Silent Witness

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  fwippers 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #103844 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

We’re big fans of Silent Witness on BBC but the current two part story has really got my heckles up.
    A sub plot was obvious disdain and discrimination of a disabled copper by a senior officer.
    Whilst the main plot, regarding the sickening topic of domestic abuse was kind of wrapped up, the treatment of the disabled cop went unchecked. I don’t know why the writers would put out such a plot. What am I saying, of course I do. Ratings.
    Rant over. And yes, I feel a little better for it.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #103913 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

On due course I shall watch on catch up and shall comment further at that point.

#103926 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Why wouldn’t the writers put out such a plot??  Surely it gives an opportunity for viewers to understand the issues surrounding a disabled police officer carrying out full duties rather than “Restricted Duties ” and the attitudes of his manager.

I’m looking forward to seeing how it resolves, especially given the format of the rest of the program is just entertaining tosh.

#103927 Reply

Mike

I prefer love island

#105273 Reply

Tharg
    Participant

Sad to say, I gave up on Silent Witness some time back. Plots got more and more silly with the Fox girl (Nicky?) always deciding to break the rules and get deeply involved with the crime; then choosing to follow an armed, ultra-violent, murdering psychopath completely alone and without telling anyone where she’s going.

Best choice of pathologist? Dr Pasquano in Inspector Montalbano; a very large, very grumpy old doc who hates the coppers and loathes doing pathology. Normally gives Montalbano pathology results while eating obscene amounts of cream cakes for breakfast. Not only would it be anathema to him to follow the baddie, he simply couldn’t do it!

#105276 Reply

Wigwam
    Participant

Quite agree Tharg. Obviously it’s fiction and just entertaining tosh, but it’s so divorced from reality, I find it hard not to get annoyed.

#105331 Reply

Tharg
    Participant

Oh, how could I forget! Best pathology person? Annette Badland as Dr Fleur Perkins in Midsommer. Great character from splendid actor. Just what the series needed to perk it up a bit. Seems to have worked too – some sites list her as favourite character in the show.

#105352 Reply

fwippers
    Participant

Most TV, so called soaps in particular, are removed from reality.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Silent Witness

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: