Vauxhall Vivaro

• Creator
    Topic
  • #136105 Reply
    sikez
    Participant

We are due to change our vehicle in May this year, I think with a letter due February? to advise on start looking,

We currently have a Zafira tourer, Which Vauxhall no longer make, We require a large car due to our son who’s 22 being a large lad in height, Likes his own space and from time to time we did until covid came part of our lifes have some of his friends go out with him for days out etc.

With this in mind we were looking at the Vauxhall Vivaro 8-seater well i think it is, But have noticed over the last two weeks the petrol and now diesel disappearing of the scheme, Wonder why?

We cannot afford the AP for say a transit and the such and the range does seem to be somewhat shrinking all be it understandably with the issue’s taking place.

Car won’t be extended with 34k on it, It would be nice to keep it due to it covering our needs.

Not a lover of Citroen/Peugeot so any suggestions would be of a great help from an excellent site.

Best Regards

Simon.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #136108 Reply
    JS

even with 34k mileage, motability should allow you to extend, if you ring them when the time comes and say at present there is nothing in your budget they will probably offer you a 2 year extended lease. you dont have to stick to the 2 years and can change at anytime within that 2 years.

#136136 Reply
    joss

@sikez Have you looked at the possibility of asking for a grant towards the AP?

• This reply was modified 2 days, 11 hours ago by joss. Reason: spelling

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#136186 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

You say you’re not keen on Citroen/Peugeot yet the new Vivaro is Vauxhall who is now owned by the PSA group and they make the Vivaro and fit it with their engines etc.

#136188 Reply
    sikez
    Participant

Regarding enquiring for a grant @joss i thought you could only get this with regard to hoist’s or adaptions and not apply simply because you cannot afford the ap? If you can do this definitely an area to look into.

With regard to the Peugeot/Citroen it was more in regard to models of the Zafira size, I understand engines and possibly the floor plan are as per other Peugeot/Citroen models it was more interior/dash layout we prefer on the Vauxhall side. Although nothings ruled out if it can accommodate our Son’s needs.

#136190 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

New Vivaro

#136191 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

New Traveller

#136192 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Same inside with different badges stuck on, basically same outside with a few unique design features to each brand.

#136210 Reply
    joss

Regarding enquiring for a grant @joss i thought you could only get this with regard to hoist’s or adaptions and not apply simply because you cannot afford the ap? If you can do this definitely an area to look into.

@sikes  The grants team will do all they can to help. You will of course have to justify why. The answer is to meet your sons needs by having a vehicle that can accommodate his physical size and need of his own space. Also to be able to accommodate having room for outings with his friends that will help meet his social and intellectual needs as well as his phycological needs.

So Give the grants team a call. You never know. Good luck

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#136345 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

Same inside with different badges stuck on, basically same outside with a few unique design features to each brand.

Like they do with the smaller Berlingo/Rifter/Combo Life

#136576 Reply
    CovCityMan

yes apply for the grant if you need something the size of the vivaro.

We were in the same situation as you, currently have a zafira tourer (original 3 year lease ran out last oct) we couldnt afford the AP on a large MPV. Applied to the grants team and was awarded a grant for £4249 for a Vivaro Life Elite 180bhp 8 speed auto.

#136577 Reply
    CovCityMan

P.S as others have said, the vivaro Life is just a rebadged Peugeot Traveller/Citroen Spacetourer/toyota Proace Verso just with a different front end, all built on the same production line in the same factories.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Vauxhall Vivaro
Your information: