virgin and sky cut your bill if you have pip/dla

• Creator
    Topic
    martinod

i was told yesterday by some that has pip that sky and virgin  are half  your tv / broadband bill if you tell them you have pip/dla

their bill got half from £70 to £35, im going to try it

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Phaedra
      Participant

BT also announced a reduced tarrif for those on income related benefits.  It’s not just a simple 50% off it offers a somewhar reduced service for a lower price.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Lou

Wow that’s really good to know, Thankyou!

joss

New BT Home Essentials social tariff service just £15/m

BT has launched a new social tariff that looks like it is replacing the older BT Basics product. The new tariff is based around the VDSL2 or full fibre product that offers 38 Mbps download speeds (the VDSL2/FTTC version speeds will of course be constrained by the distance from the green cabinet with the electronics in it).

The new £15 tariff is targetted at those receiving Universal Credit and other people receiving the Guarantee Credit element of Pension Credit, Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, and Employment and Support Allowance. The estimates suggest some 4.6 million households will be eligible for the new service.

In addition to the 40/10 product at £15/m, there is an option to add more speed and upgrade to the 80/20 (67 Mbps average download speeds and maximum of 20 Mbps upload) with a monthly cost of £20/m. Both packages include 700 minutes of landline calls.

Joss
            Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Phaedra
            Participant

My friend was very interested in the Virgin offer as her initial 100mb package has just shot up from £28 to £44 a month.  Unfortunately she’s on ESA so Vrgin said no, Universal credit only 🙁

She’s pretty much stuck with Virgin fibre to premises as the street she lives in (Wrekenton, Gateshead) is terrible for REIN (Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise) so standard ADSL using the overhead copper telephone wires is almost unseable, she had 2 years of appaling service before a proper Openreach engineer came out and said that it’d been a massive problem in that area since the 60’s!!.  That’s why all her neighbours are also using Vigins fibre optic connection.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

martinod

is that not discriminatory, only able to get it on universal credit and not esa . thats the same as the extra £20 uc get

joss

Once again there is clear discrimination afoot.

Unfortunately she’s on ESA so Virgin said no, Universal credit only

Virgin media need to be challenged due to discriminating against legacy benefits claimants. See the other post on this form re legal challenge  against DWP.  https://forum.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/forums/topic/20-weekly-top-up-court-case-legacy-benefits-news/

Joss
                  Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

John.bradley

I’m on pension credit guarenteed &dla do I qualify for cut price

Larry Ward

I am Terminally ill with Emphysema and Heart disease. I get pension credit and pip. With the cost of living right now I can’t cope anymore. Iam a Virgin Customer and have been from the start of Virgin.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.