Timmy Tiguan R-Line Came Early & Was Delivered!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  joss 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #110114 Reply

poetry6666
    Participant

Hi Folks

I ordered a Tiguan R-Line in the 3rd week of December and was told delivery would be around 30th May! That was okay with me. I got a call last Tuesday to say the car had arrived at the dealership! What, I couldn’t believe it. Anyway not knowing how bad things were going to get with Covid-19, I arranged to pick it up today at 12pm. Upon Boris Johnson’s speech last night about the almost total lockdown and only leaving the house when it’s absolutely necessary, I didn’t think I would get the car today and it would be postponed to a later date. Anyway, I got a call from the dealership this morning and he offered to bring the car to me, no mention of having to go and collect it. So, around an hour later, Timmy Tiguan arrived! The first thing I did was fill the tank up, it had almost half a tank of diesel but I like to keep a tank filled as much as I can. I went for a short drive to get the feel of it and I love it. I went for Indium Grey with normal seats but added options: Dynamic Chassis Control, Headlight Washers & Emergency Assist. The chassis control is excellent in comfort mode, it gives a very good ride and doesn’t crash over potholes and does not lean much in the corners like some reviewers say it does. The progressive steering will take some getting used to though. The seats are very comfortable indeed and the auto hold park brake is cool as well. I tried the flappy paddles on the steering wheel and they work a treat. The active dash displays a lot of information with its different settings and the 2.0lt diesel 150bhp seems quick enough but its early days and it said it was doing 35mpg! Hopefully, that will improve over time.

Poetry6666

VW Tiguan 2.0LT 150 BHP Diesel DSG in Indium Grey. Options: Dynamic Chassis Control-Emergency Assist-Headlight Washes.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #110129 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

Good news 6666 and even better news that my local supermarkets are selling diesel for £1.08p per ltr, shame we can’t go anywhere. 😒

About the car delivery, how did they get around the PIN entry.

#110143 Reply

joss
    Participant

Great news there 6666. I hope you enjoy your new car.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Timmy Tiguan R-Line Came Early & Was Delivered!

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: