The new Tiguan is on the scheme

• Creator
    Topic
    cw
    Participant

The new Tiguan is on the scheme.

£3,000 for standard trim.

£5,000 for the R Line trim

• This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by cw.
    Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Brydo
      Participant

cw the APs are pretty high but it at least gives more options.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
        Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Glos Guy
        Participant

It’s definitely a very welcome addition to the scheme, as the previous Tiguan was a popular choice amongst Motability customers. AP’s are indeed high but, sadly, that seems to be the norm now.

On the plus side, for those looking for a PHEV, the electric only range is considerably better than its peers. On the minus side, standard spec doesn’t compare as well with the top end models. Unusually (for a new model) standard equipment is even less than the outgoing model.

The outgoing Elegance model had a panoramic sunroof and adaptive matrix headlights as standard. To add those to the new model will set you back over £1,600 (and £1,000 more again on the R-Line). VW are continuing to only offer cloth seats even on the top 2 models. If you want leather trim or powered front seats you need to fork out over £2,000 for a pack with both. The same applies to a premium sound system, which isn’t standard on any model and costs over £1,400. The hands-free tailgate remains on the Elegance but will set you back over £900 on the R-Line. One feature that I’m keen to have on my next car is Blind Spot Assist. I cannot see this listed as either standard kit or as an option. Has anyone investigating the new Tiguan found this listed anywhere? Finally, whilst 4WD isn’t essential for us, we prefer it and both PHEV versions are 2WD only.

I intend to have a look at the new Tiguan, but with APs being so high these days I was rather hoping not to have to add thousands of pounds worth of options this time!

belfast4
          Participant

I don’t think the new model Mk3 Tiguan is selling as well as VW hoped it would, the change to a steering wheel column gear selector is putting people off, plus the price for extra stuff is very expensive. Maybe this is why it has been put on to the scheme so quickly after its release.

cw
            Participant

But the Mk2 facelift was instantly on the scheme. I had one of the first ones to be registered

Brydo
              Participant

After reading GlosGuys post i will be removing it from my list. The additional costs for bits and bobs we would want take the cost over what i would be willing to pay.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
                Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

belfast4
                Participant

But the Mk2 facelift was instantly on the scheme. I had one of the first ones to be registered

that car was a facelift this is a new model.

Glos Guy
                  Participant

After reading GlosGuys post i will be removing it from my list. The additional costs for bits and bobs we would want take the cost over what i would be willing to pay.

As I have time to kill waiting for my 24 hour test drive of the Tucson PHEV, I’m doing a paper exercise comparing the Elegance and R-Line Tiguan’s with the comparable Ultimate and N-Line S Tucsons. This will cover specification, dimensions, performance etc. I’ll post it when I’ve finished it.

I would normally place VWs a class above Hyundai, but reviews tend to suggest that VW have gone backwards (quality wise) with the new Tiguan whilst Hyundai’s have improved, so I am guessing that they are now pretty comparable. I can’t get terribly excited about either of them and would stress that I haven’t driven either of them, but I note that Auto Express have again awarded the Tucson ‘Car of the Year’ in the mid-size SUV category, saying that the recent facelift has kept it in pole position for the 3rd or 4th year in a row.

I quite like Fords but, for some reason, I haven’t looked seriously at the facelifted Kuga. I might have to look at that if the Tucson and Tiguan both fall by the wayside! The Mazda CX-60 had an interior quality that was much closer to the premium brands than any of the above, but £8k AP without any option packs added makes it very expensive. Decisions, decisions!

Rene
                    Participant

One feature that I’m keen to have on my next car is Blind Spot Assist. I cannot see this listed as either standard kit or as an option. Has anyone investigating the new Tiguan found this listed anywhere?

Both have it as standard.

Check under Driver Assistance, it’s called Lane change system Side Assist with Rear Traffic Alert.

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/lane-change-system-side-assist-3678

Prior: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
                      Current: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

Glos Guy
                      Participant

One feature that I’m keen to have on my next car is Blind Spot Assist. I cannot see this listed as either standard kit or as an option. Has anyone investigating the new Tiguan found this listed anywhere?

Both have it as standard. Check under Driver Assistance, it’s called Lane change system Side Assist with Rear Traffic Alert. https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/lane-change-system-side-assist-3678

Thank you. That’s very helpful.

Rene
                        Participant

No worries.

Not that interested in any of the current SUV offerings by MB (other than maybe the Enyaq, though i don’t like the seats), sadly.

Fingers crossed the newly revealed Capri makes it the the scheme – despite being slightly miffed that it really isn’t anything remotely “Capri” (the same as a Mustang E), it’s a good looking car (despite looking very Polestar-y, not necessarily a bad thing). Slightly on the expensive side at an assumed £47k, but there’s more expensive cars available on the scheme (Enyaq, for one).

Fingers crossed.

Oscarmax
                          Participant

The new Tiguan has a usable 19.1 kWh, I have read the battery is about 24/25 kWh, the Toyota RAV4 PHEV/Suzuki Across both have 18.1 kWh approximately 14.4 kWh usable, the RAV4/Across claims 46 battery range however the majority of us including the press achieve 50 plus, Volkswagen 66/72 miles seems quite achievable considering the battery size.

kezo
                            Participant

Both have it as standard. Check under Driver Assistance, it’s called Lane change system Side Assist with Rear Traffic Alert. https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/lane-change-system-side-assist-3678

The “optional” lane change system Side Assist can warn you about dangerous lane changes. ?

Rene
                              Participant

The “optional” lane change system Side Assist can warn you about dangerous lane changes. ?

Which part is confusing to you?

kezo
                                Participant

“optional”

The optional lane change system Side Assist can warn you about dangerous lane changes.

Elliot
                                  Participant

I’ve never liked the Tiguan but this one is quite nice.

The issue for me is once the electricity is gone you’re left with the under powered 1.5l pulling a heavy car along.

kezo
                                    Participant

I’ve never liked the Tiguan but this one is quite nice. The issue for me is once the electricity is gone you’re left with the under powered 1.5l pulling a heavy car along.

It won’t fully deplete – when the battery can no longer power the car in electric, it switch switch to a full hybrid.

On my 2024 Tucson this happens when the traction battery gets to around 12%.

Elliot
                                      Participant

I’ve never liked the Tiguan but this one is quite nice. The issue for me is once the electricity is gone you’re left with the under powered 1.5l pulling a heavy car along.

It won’t fully deplete – when the battery can no longer power the car in electric, it switch switch to a full hybrid. On my 2024 Tucson this happens when the traction battery gets to around 12%.

What MPG do you get then?

kezo
                                        Participant

It won’t fully deplete – when the battery can no longer power the car in electric, it switch switch to a full hybrid. On my 2024 Tucson this happens when the traction battery gets to around 12%.

Last 400 mile round trip to my parents and back (England) not long after having it 50.4 which I’m happy with given my driving and compared to my previous ICE Tucson. I will try a different mode next time, as some are getting 55-60, not as I’m after chasing mpg on a run or have I bothered with the regen settings yet.

Rene
                                          Participant

“optional” The optional lane change system Side Assist can warn you about dangerous lane changes.

Yes, it’s optional in some of the what, 17 models listed on the page. Like the Polo Life. In case you haven’t noticed, the page i linked is supposed to describe what that Side Assist actually is. It has nothing to do with the Tiguan directly.

It’s, as i said, standard in both R-Line and Elegance Tiguan – in fact, in all Tiguans. It’s not standard in the Polo, it’s standard in some Golfs, etc.

kezo
                                            Participant

“optional” The optional lane change system Side Assist can warn you about dangerous lane changes.

Yes, it’s optional in some of the what, 17 models listed on the page. Like the Polo Life. In case you haven’t noticed, the page i linked is supposed to describe what that Side Assist actually is. It has nothing to do with the Tiguan directly. It’s, as i said, standard in both R-Line and Elegance Tiguan – in fact, in all Tiguans. It’s not standard in the Polo, it’s standard in some Golfs, etc.

👍

Did you bother getting a charger for your’s. Undecided whether to fit one or not. I did think of installing a commando soctet.

Elliot
                                              Participant

Last 400 mile round trip to my parents and back (England) not long after having it 50.4 which I’m happy with given my driving and compared to my previous ICE Tucson. I will try a different mode next time, as some are getting 55-60, not as I’m after chasing mpg on a run or have I bothered with the regen settings yet.

That’s not bad for a large car. I’m not getting that out of my 3 series.

Rene
                                                Participant

Did you bother getting a charger for your’s. Undecided whether to fit one or not. I did think of installing a commando soctet.

Oh yeah, we had it almost half a year prior to receiving the Golf (remember, 16 months waiting back then) lol.

I can’t speak for current prices, back then we paid £650 for charger incl installation (for others, MB doesn’t cover charger cost for PHEVs) for an Easee One, happy as can be. I wouldn’t argue that you need one, but all the app stuff and remote-scheduled charging through Octopus Intelligent makes charging super easy. It is convenient, and of course, in case we go full EV further down the line, “future proof”.

I’d argue that it depends most on A: would it need to eat toast with water-soup for weeks to afford the charger? And B: do you actually have the place to conveniently place it.

I don’t have any experience with, or even knowledge of, a commando socket – so i can’t speak to that, whether that’s better or not. That’d be up to you. I personally can only speak to the charger we have, and it’s just more convenient than a granny cable. It has its place, the cable is always right next to the car like at a petrol pump, etc. I personally would get one again, but in the end that’s a decision you gotta make yourself, taking current realities into account (prices etc, no idea if they went up or down).

Rene
                                                  Participant

That’s not bad for a large car. I’m not getting that out of my 3 series.

For another reference, a drive to Swindon and back (200 miles) on an empty battery returned 75mpg, with essentially the Tiguan drivetrain (just older variant of it – smaller battery, and the predecessor of the 1.5 TSI, a 1.4). At slightly above 70mph plus a bit of city driving in Swindon and home town/journey to and from the motorway. While always having the full 250hp on tap if required (as was mentioned).

If i were you, i don’t know if you have a good VW dealership, ask for an extended test drive. Say, two-three hours (we had a 6 hour test drive with the GTE, just had to put a 5er of petrol in after). That’s enough to deplete the battery – just drive in E-mode until the battery is depleted (foot to the floor all the time drains it pretty quick, or motorway at 70mph electric only). Then see what it returns/how it feels on the petrol only.

My guess is, it’d be adequate. Quite obviously not a rocket ship, but 150hp and 250nm isn’t gonna be worse than the lower powered petrol Tiguan despite the weight increase. It’ll not be a road block, especially considering that the battery is still gonna “boost” under “heavy acceleration”. It just can’t hold speed on pure electric, you basically “sail” on the petrol engine. If that makes sense? It’s more intuitive actually using the system, not quite sure if i can convey how that works together.

Glos Guy
                                                    Participant

I tried two different VW dealers yesterday to see what new Tiguans they had in stock, so that I could take a look and possibly arrange a test drive. Heritage Gloucester said that they have an ICE R-Line in the showroom (unfortunately in red) but no dates on when they will have any others or any demonstrators. Inchcape Cheltenham had no Tiguans in the showroom at all (which seems daft) and only a Life model in their fleet. The sales guy said that it would be unlikely that they would register any more until the plate change in September. It seems as though Volkswagen, or at least the dealers in Gloucestershire, aren’t bothered about selling any new Tiguans any time soon! Apparently, the PHEV versions have only just opened for ordering and he anticipates a 4 month lead time, although those of us who have been subjected to VW lead time issues previously will know that’s probably on the optimistic side!

• This reply was modified 6 days, 1 hour ago by Glos Guy.
                                                      kezo
                                                      Participant

I tried two different VW dealers yesterday to see what new Tiguans they had in stock, so that I could take a look and possibly arrange a test drive. Heritage Gloucester said that they have an ICE R-Line in the showroom (unfortunately in red) but no dates on when they will have any others or any demonstrators. Inchcape Cheltenham had no Tiguans in the showroom at all (which seems daft) and only a Life model in their fleet. The sales guy said that it would be unlikely that they would register any more until the plate change in September. It seems as though Volkswagen, or at least the dealers in Gloucestershire, aren’t bothered about selling any new Tiguans any time soon! Apparently, the PHEV versions have only just opened for ordering and he anticipates a 4 month lead time, although those of us who have been subjected to VW lead time issues previously will know that’s probably on the optimistic side!

The PHEV versions or at leset the FWD version orders, should have opened in spring, according press release beginning of the year.

Oh yeah, we had it almost half a year prior to receiving the Golf (remember, 16 months waiting back then) lol. I can’t speak for current prices, back then we paid £650 for charger incl installation (for others, MB doesn’t cover charger cost for PHEVs) for an Easee One, happy as can be. I wouldn’t argue that you need one, but all the app stuff and remote-scheduled charging through Octopus Intelligent makes charging super easy. It is convenient, and of course, in case we go full EV further down the line, “future proof”. I’d argue that it depends most on A: would it need to eat toast with water-soup for weeks to afford the charger? And B: do you actually have the place to conveniently place it. I don’t have any experience with, or even knowledge of, a commando socket – so i can’t speak to that, whether that’s better or not. That’d be up to you. I personally can only speak to the charger we have, and it’s just more convenient than a granny cable. It has its place, the cable is always right next to the car like at a petrol pump, etc. I personally would get one again, but in the end that’s a decision you gotta make yourself, taking current realities into account (prices etc, no idea if they went up or down).

Indeed I remember your wait and early ordering arrangement with MO.

I have an handful of asjustable 11-22kW chargers in lockup but, none that will allow 7kW other than a Lynchr H series (Hydra Cubis), I have promised to install for a close friend, when I get 5 and the weather improves (god I’m getting old!)

None of them run on Kraken, unless I can upload it to the OCCP. Asides from my smart meter being dumb (prefered), I would realistically be on a standard tariff untill the end of 2025 according to Octopus. I could go on my current supplers (EDF) overnigt tariff but, the day rate increases and as of the other topic I’m against running white goods whils’t asleep. If anything I’ll probably install a commando socket at a closer location to my car.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.