Volvo XC40 Semiconductor Shortage

• Creator
    Topic
  • #163472 Reply
    rfh103
    Participant

I am due to change my car at the end of the month and am looking at an XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro with all the toys. Has anybody ordered one recently and been affected by the global chip shortage? If so what options / equipment was unavailable?

Cheers 🙂

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #163476 Reply
    Wigwam

The Volvo configurator seems up to date. Some of the option packs have disappeared.  We got ours end July, but ordered in May just before the shortages hit Volvo. The only thing we added to the standard spec of the Inscription Pro was the folding rear headrests.

#163478 Reply
    rfh103
    Participant

Good to know, I was looking to add pretty much everything lol (even the polestar optimisation). I think the only option I left off was the glass roof for £1000.

#163481 Reply
    Wigwam

We were going to have the glass roof until we found it starts so far back only rear seat passengers would benefit.

#163505 Reply
    rfh103
    Participant

Yeah I have one on my current Sportage but as you say it really is only a benefit to those in the back.

#163517 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Yeah I have one on my current Sportage but as you say it really is only a benefit to those in the back.

Exactly the same with the VW Tiguan that we had. It was nice for those in the back (which happens about twice a year in our case!) but you were completely unaware of it in the front, other than the slight creak from it in very cold weather or the greenhouse effect in very hot weather (even with the blind closed)! As a result we didn’t opt for one on our new BMW X1 and neither of us has missed it one bit. Fine if it’s standard kit, but not worth it as a paid option IMHO, unless you permanently carry rear seat passengers.

#163924 Reply
    J ellmen

<p style=”text-align: left;”>No volvos showing on the motability website at all now.</p>

#163928 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

There are 12 variants of the XC40 on there just now.  Of course only the Recharge hybrids are worth considering.

#163936 Reply
    Jonathon

I ordered a Recharge Inscription Pro yesterday and was told that the delay may last until April ‘22

Further, the agent advised that several variants currently available, may be removed in Q4

#163950 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I’m going to guess it’ll be cheaper non-Recharge cars with a higher AP. I can’t imagine who would order them.

#163952 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I ordered a Recharge Inscription Pro yesterday and was told that the delay may last until April ‘22 Further, the agent advised that several variants currently available, may be removed in Q4

When are they predicting that you will receive your car Jonathon? I presume that you mean that there will be delays until next April, rather than your specific car will be delayed until then?

#164931 Reply
    rfh103
    Participant

So I ordered my new XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro from John Clark in Edinburgh on Tuesday.

I added the climate pack, drivers assistance pack, versitility pack, wireless charging, android auto, tints polestar optimisation, 360 cameras and dashcam.Given all that the dealer advised that largely due to the drivers assistance BLIS systems the delivery would likely be late Feb or March.

Ordered on my first day i was eligible as I was concerned cars are dropping off the scheme on a daily basis.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Volvo XC40 Semiconductor Shortage
Your information: