also the chance of board games – ‘Escape from Colditz’, ‘Pandemic’, ‘Call of Cuthulhu’ . . .

#132622 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Thank you ladies it felt a bit like the Mary Celeste for a while.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#132681 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Call the midwife Xmas day evening is my favourite

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#132692 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Is that because of the uniforms and stockings, Menorca Mike?

#132694 Reply
    bobscot

Binge watch Outlander season 5 . Gotta avoid all the xmas dross they roll out every year!

#132705 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Wigwam yes and the gorgeous Helen George 

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#133281 Reply
    Brydo

Just watched “die hard” epic.

#133390 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Because of the restrictions, the lady wife and I ( we would normally be with family in Copenhagen for a couple of days before,and back home Christmas evening, to spend time with family in Berkshire ) could not join our family locally, so we parked the car on our daughter’s driveway, facing a front window, where they sat looking out at us, and because the car has picnic tables, drinks holders and heating controls in the back, we had our Christmas Turkey and trimmings in the car, served by our daughter, and they had theirs sat by the window.

We had an iPad in the car, they had one on their table, and the family in Denmark had one on their Table, all tuned to Zoom, so we had Lunch together.

I recorded the whole thing on Zoom, and we all watched the proceedings ,in our own homes, last evening!

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#133391 Reply
    Brydo

Absolutely brilliant mike, technology can be a fantastic thing and I bet having the wife in the backseat of the car brought back some fantastic memories for you both lol.

#133392 Reply
    Martinod

Mick 700 that sounds great fun

#133393 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Absolutely brilliant mike, technology can be a fantastic thing and I bet having the wife in the backseat of the car brought back some fantastic memories for you both lol.

YEAH – It did get a bit steamed up?

It was a bit cool with the windows open, so we opened the sun roof just a little and that seemed to cure the steamy windows, and we had coats, scarves and a blanket – don’t tell anyone, but I reclined the rear seat pulled the blanket over me, and fell asleep for 10 minutes, whilst they were all talking and the grandkids were opening their pressies!

#133394 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Mick 700 that sounds great fun

yup, really good thanks !

#133493 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Great stuff mike

#133497 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

👍

#133503 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Omigods! Christmas two days gone and we still haven’t watched Muppet Christmas Carol! I feel the withdrawal symptoms coming on. Quick, nurse – bring the Valium and the remote…

#133614 Reply
    Martinod

Iv just watch on Netflix what about dick by Eric idle it was very funny

#133650 Reply
    file28
    Participant

Mainly streaming through a box(shhhhh)

"the world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams-its heaven and hell "(RJD)
    Seat Ateca FR Black Edition 2.0tsi 190 dsg 4drive Nevada White

#134750 Reply
    Georgie

Out of interest – Did anyone actually watch any of the things they planned to watch over Christmas?

I didn’t – DH decided to binge-watch every episode of ‘Auf Wiedersehen, Pet’ instead.

Thank goodness I discovered ‘Queen’s Gambit’!

#134764 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Nope. Muppets remained unwatched. Didn’t even look at any of the intriguing foreign dramas from All 4 and Beeb 4. Finished off the crappest year ever with simple, unchallenging stuff like Midsommer, Shakespeare and Hathaway etc. All repeats so we already had half a clue as to where the plots were going. TV for the unthinking. Sad

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: What will you be watching over Christmas?
Your information: