Well, just put my first order in….

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  BionicRusty (Wayne) 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #118972 Reply

Ade

Went down to the Peugeot garage and ordered a 2008 GT-Line 1.2 petrol auto, Elixir Red.

The sales guy very helpful, easy peasy, job done.

An estimated delivery time of early October, so not too bad. When I asked the Volvo garage about delivery times, they said late September, so only a couple of weeks between them.

Hopefully the car will be delivered before the 2nd lockdown…..lol.

Quite excited and need to have a lie down as mentally and physically exhausted…. A busy morning indeed!

I thought you could get 3 people on the insurance, yes you can but the 3rd person costs about £250 extra…lol. so, only 2 people on the insurance.

Quite relieved – order in….done and dusted.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #118975 Reply

Mike T

Hi Ade,

Nice choice, I did have the 2008 GT on my list but the ap was increased to £1,899 which I believe in Q2 was £1,599. Still a great car and the kit and dash layout was impressive.

Mike T

#118976 Reply

Robert

Don’t know if it has changed but I got a third person on insurance about 8 months ago .

#118977 Reply

Robert

Sorry forgot to add it was free.

#118978 Reply

martino

Ade thats good nice car , I’m thinking about 2008ev ,  before lock down i went to look at the 2008 ev they said we dont have the electric one in to let you try but you can order it im also thinking about MG EV

I want to move to EV try and save money on fuel

#118982 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

Ade thats good nice car , I’m thinking about 2008ev , before lock down i went to look at the 2008 ev they said we dont have the electric one in to let you try but you can order it im also thinking about MG EV I want to move to EV try and save money on fuel

I don’t know if it is of any use, but Days Peugeot in Swansea and Haverford West have the Peugeot e208 100kw Active 50kwh 5dr Auto at Nil AP (DLA/PIP/AFIP) – currently listed on Motability at £899 AP (DLA/PIP/AFIP).  Comes with a free wallbox as well apparently.

Vehicle must be purchased before July 31st 2020 and registered by 31st December 2020

Link: https://www.days.co.uk/news/peugeot-e208-nil-advance-payment?fbclid=IwAR0oUb-VD6HR3U5VokLvFl8efasO_evw65ne0v97-jakUmW6VIFuS-DW2n4

You could always try to get a local dealer to match it?

#118983 Reply

Gordon

@martino

if it’s any help, I had an EV for 3 years, I did around 28000 miles and it cost me about £250 over that period. It was and is still free to charge on public chargers in Scotland so my only costs were the occasional top up at home. It saved a fortune.

#119015 Reply

Ade

Cheers Guys! So glad thats it!

MikeT – the GT-line auto is £1199 maybe, the EV version has a high AP??

Robert – Cheers – I guess I would have to ask Motability about the third person. The salesman said you got always swap the extra driver about, at no cost..

Martino – Maybe try Peugeot again? I guess if you are charging the car at night at home – it would be cheaper than petrol or diesel. I had considered going the EV route, but there are not many public chargers in my area, and they are free now – but on 1st August you have to pay.

#119217 Reply

martino

Ade im in scotland i think the public charger are free i think you need to register you pay £20 per year for the car then its free that is how i understand it

#119221 Reply

martino

Gordon thats great , my children want me too change to EVto save the enviroment ,i wan to change to save money , costs me about £70/£80 ever week /2 weeks im doing about 19000 miles a year mostly local . So if i can ask what EV did you have and why did you change did you change to ice car

#119223 Reply

martino

BigDave its a bit far im just between Glasgow and Stirling

#119287 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Nice choice Ade. And awesome colour. 👏👏

Its amazing how much it knackers you out isn’t it?  Get a good rest and take it easy tomorrow. 🛌

I’ve been advised late Sept for mine so we’re gonna be about the same time!

It’s a race 🏎💨 🏎💨
    😂🤣

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#119292 Reply

Ade

Wayne, its hell – I want the ca tomorrow….lol. It will be a very pleasant race. But am like a kid at Xmas.

Where is Santa Peuguot…..lol.

#119306 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

I know what you mean, Ade. Even though my childhood days are a distant past, as a man-boy, I still have the ‘I can’t wait’ gene of a kid waiting for Christmas. 😂
    For me, it’s another reason to be thankful for Motability. For all their idiosyncrasies, all of us who utilise the scheme, are ‘able’ to travel as trouble free as is possible, with an excellent support system and have a small luxury, given our disabilities, of being able to choose and get excited over a vehicle that suits our needs and pockets.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Well, just put my first order in….

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: