VW ID.3 options on Motability

• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by kezo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    pbf
    Participant

Hi. I wonder if anyone can help with the following.

At present there are 8 variants of the VW ID.3 available on Motability.

Four of these consist of the “Match Pro” (58kWh) model, either with no additional options, or with what the Motability database calls the “Comfort”, “Exterior Plus” or “Comfort/Exterior+” option.

The other four consist of the “Match Pro S” (77Wh) model, either with no additional options, or with what the Motability database calls the “Interior Plus”, “Exterior Plus S” or “Interior+/Ext+ S” option.

Unfortunately, it’s unclear from the VW website what exactly the “Comfort”, “Exterior Plus”, “Interior Plus” and “Exterior Plus S” options refer to (i.e., what’s included in each). And so far I’ve been unable to find a dealer able to give me a definite answer! So, while I keep trying, I thought it worth asking: has anyone been able to find out what each of these options involves? I might add that, in some cases it’s possible to make a reasonable guess based on what’s on the VW website. But not in all cases. And anyway, surely VW must have a definite answer to what it is they’re offering! Maybe others have had more luck than me finding out!

Thanks for any assistance.

Phil

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      DumfriesDik
      Participant

Well that’s not good that it’s not clear. Like you, I would be best guessing.

If the car fits the bill for you, I can confirm it is a hoot to drive and sorry I can’t shed any light for you.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

kezo
        Participant

S = Sunroof?

Found this from 2020 but still makes no sense of what each pack includes

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/the-new-id3-6240/vehicle-interior-and-convenience-features-6244

Zero1
          Participant

@pbf

The issues you are encountering with the VW ID.3 seems to be part of an increasing trend where the model trim level / option specifications on the Motability website bear no correlation to what is actually on the vehicle manufacturers website.

As stated on the VW configurator;

Model shown is a previous version of the ID.3 Pro and Pro S variants, which is no longer available for order. New version of the ID.3 Pro and Pro S variants are now open for order. Delivery currently expected in Summer 2024. New version will include specification changes. Images may not match UK specification. Please consult your local Volkswagen retailer for more information.

Official electric range figures for the new version of the ID.3 Pro and Pro S variants open to order now, for delivery from summer 2024 not yet confirmed or available. Figures may differ from previous version shown which is no longer available for order. There are also changes to the engine power of the new Pro model, which may result in a higher insurance rating. Please consult your local Volkswagen retailer for more information.

The most significant changes are an improved larger 12.9″ central display screen, and on the Pro S (77kWh version) the option to add a Panoramic glass roof and it is now a 5 seat car (Previous Pro S version was only a 4 seat and could not be ordered with a Panoramic roof).

With regard to the options you mentioned (‘Comfort’ ‘Interior Plus’ ‘Exterior Plus’ ‘Interior + Exterior Plus’) these were all clearly listed on the previous version of VW ID.3 online configurator. As I mentioned above the issue is that VW have changed the specifications and the ‘Pack Options’, however the Motability website does not reflect these changes.

Your local VW dealer should be able to identify what is included in each pack by going on to their version of the VW vehicle factory order system as I understand the changes are detailed on there. The other option is to wait until Q3 in July and trust this has been resolved between Motability and VW. The downside of this is that some options have been removed and the AP may have increased.

@kezo

S = Pro S (77 kWh battery version)

pbf
            Participant

Thanks zero1. There’s a third option to add to your final paragraph: opt for a Cupra Born!

kezo
              Participant

@kezo S = Pro S (77 kWh battery version)

If you look on Motaclarity they give slightly more detail re the packs.

Interior Comfort Pack Plus Pro S Match 77kWh 204PS Auto £1,199 PIP / DLA / AFIP

Exterior Pack Plus with Panoramic Roof, Pro S Match 77kWh 204PS Auto, £1,399 PIP / DLA / AFIP

Interior Comfort Pack Plus, Exterior Pack Plus with Panoramic Roof, Pro S Match 77kWh 204PS Auto,
                £1,599 PIP / DLA / AFIP

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.