The Andrew Neil Interviews

This topic contains 31 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Wigwam 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #97522 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

I’ve been holding back from commenting on the progress of the general election campaigning because of the shitposting that seems to result.

However, having sat through the program tonight, I can only conclude that Nicola Sturgeon is as mad as a box of frogs.

Looking forward to Jeremy Corbyn tomorrow.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #97526 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Jo Swinson looked gorgeous and Andrew marr yesterday

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#97559 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Top interviewer.

#97562 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Others will of course disagree, but it seems to me Sturgeon lives in an alternative fantasy world which Neil skilfully demonstrated.

#97563 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Agreed. I shall watch tonight’s interview with Corbyn with interest. Andrew Marr and all the others are very poor. I feel all to play for despite the polls. Some concern about university students registering twice to vote.

#97566 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Students can register twice if living away from home, it’s only illegal if they vote twice.

#97570 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Perhaps we can open a new thread on the 12th Dec with our predictions?

#97576 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Conservatives will win with a working majority. Perhaps a thread on what happens next?

#97602 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Andrew Neil 5- 0 Jeremy Corbyn

#97603 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Pretty grim for Corbyn. Tetchy. Repetitive. Evasive. Unconvincing.  Neil went for it.

Let’s see if he does same with Johnson

#97613 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Its being described as the worst ever interview by a labour leader.

#97655 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

So, he follows it up today with a complete and utter bunch of deceitful lies about the NHS.

A set of minutes of initial Trade Talks meetings where the US has said it wants access to parts of the NHS, but , and this is  supported by the BBC , in the 451 pages there is mention of the NHS just four times, and NOWHERE in this document does it show any agreement from the U.K. government to giving access , also Laura Kuenssberg has publicly pointed out that the  documents are relating to two different matters – duplicity, lies and deceit show how desperately afraid Corbyn’ Militant Tendency ‘ election campaign team are becoming .

Vulnerable people are being exploited by this gang of charlatans – shameful!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  Mike 700.
    #97661 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

Sorry Mike but they’re all a bunch of charlatans, Torries only care about the rich and making money, s*d the poor, sick, disabled and old! Labour only care about how much the unions can control, but do care more for the disadvantaged in society! LibDems I’m not sure where they are, would have backed Jo if she hadn’t come out with the silly idea of cancelling brexit, would have liked it worded as a second referendum to let the public decide, as if they didn’t want a second ref, they would not vote for her! As for Farage, enough said!

Afraid I’m thinking Mr Fishfinger Man is started to appeal!!!

#97663 Reply

Winston

I don’t really get involved in the whole politics debate, doesn’t mean i don’t have opinions, views and a sound strategy for putting World right lol

but one thing that I’ve noticed and really turns me off is the actual Interviewers lack of interviewing skill

now I know Politicians these days seem incapable of commuting to a straight Yes or No but lots of important decisions that will need to be made down the line cant always be answered by a straight Yes or No , they depend on other factors and hypothetical situations arising

im not defending the leading Politicians here, I find it hard to buy into or like any of them tbh

but back to my point about the big interviewers on BBC, ITV and Sky they are mostly garbage! They seem to want to be controversial and inflammatory rather than being tactful and smart actually asking questions and getting answers to subjects we would be interested hearing about

I guess that’s maybe the way things are nowadays, you see with football too on Sky/BT , the way the pundits talk or the questions they ask , they it’s mostly inflammatory or confrontational rather than anything positive

big shift in social standards and respect over the past generation and I blame social media and reality tv

#97668 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

The public, majority of whom are wise, are not taken in by all this jiggery pokery and games.

#97669 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

I wish you were right, fwippers, but evidence shows that political claims, even when proven untrue, reinforce the prejudices of the voters.  Labour’s nonesense about the Conservatives wanting to sell the NHS to the yanks plays well to the party’s devotees.  When confronted with the the reality, they will say they don’t care.

#97673 Reply

Winston

Time for a new party

“Common Sense Party”

#97685 Reply

POPS

Time for a new party “Common Sense Party”

Add a party ethos pledge that states “We promise to answer each and every question we’re asked openly and honestly, even if the answer doesn’t make us look good,” and I’d vote for your new party Winston.

#97707 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

B

Sorry Mike but they’re all a bunch of charlatans, Torries only care about the rich and making money, s*d the poor, sick, disabled and old! Labour only care about how much the unions can control, but do care more for the disadvantaged in society! LibDems I’m not sure where they are, would have backed Jo if she hadn’t come out with the silly idea of cancelling brexit, would have liked it worded as a second referendum to let the public decide, as if they didn’t want a second ref, they would not vote for her! As for Farage, enough said! Afraid I’m thinking Mr Fishfinger Man is started to appeal!!!

I wasn’t going to comment any further before the election, but denouncing Corbyn is a must!

I will agree that politicians are mostly a bunch of charlatans , however I do know LibDem PolitIcians , in fact, one of my mates was married to a LibDem MP., and I also know a couple of Tory MP’s, and not one of these is anywhere near the stereotype of Woolly hat and woolly thinking Liberals, nor evil child eating , poor and disabled people shafting public school Tories, in fact they are just ordinary people trying to help their communities.

So , the Charlatans give these decent, hard working politicians , a bad name, and yesterday and today will go down in history as a new low in lies and deceit by the charlatans of the Labour Party- firstly the lies over funding and taxation exposed rather well by Andrew Neil, and empty promises and deceit to the pensioners and others – there is no magic money tree, and the utter lies about the top 5% funding the Marxist extravaganza , simply cannot be done , it is cloud cuckoo land , and people do not deserve to be fed this garbage.

Then we have Corbyn, today telling a whole bunch of lies over the NHS, shameful- every body and his Uncle is condemning him and the idiot Barry Gardiner for the cruel fantasy they were peddling , in order to frighten people into voting for them – as I have already said ‘shameful’.

This is not the Labour Party of my parents and grandparents, nor of most of my family, this is a party , sadly , lost to the Marxist cabal of the Militant Tendency, and people who normally vote labour should think long and hard about the consequences of voting for Corbyn’s version.

If they manage to get power , this poor disabled pensioner and long suffering wife will leave and live with family in Copenhagen, along with very many of  the higher rate tax payers who currently pay 12% of the UK’s income tax revenue, but who will up sticks and emigrate, taking their billions with them as well as their businesses and their corporation taxes with them, leaving Corbyn floundering in his Marxist cloud cuckoo land!

Rant over ( and out )

#97721 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Mike who are you voting for ?

#97722 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

Mike who are you voting for ?

Never, ever Labour, I shall look at an Independent Candidate.

#97725 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

In this neck of the woods, the Conservatives are unassailable – voting for any other candidate is a waste of time. I have been speaking to a number of Labour supporters whose devotion to the cause is almost religious, despite them having no hope here.  I intend to spoil my ballot, because I don’t trust Johnson to deliver on Brexit.

#97726 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’m unsure who to vote for ?

#97728 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Unless yours is a marginal constituency, Mike, sadly it won’t make much difference except to your conscience.

#97729 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’ve always voted labour but don’t agree with their policies now I want to get Brexit done but I can’t trust Boris the liberal leader jo is lovely but again don’t agree with her policies

#97740 Reply

Mike 700
    Participant

Unless yours is a marginal constituency, Mike, sadly it won’t make much difference except to your conscience.

i know, but if the local independent is a good guy/gal, then they deserve some support, even though my vote will not make any difference nationally?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
Reply To: The Andrew Neil Interviews

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: