VW Tiguan Sunroof Ambient Lighting

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Philjb 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #91805 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

For all you Tiguan SEL & R Line owners that that took delivery of your Tiguan after September 2018 will have known that the Ambient Roof Lighting was removed.

Well VW are now connecting the lighting up under whats known as a “Campaign 60D9”.

This is not for the newer versions as the new ones do not have the LED strips fitted, its only the early MY2019 models where they left the LED strips in at manufacturer stage but did not connect them.

The way to check to see if you have the LED strips fitted is to check the inside cover of your Tiguan Handbook and you will see a sticker with quite a few 3 digit/letter codes, if you have

“3FJ”   means “Big roof system (with lighting)” in other words the LED strips are fitted.

“3FU”  means “Big roof system” in other words no LED strips fitted.

If you have “3FJ” contact you dealership and they will carry out the work free of charge. It takes about 2 hours to complete.

I know a lot of people were unhappy to hear that out Tiguans would not get this at the time of waiting the delivery.

Mine has been in to the dealer today for the work to be carried out.

VW Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion
    in White Silver, '68plate

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #91834 Reply

Philjb

Yes we had ours done too, My daughter rang up and popped in to VW as my passenger side rear seat boot release lever stopped working? They said the cable needed tightening.
    looked up my Recal and did the sunroof led, the seat release, another infotainment update? I had one done in June, another levels check add blue top up.

Wash and wax all while she and I waited. I think it took about an hour and a half.

I did wonder why it wasn’t connected.

#91835 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

There were concerns in 2018 as a few North American Tiguans went up in smoke due to water ingress on sunroof hence they disconnected on the first MY2019 models.

#91840 Reply

Philjb

Yes I read that but we picked ours up in jan 2020 so I was expecting it to be working.
    It’s no big deal but even the dealer we collected it from said there are also led strips in the sunroof. He was right but he didn’t say that don’t work. ?

#91842 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Did you get yours from JCT600 Hull?

#91857 Reply

Philjb

No reading VW

But I definitely remember the motability guy showing us how to adjust the lighting and made a point of  saying the sunroof lit up looks fantastic at night.

We picked it up on a sunny morning.

I kept meaning to ask why I can’t see them? but then forgot all about it.

They also had to turn on the voice control as he tried to show me how it’s easy to use and guess what….

#91858 Reply

Philjb

The guy that replaced the strip in our roof said the fix in the USA was to use aluminium sheet between the strip and the roof lining?
    Talk about bodge.

#91862 Reply

Moreton5

I have a 19 plate tiguan SEL and have not noticed any led in the sunroof. Maybe because I am driving lol

Does anyone have a picture of them kn action

Thanks

#91865 Reply

Philjb

Moreton5

chexk your hand book inside cover for the codes above, some didn’t have them fitted as I thought, but it turns out we did.

3dj means you do have them.

3FU (very fitting from Vw) means go forth you don’t.

I don’t have pics of mine yet.

but do a google search plenty of pics.

#91867 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Sorry to correct you Philjb

Its 3FJ that is the code for having the LED’s fitted

And a few pics

With blind shut

Following with blind open

• This reply was modified 9 months, 4 weeks ago by  Newfie.

#91870 Reply

Philjb

Newfie I just went by the codes in your first posts I hadn’t looked. ?

#91871 Reply

Philjb

And types a d not f with my fat thumb. ?

#91872 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Lol. That is usually my problem.

#91873 Reply

Philjb

Clarify with slim thumb

3FJ yes

3FU no

#91874 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Have you had the update so you can remotely lock/unlock the car via the We Connect app or portal?

#91877 Reply

Philjb

Mine had it already?

Ours was a cancelled order ao came with quite a few extras I can also turn on auxiliary heater on with my phone.
    Also has heated front screen and steering wheel and headlight washers.
    pro head unit.

voice control

er think that’s it?

#91878 Reply

Philjb

Did you use Rico’s code and download  speed cameras and disabled parking bays

that’s very useful when in a new area.

#91879 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Some nice extras there.

I did download the cameras and disabled parking but these days I mainly use Waze for trips.

#91886 Reply

Philjb

I have used it, but I tend to use the Vw system I get in the habit of driving off then thinking where am a going? lol

#91887 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

The only thing that let’s the Tiguan nav down is the incorrect speed limits.

#91894 Reply

Philjb

Really?

i can’t say I’ve had a problem have you had any nav/ head unit  updates yet? mines had to upgrades to the latest firmware I think it’s called, I’m a wood worker not into IT but I’m sure that’s what they said it was.
    I use it most days and can’t say I’ve noticed it wrong or slow, it changes as soon as the speed sign changes or most of the time just before.
    have you been caught out with it then?

#91925 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Newfie, thank you for posting the pics. They look amazing. I wasn’t quite sure what they were so the pics are perfect.

Such a shame they’re not adding them any more. They look so cool.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#91929 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Where I live there are quite a few wrong speed limits. Mine read the road sign with no problem but its what’s built in is the pain.

#91931 Reply

Newfie
    Participant

Newfie, thank you for posting the pics. They look amazing. I wasn’t quite sure what they were so the pics are perfect. Such a shame they’re not adding them any more. They look so cool.

No problem.  After not having them for a year it’s quite to see them glowing.

#91933 Reply

Moreton5

Where is ricos code for speed cameras etc?

#91934 Reply

Moreton5

Just checked mine and it says 3FU

Sad times… even though it was built after Nov 2018…. bit weird

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
Reply To: VW Tiguan Sunroof Ambient Lighting

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: