What if you live abroad?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar BigDave 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #85722 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

People I know are planning moving to Spain 🇪🇸, permanently, next year his wife is disabled and is a motability customer. He has no idea how this will affect the money they receive so I said I would ask the guys on the forum.

So any info would be appreciated.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #85761 Reply
    Magnum Mike
    Participant

Brydo this is of great interest to me we love the place in the sun tv programmes and visiting benidorm etc all I know is disabled parking is common and the hospitals service is good but can you get motability cars in Spain etc ?

I like Magnums....

#85768 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i know my army pension can still get paid wherever i live, into a uk bank i think but i am not sure about the war pension or pip. i will have a look and come back.

#85769 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

on the gov.uk benefits site search living abroad and it brings up various options i input moving to spain and the following was the result.

UK benefits if you’re going or living abroad
    You can carry on getting Attendance Allowance, Carer’s Allowance, PIP (daily living component) or Disability Living Allowance (care component).

The mobility portion of PIP and DLA are not exportable.

Tell the Exportability Team at the Pension, Disability and Carers Service that you’re moving abroad.

#85771 Reply
    Magnum Mike
    Participant

Can’t blame them this country went down the toilet years ago

I like Magnums....

#85779 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

How would she get assessed for PIP when living abroad?

I assume, if we leave the EU, they would need to take out medical insurance.

#85799 Reply
    Magnum Mike
    Participant

My favourite place to live would be Menorca it’s quiet and peaceful gorgeous beaches little traffic and just 2 hours away by plane ! A lovely property there would be around £160.000 no crime no stabbings no beggars etc

I like Magnums....

#85801 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Never been to Minorca Mike but it sounds pretty good.

#85997 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

on the gov.uk benefits site search living abroad and it brings up various options i input moving to spain and the following was the result. UK benefits if you’re going or living abroad You can carry on getting Attendance Allowance, Carer’s Allowance, PIP (daily living component) or Disability Living Allowance (care component). The mobility portion of PIP and DLA are not exportable. Tell the Exportability Team at the Pension, Disability and Carers Service that you’re moving abroad.

Mitch,

A War Pension carries on being paid as normal, as do almost all allowances incl WPMS if you live abroad (regardless of whether in or out of the EU).

The only one that maybe affected by living overseas is UnSupp (Unemployability Supplement) which maybe affected if you claim the local equivalent of ESA/Incapacity Benefit in a foreign country.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjZ87u05pbkAhWUonEKHXMWAucQFjAAegQIAxAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.publishing.service.gov.uk%2Fgovernment%2Fuploads%2Fsystem%2Fuploads%2Fattachment_data%2Ffile%2F796268%2FVeterans_UK_Leaflet_3.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2c6yyXNQBBJ_Su9LDmZ5pJ

Dave

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: What if you live abroad?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: