Quick question I need advice on asap please

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by des.
  • Creator
    Topic
    des
    Participant

I’ve phoned up to get the new ap on the e3008 he said they do it automatically which doesn’t sound right but he said if I add the pack it will be a new order? Is that others experience. The order was placed on the 8th of February and I really don’t want to go to the back of the queue.

I didn’t get speaking to the girl I ordered of as it was someone else as she was busy.

Just so that I have some info when she phones me back.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      ChrisK
      Participant

I don’t know about other manufacturers or dealers but I ordered my VW Tiguan in November 2021 that was delivered in February 2023 so about 15 months all told.

At about 6 months into the wait I thought it would be handy to add the variable boot floor to my order and was told exactly the same that it would put me at the back of the queue again so 6 months in gave it a miss but still waited another 11 months.

It never used to like this and you could always add or subtract from an order in the past as long as the car hadn’t been built but this seems to be the new world order or if you like straight bone idleness or if you like, can’t be assed.

In your case if it was February this year its not such a big risk if there was a chance of a delay but is it a gamble your willing to take.

Ele
        Participant

These things in my experience are best sorted out face to face

Any AP reduction if/when sought will have to be done online manually and it is a 2 min job and I suggest not to leave till its has been completed

ChrisK has covered everything else

Mossfinn
          Participant

I’ve phoned up to get the new ap on the e3008 he said they do it automatically which doesn’t sound right but he said if I add the pack it will be a new order? Is that others experience. The order was placed on the 8th of February and I really don’t want to go to the back of the queue. I didn’t get speaking to the girl I ordered of as it was someone else as she was busy. Just so that I have some info when she phones me back.

I think you have two separate questions here.
            Regarding adding extras onto your car, my understanding of dealer order process is that when you confirm your order, if it’s a new build the dealer gets a build slot and  locks in the order. From that point it can’t be changed and if you want different spec, they have to release that build and start a new one from the next available slot. This has been my experience buying privately in the past from Jaguar and Audi.
            With  the AP, this is a process between dealer and Motability. The dealer cancels the Motability order and places a new one and this doesn’t effect the dealer to build order. Mazda did that for me when the order I placed in Q4 dropped in AP in Q1. I rang my guy and he did it as we spoke on the phone but I wouldn’t rely on a dealer doing it automatically.

des
            Participant

Cheers for the replies folks. All good the ap was changed before the 2nd call and is now showing as 0 to be paid. They couldn’t have done it that quick so I presume that they do it themselves automatically. Hats of to them.

The adding the sensation pack would require upfront payment which I don’t have but she said leave it with her and she will see what she can do regarding not reordering and see what can be done about the payment upfront. Excellent service tbh.

Side note. She stated that there is never a problem with the staff at, and the dealership itself lowering APs but that sometimes mobility put a block on the new order and that causes problems. I think a member in here had that problem the other day with an Enyaq and it caused him/her some stress.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.