SKODA SUPERB HYBRID

This topic contains 26 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  BionicRusty (Wayne) 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #104801 Reply

jamesg

SKODA  SUPERB   HYBRID   NOW   ON  SCHEME.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #104802 Reply

Mike

Great news James more hybrids always welcome

#104804 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Oh that’s superb! 😂🤣.         (Well someone had to!)
    Nice one James.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#104810 Reply

Rhodgie

And at £2,995 deposit for the cheapest one you’d need to be really desperate for a PHEV over a normal ICE…

#104815 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

All of our local dealerships have no demonstrators until the end of March. I do understand were you are coming from £1795 for the 1.5TSi, that £1200 plus the EV home charger £300 = £1500 that’s a lot of petrol, plus I am not sure to whether it includes you charging leads? that could easily add another £400.

At present the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV despite now being a bit old in the tooth is far better value at £1699.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#104821 Reply

Rhodgie

Charging leads are included (I looked up their web site) but you’d need to do your sums carefully to see if it’s going to be worth shelling out a big lump sum up front.

#104823 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I have sent the dealer an email so an update, I have been looking at the Outlander PHEV, but dealers only has the high specification models to view, the Design and Verve models available on Motability are very basic plus I have not had a test drive, I may hated that CVT transmission.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#104825 Reply

Lord Muc

I agree, looked at the AP, and thought the same. A great shame, these high AP’s are killing it, I guess motobility want you to have a small car, so it has cost them virtually nothing, when the vehicle is returned. And they make maximum profit.

#104837 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Is a hybrid for you?

How many miles travelled each year you would think would be the acid test, but its more the type of miles you do.

For instance, if you do lots of long journeys it won’t pay you to get a hybrid, if you do lots of shorter journey, say up to 30-40 miles return, or less, then yes a hybrid could be for you.

So 8,000 per year but long journeys = practically no savings, infact, depending on the type and size of engine, it could be more expensive. The same mileage doing 22 miles per day, which is roughly 8,000 per year =hundreds of pounds saving a year.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#104838 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Brydo.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#104841 Reply

Colin
    Participant

Same old same old lol

Once again as soon as my decision is set in stone, the EXACT car I really wanted comes on to the scheme. Not sure I would have justified a 3.5k AP though…

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#104872 Reply

Philjb

What a shame the scheme couldn’t negotiate a better AP, that’s a big disappointment.
    The only way I can see the price drop to a realistic level is if they don’t sell well privately or to fleets.

#105056 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Popped into the local Skoda dealership this morning and had a good look around the Superb hatchback and estate, salesman informed us the floor area of the hatchback and estate are exactly the same, and advised unless you are going to fit a hoist save yourself £500 and go for a hatchback, we are inclined to agree.

The Superb is a lovely comfortable car with more than enough space for all our equipment, the salesman informed us they will receive their  Superb PHEV demonstrator in a couple of weeks.

#105078 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Only problem with the hatchback is it won’t accommodate any kind of built up mobility equipment as it doesn’t have any height in the boot area.

#105079 Reply

Markymate

This would be on my next list but unfortunately I have 11 metres between car and house plus the pavement. A seriously lovely car had a good half hour looking at it when the Kodiaq was in for service last Friday.

#105080 Reply

Colin
    Participant

The load lip is higher on the hatch too, if you’re a wheelchair user you have to lift it over the rear as opposed to sliding it in – yes the load area is the same but there’s more room in the estate because of the height lol

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

#105085 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I have a test drive in the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV in the morning I will tell you how it goes.

#105187 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

The load lip is higher on the hatch too, if you’re a wheelchair user you have to lift it over the rear as opposed to sliding it in – yes the load area is the same but there’s more room in the estate because of the height lol

Agree about the load lip, I would imagine it would be level with the PHEV with its battery pack, I decide after a test drive we are going for the Outlander PHEV really cannot justify £3000 + £850 + for the towbar, Outlander PHEV £1699 + £438 for the towbar.

#105191 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Since when does it cost £500-£850 for a towbar, that’s just plain robbery, I used to buy and fit them for £125 and still make a profit, after all it’s just a small wiring harness that plugs into the rear loom and a few bits of metal bolted in, complete ripoff!

#105194 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

BMW wanted about a £Grand for the X1 and Vauxhall wanted £600 for a Zafira.
    They claim it’s because of the reversing equipment. It’s daylight robbery.
    I’ve fitted quite a few over the years and was itching to do the X1 but of course I daren’t. ☺️

#105205 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

it is a bit of a rip off, but unfortunately these modern cars need to be programmed to handshake with the vehicles ECU, for this facility the fitters have to pay a licence, gone have the day of scotch locks and splicing the wiring looms.

#106847 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

I was in slow traffic yesterday and was alongside a black Superb estate.

I got to look at it from a few different positions as we creeped along and I have to say it looked absolutely fantastic. I’m not sure which model it was but it had amazing road presence imo.
    It’s amazing how you take more notice of particular cars when they pop onto your wish list!

#106854 Reply

Colin
    Participant

My personal preference on the Superb is the Petrol Blue Metallic (not the solid blue) which is available, especially on the hatchback but it does also look good on the estate.

#107365 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Does anyone here have a Superb SEL?

I’ve got a question please.

Skoda’s brochure for the SEL states that it has electric front seats as standard (see pic) but when you go to the configurator, it asks for £620! I’ll sort with the dealer when I go in, in a few months but does anyone here know for sure?

Thanks in advance.

#107371 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

It also states front and rear parking sensors on all PHEV models, Motability salesman adamant no sensors as standard, but Motability cars are fitted with rear sensors only.

#107386 Reply

Markymate

The £620 option is for the passengers front seat.  Hope that answers your question.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
Reply To: SKODA SUPERB HYBRID

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: