sad state of affairs

• Creator
    Topic
  • #193137 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

welcome though the return of mini is, it just highlights the change over the last 2 and 1/2 years.

the only countryman available is a 1.5 cooper for £2761 on wpms. whereas i got the cooper s auto exccmf+nav+ for an ap of £785.00 and the dealer discounted that by £500. so i got much more for £285.00 less a prorata gcb and a prorata refund of previous ap as i changed 6 months early which proved to be a good move.

very sad, certainly for me it puts the countryman out of reach and there is nowt on the scheme that remotely matches it.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #193147 Reply
    Ginny
    Participant

Even this year. I ordered my MINI at the start of the year (just before they removed them) with a 999 AP, it is now 2999, granted it has a few more extras, but both cars are the “base” Cooper S. As you, I think this would have put the MINI out of reach (I don’t think I would have even considered it at that AP), and as with the Countryman; nothing like it, either (at least since they dropped the Abarth 595).

As an aside my husband says he remembers when the (Austin) Mini Countryman was a Woody (version of the Mini estate/van). His mum used to have the Morris version; the Mini Traveller. Also the Mini Clubman was a Mini with a flat face.

Current vehicle: 2018 SEAT LEON ST 1.8 TSI FR Technology DSG
    On order: MINI Hatch 2.0 Cooper S Classic Premium 5DR Auto

#193151 Reply
    Jojoe
    Participant

On the Motability Q & A yesterday, they were hinting they expect prices to get to near normal next year.

#193153 Reply
    Tardelli

The MINI certainly is a quandary.

On the one hand it’s an Expensive A.P,

On the other it’s worry free motoring and the dealership is great.

(I’ve even found Kwik fit good)

#193152 Reply
    Paul

Normal?as in pre covid,no chance of APs being that level again, let alone by next year.

#193162 Reply
    rox
    Participant

I agree paul I don’t think increased energy cost have filtered into otr prices of new cars yet and the fact that some have increased in the last few years by as much 26% already and how much has the allowance increased by, for years and years it has not kept up and now we are really seeing that gap grow, with increased ap’s.

Prices now are the new normal and will increase further imo and then may fall back to current levels.

Most manufacturers plans are to make less car than before but make more profits. Like audi dropping the a1 and q2 from the line up to concentrate on premium models and other makers like nissan, Hyundai etc making more premium cars starting at almost 40k as more and more ev’s hit the production line, less and less cheaper alternatives will be available.

What then for the scheme and for us in general with mobility issues.

#193163 Reply
    Jojoe
    Participant

I think high car prices are here for a while, but don’t forget they are going to have to take into account the massive amounts they’re making on used cars. They can’t just keep giving all the excess funds to charity, it will eventually be reflected in AP’s.

#193261 Reply
    Ady

What happens if the allowance did increase by a decent amount whilst you had a car on the scheme, do Motability get to take the increase as well?

#193286 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

What happens if the allowance did increase by a decent amount whilst you had a car on the scheme, do Motability get to take the increase as well?

On the basis mb take the increase every year, I would say they would do the same if the allowance was increased by a substantial amount.  For me this would be out of order and if there was a substantial increase to the allowance I would leave the scheme.

#193291 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

As per one’s Motability Lease agreement, if the vehicle you ordered (or have) shows the instalments as Total Allowance (“T/A”) they will increase if the rate of Allowance increases.

It doesn’t matter by how much the allowance increases, under a Total Allowance agreement, all the increase goes to Motability.

Only If the vehicle lease agreement shows as ‘fixed weekly payments’ (constant), then the hirer keeps any increase in allowances over the period of the contract as the instalments are fixed.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: sad state of affairs
Your information: