ssssshhhh rugby is on

• Creator
    Topic
  • #139128 Reply
    JS

being shut in is not my usual way or choice to be watching rugby, but i look forward to a great game.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #139134 Reply
    joss

Watching it now, but of course you are right. Being there is the best way to watch.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139138 Reply
    JS

the game will be won on the dressing room pep talks/reprimands.

#139139 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

And missed kicks.

#139143 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Remember that Norwegian commentator:

We’ve beaten England! England, birthplace of giants – Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana! We’ve beaten them all!

“Maggie Thatcher, can you hear me? Maggie Thatcher, I have a message for you: We have knocked England out of the World Cup in football. Maggie Thatcher, as they say in your language in the boxing bars round Madison Square Garden in New York: Your boys took a hell of a beating!”

#139144 Reply
    JS

its been in the making since 1983 but never the less a deserved win.

#139150 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Well deserved , excellent performance.

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#139152 Reply
    Brydo

Thugs and bully boys 6 fair play rugby 11

#139231 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Italy are playing better than they ever have
    & are looking good for the future ( about time ?) but they must stop wasting opportunities with their sometimes wild passing.

Not the best start, but to be fair it was against an ever improving French team, building as hosts for the World Cup, and where you can see Sean Edwards’ influence showing through, and now with England getting stuffed by Scotland, it makes both France and Scotland the teams to beat this Six Nations.

Today is the one for me, but I fear that God’s own team may not quite be back to form yet and, I hate to say it, but Ireland may just come away as the winners, but we are going to enjoy it whoever wins ( I lie )!

#139234 Reply
    Brydo

If all goes to form Scotland, after a rugby masterclass against England, will get beaten by Wales.

#139264 Reply
    Daf

I’d like to agree with you Brydo but I think Scotland are the dark horses of this tournament. I have seldom seen a better performance by Scotland in the six nations, they were superb in every aspect. Any side that can beat England at fortress Twickenham are a force to be reckoned with.

Wales however do have a cunning plan. We dont think we cant beat sides with 15 players so we are going to sledge the opposition’s less composed individuals in the hope they will get send off aka O’Mahoney. The plan is that if we get 2 Scots, 2 English and 3 French off, we are willing to play Italy with 15 men and we may win the championship.

On the other hand we could still get slammed. We shall see, but whatever the result I hope everyone enjoys the tournament and enjoys the camaraderie. Just about to celebrate with a few bottles of “Fally down water”,  Iechyd da (good health) to everyone.

#139267 Reply
    Brydo

No matter the results daf I love watching Scotland play, so open so skilful, love it.

Ive been a few times to watch Glasgow Warriors great to see the game at close quarters. Until you’ve been there you will never understand how brutal the game of rugby is.

#139278 Reply
    joss

This is true Brydo. We used to go watch Leeds Rhinos play at home. Its a small,compact stadium. If you sit at the front seats, you are virtually on the pitch. It is indeed brutal so close to the action.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#139286 Reply
    Brydo

It always amazes me how “well” Scotland do in rugby. I don’t know anybody who plays rugby or has ever played in all my years on this earth. I don’t know about the rest of the U.K. but rugby is mostly played in private schools, with mainstream schools going for football. Such a small percentage of the population producing such good players is a massive over achievement in my opinion.

#139293 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

I may have said something similar before, but it is still relevant as the Wales Rygby Team went from Grand Slam Champions in 2019, to Slam Dunk Chumps in one season , with more or less the same pool of players- which of course just shows the value of a good coach ( just look at how much France have improved with Sean Edwards on board ).

As I understand it, Wayne Pivac was given a two year contract and the same term was offered to Sean Edwards, who wanted another 4 year deal, but the WRU said no, nagoes, non, so off he went to France where he was welcomed with open arms an open cheque and a 4 year deal.

Shortsightedness can be corrected, but stubbornness is not so easy, and it appears that the WRU is suffering from the latter.

The cost in monetary terms to provide Sean with a four year deal, even with compensation for cutting it short for some reason, pales into insignificance compared to the cost of the current performance, both financial and player moral, not counting the cost in loss of faith by the fans, media etc.

It was always going to be problematical for Wales, following his loss, not forgetting Warren Gatland going back to NZ, and it proved thus in the Autumn Series & yesterday, facing a powerful & confident Ireland in the Six Nations , so there were bound to be difficulties, and criticism, some of it thoroughly deserved?

Anyway , well done to Scotland and Wales both victories unexpected by most pundits, and it is 100% certain that Scotland will be clear favourites for the game against Wales, but…………… So were England and so were Ireland favourites this weekend?

As an aside, I spent many years as a member of Cardiff Rugby Club , and for 5 years parked my car every day under the stands at the old Arms Park, and held six debenture tickets for International Games and spent many lunchtimes in the Clubhouse, which was frequented by some of the greats.

#139335 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

It always amazes me how “well” Scotland do in rugby. I don’t know anybody who plays rugby or has ever played in all my years on this earth. I don’t know about the rest of the U.K. but rugby is mostly played in private schools, with mainstream schools going for football. Such a small percentage of the population producing such good players is a massive over achievement in my opinion.

I have rewatched the 3 games since yesterday Brydo, without the adrenaline kicking In, and in my opinion, a Scotsman stands out as the Player of the weekend, and not one of the players normally at the front – my player of the weekend is Johnie Gray!

#139337 Reply
    Brydo

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him have a bad game mike. Since moving down south he has improved his all round game.

For the first time in many years we have few world class players which is great to see.

#139775 Reply
    Brydo

8-8 England v Italy, surely not, could Italy do it…………….. No chance.

#139787 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I have no interest in the matter but according to the noise from MrsW in another room (who claims to be Welsh), Scotland nearly snatched a victory from the jaws of defeat in the last seconds, but didn’t.

#139788 Reply
    Daf

Brydo, Scotland were brilliant. I honestly don’t think your prop should have been sent off, I think a yellow would have been enough. Scotland were the better side for large parts of that game and it could have gone either way.

As for us we should have got 2 Scots sent off as per the tactics! After that I think we are going to need more than 3 French sent off. That could be a problem lol!!

#139796 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Scotland played well, but they were not as good as they were against England, ( thank Goodness ) and frankly England were not as good against Italy, as the score line suggests!

A win is a win however, and no one – in the future, will note anything but the Wins, so we should never worry if a win is by one point or a hundred points?

Tomorrow will be the ‘big one of the weekend’ I guess, and I will cheer Ireland , and hope that they win – so that Wales can stay top ( for one week anyway)!

#139798 Reply
    Brydo

I am disappointed but it was a good game of rugby so no complaints.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: ssssshhhh rugby is on
Your information: