Volkswagen ID 3: vital EV revealed with up to 341-mile range

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar WardyGTC 6 days, 11 hours ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #87184 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

The electric Volkswagen ID 3, the brand’s most important model since the Golf, has been revealed at the Frankfurt motor show, offering up to 341 miles of range and priced from around £27,500.

Initially shown as a concept at the 2016 Paris motor show, the hatchback will be the first ID model to arrive on roads next summer, followed shortly after by the production version of the ID Crozz SUV.

Other members of the upcoming all-electric ID family already seen in concept form include the Buzz, Vizzion and Roomzz, all of which will contribute to the VW Group’s intention to sell three million EVs by 2025.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2020-volkswagen-id-3

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #87223 Reply
    Georgie

I’m waiting for the 2022 VW electric Sirocco.  (I’ve tried to send the appropriate URL to the ‘Driving Electric’ article but it gets blocked as possible SPAM).

I’ll be up for renewal in 2022, so ‘Fingers crossed’ it gets onto the Scheme, even if we are only allowed access to the lowest models.

G.

#87228 Reply
    Philjb

Hmm at last glimmer of hope we may eventually see more choice of ev’s on the scheme.

341 mile range is much better if true.

Ill save judgement for the reviews and a road test though.

#87230 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

We’ll be lucky to have had more than the basic id 3 on the scheme by then but you never know, pigs might fly.

#87232 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Lots more coming to the market but not, yet, to the scheme.

In the next few years we will be laughing about the EV’s with 125 miles range as we will be lookin at 300-400+ miles as standard.

We will also be looking at batteries that are capable of 1,000,000 miles of service and that are cheaper than ICE engine cars, more reliable, safer and cheaper to service.

#87361 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

#87362 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

If anyone fancies a more in depth review, here’s it is from my 2nd favourite car reviewer Thomas Majchrzak;

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Volkswagen ID 3: vital EV revealed with up to 341-mile range

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: