Renewed My Blue Badge Online

This topic contains 23 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Jane 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #109534 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I have just renewed Blue badge online, however the government is experiencing problem excepting payment, I click summit application and pay later, Staffordshire County Council phoned an hour later and took payment.

So I have not put anyone or myself at risk.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #109535 Reply

JS

I did it last week as went to sign vehicle in at Bath hospital only to find it ran out in January, as we have moved area we had to reapply, so I tryed it online, the whole process was easier than I expected, easy to upload photo and documents etc. Had a confirmation email saying being processed and should be around 12 days, alot better than the 6 weeks the paper version says to allow.

#109537 Reply

martino

price of blue badge is different for each council i think the council can charge up to £20,  my council lazy (sorry north ) lanarkshire council obviously chose to charge £20 again squeezing the ill, elderly,  and disabled

#109541 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

Stafford £10.00

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#109548 Reply

Abercol
    Participant

Wife did her application for disabled bus pass on phone/online with council, doing what they said, nothing came through, old card expired, she called the council to be told it has to be done in person, at one branch 18 miles away. She was not a happy bunny. To top it off, they gave her a temp extension and several drivers refused to accept it, so she had to pay…

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#109550 Reply

Philjb

I didn’t need to see anyone for my disability bus pass renewal I just filled out a form and it came in the post.
    must just different from council to council.

#109553 Reply

Carl barker

St helens 10

#109555 Reply

Philjb
    Participant

Blue badge £10 in London boroughs.

Tiguan fan boy

#109558 Reply

Tony White

Torbay £10

#109566 Reply

martino

why are all councils different prices for the same thing ,

i remember when it didnt cost anything

#109567 Reply

Adam
    Participant

£10 in Worcestershire

looking on my Gov web site it’s  A Blue Badge costs up to £10 in England and £20 in Scotland. It’s free in Wales.

#109569 Reply

martino

Scotland its all about the money,

may be printing is more expensive in Scotland

#109588 Reply

Vinnie
    Participant

£10 North Yorkshire county Council, but because my award runs out in April 2022 would only give one till then! Being a pensioner I hope it’s an easy review as stated by government last year (fingers crossed) lease runs out next year so will probably extend till after review!

#109596 Reply

KerryB
    Participant

£10 in Northern Ireland

#109598 Reply

JS

Councils can charge less but as a rule A Blue Badge costs up to £10 in England and £20 in Scotland. It’s free in Wales.

Guidance from the .gov website

https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

#109689 Reply

Jane

Liverpool £10 But 12 week wait its been 13 now and still not got it😢

#109691 Reply

Shed1965

The reason it’s taking longer to get a new badge is because most of the Council’s if not all of them do not make or process the badges themselves anymore,it’s just something else that has been  sold out to a private company because it’s cheaper. My council used to have a 3 to 5 day turnaround now it’s ten weeks plus. But that’s good service and progress for you

#109726 Reply

JS

The badge arrived this morning. 9 days from filling it in online and that was classed as reapply rather than renewal due to having moved areas.

#110445 Reply

Jane

Mine is still not here.yet there quick to take my money.

#110500 Reply

martino

Jane the councils are always quick to take our money

#110503 Reply

Tharg

Renewed mine online too. Sent yesterday so not received yet. Was impressed with the simple nature of computery stuff to make the application. Only took about 10 mins or less. Just need to get the enclosures ready – snap of driving license, etc. Think it’ll cost a tenner (W Sussex)

#110551 Reply

Jane

Phone the council today the man I spoke to was working from home as I could hear his children playing in the back ground he has made a complaint about it and apologised. But did say he thinks blue badge team are closed.🤔I said i understand  but 14 weeks is ridiculous.

#110552 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

Just renewed mine as I received an e-mail from the local authority to say my current one expires in May.

I sent in the online application on Monday last week and on Thursday the new one, valid to May 2023, dropped through the letter box.

Excellent service considering the times we are currently living in.

Dave

#110632 Reply

Jane

U just got a email this morning.all sites and with be with me in the next 10 days.really why so long 16 weeks that makes it in total.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: Renewed My Blue Badge Online

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: