Takeaway favourite order disruption

• Creator
    Topic
  • #126645 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

During shielding/lockdown over the past months we have had a local delivery Indian takeaway delivered. (Constant 5 star hygiene).

However our trusty old reliable Lamb Rogan Josh has completion either the lamb Dopiaza, loving those Keema Naan breads too, saying that always have.
    Anyone made use of the hike in takeaway delivery lately.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #126663 Reply
    Georgie

Takeaways don’t deliver where I live.  Probably just as well.  The previous place we lived we ended up having ‘Pizza Friday’, ‘Chinese Saturday’ and ‘Indian Sunday’ – £45 a week on takeaways and even more pounds on waistline.

Now we get really good Chinese ‘ready meals’ from Waitrose twice a month (‘Char Sui Pork with Spring rolls’ and ‘Sweet and Sour Chicken with Spring rolls’), and DH now makes marvellous pizzas.

And now I’m hungry. 🙂

#126683 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Our main restaurant Aggrah is excellent and always packed out. They did a take a way service as well. Now, just this week they have shut the main restaurant and gone totally take a way. This because of covid.

Doncaster

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#126686 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Georgie we don’t tend to have it to often just slightly more than usual, also waiting on our delivery  date  for a motor makes it easier at the mo been as we got no transport.

Joss do you tend to go for the hot,spicy stuff, my limit is a rogan lol..

#126688 Reply
    Tharg

Used to have deliveries from excellent local Chinese and Indian; not using them now –  unhappy about risks of continuing deliveries during isolation – too many unknown risky hands involved. Had also used marvellous local kebab shop but he only did collection. During crisis he’s started deliveries; very few people involved so have risked it. Seems OK. Really, REALLY miss Kentucky Fried Chicken. Only collection provided here and have seen the mass of disease vectors milling about outside shop so it’s on the no-scoff list.

#126689 Reply
    ajn
    Participant

Yes good points stated there Tharg, usually if we were to have it before COVID, it was cooked in view, served into takeaway containers bagged and handed over.

However thinking on it the delivery driver handling, money and various door bells, door knockers etc would hold a higher risk.

We order soon as it opens 5pm delivered within 35 – 45 mins so not to much hanging about.

#126701 Reply
    Tharg

Oh, and how I miss our local fish ‘n’ chips.  Quite the best I’ve ever had. Cooked while you wait and the fish is fresh-caught that morning from local boats (Shoreham harbour). She tries to keep’em properly distanced outside shop but it’s a losing battle.

#126723 Reply
    joss
    Participant

@Georgie

“Do I tend to go for the hot and spicy”  Well it’s very rare that I have a curry Georgie. Those days have long gone.However, I do like to make my own now and then. Usually use a sauce such as Tikka masala and adjust to my liking. My favourite dish is has to be a meat dansak.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

#126788 Reply
    ajn

My Family have a giggle at time of order, after studying the menu for a usual of 15 mins it’s always a lamb Rogan or a chicken/veg korma.
    I don’t like the hot spicy stuff I seem to go red and sweat lol.

However after years of the above alternating order the Lamb Dopiaza have now entered the completion.

The laughs and groans as I reach for the takeaway menu will go down in history in my household.

#126810 Reply
    Phaedra
    Participant

We (myself and Autistic adult son) have one or two takeaways a week.

Indian usually on a Tuesday as there’s one on Just Eat which offers 20% off for “Cheeky Tuesdays” he usually gets a Korma and I go for a Dupiaza.   I really miss a good Madras or Vindaloo but with the IBS etc. I really wouldn’t risk it!!

I tend to use a bag of the frozen microwave white rice from Iceland, Asda Naan breads and cook our own chips.  This helps to keep the costs down.  We had a favourite Indian but in April the price for our usual meals went up by almost £6, that’s almost a 30% increase!.

For Chinese we have 2 decent ones, one is just up the road and on the way home on the one night a week I’m out so I order and collect on the way home, the other is a bit of a drive but a couple of his favourite meals are slightly different there so we do alternate weeks.

We have 2 chip shops, the one that’s been here for years is very hit and miss and small portions and reduced opening hours.  The new I-Fry is big and flash but sometimes the quality is quite poor, they shut at 10pm and we’ve found anything ordered after about 9:15 isn’t great, lots of cooking oil in the bottom of the containers that’s leaked out of the fish, sausage or burger etc..

There's room for all God's creatures, right next to the mash and gravy 🙂

#126817 Reply
    ajn

This home food delivery is a help whilst waiting for the delivery date of the car…

Your a braver man than me for eating those hotter curries in the passed. I found that just a taste would leave my mouth numb and end up not being able to taste a thing afterwards.

Great idea with the cost cutting idea too.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Takeaway favourite order disruption
Your information: