Q4 News and Prices

• Creator
    Topic
    kbfern

As we are getting close to Q4 thought it would be good to start a new thread after all only 2 weeks to go.

I am hopeful that 1st Oct will bring some new additions to the motability scheme and maybe even a few price drops on some of the higher priced AP cars like the VW ID4 for instance, we can but hope.

I am looking to order an ID3 or ID4 or should we be fortunate enough to have the Skoda Enyaq added, as long as the Ap is no more than £2.5-£3k. The ID3 Tour with 77kw battery is looking favorite for me at the moment with £1349 AP which I am happy with. I could order before 1st Oct and take the risk the price for the ID4 does not fall or the Enyaq does not come on the scheme I suppose.

Anyway speculate away with any thoughts on what else is coming and going come Q4.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      fwippers
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>It is always good to speculate as to what may or may not appear in the following quarter, however experience has shown that our hopes and aspirations rarely come to fruition.  I am also going to be in the market for an electric vehicle with the Kona an appealing prospect but from my talks with Motability there was little indication that there would be many new additions in this sector in Q4, although thus conversation took place over a month ago. A new Renault electric car was mentioned the name of which escapes me. We have just a fortnight to wait, unless there is another glitch and then the planning process can begin.</p>

Ted

Am hoping for more ev and the id4 to be cheaper and would love to see a Skoda Octavia vrs plug in hybrid as need a big boot and we have the golf gte on the scheme now.

ChrisK
          Participant

Don’t know about new additions, I’m hoping for some old addition to return.

Richardw

Can’t see there being much in the way of additions, long way to go still as far as supply issues are concerned.

Ldc7080

If id4 follows id3 then AP should reduce by £1000’s .  If you look at motability on VW website there are 6 id4s available but only 2 on motability website!

kbfern

That’s what I am hoping, if the two lowest priced ID4’s (£2900 & £5900) were to reduce to £1900 and £2900 I would go for one of those in preference to an ID3.

Moreton5

I was in with my SEAT dealer today, he said the Tarraco’s (and others) that went off will be back on 1st October. I hadn’t even questioned why or when they would be back, he just said it.

fwippers
                    Participant

With the news Mercedes are leaving Motability, perhaps we are looking at a “mainstream” scheme going forward?

Georgie

Yes, in these times of limited vehicle construction due to the chip shortage I can see the ‘luxury marques’ (merc, BMW, Audi) hiking their prices and/or leaving to scheme to focus on profits from private buyers.  If it works for them, will the mid-rangers follow?  We’ve already had the VW Golf selection stripped down to four (1 manual – entry level, and 3 automatics)!

I get to order my next vehicle in Q4 and I’m desperately hoping they don’t remove the Ford Puma Vignale, or hike the AP out of reach.  It’s by far the best car I can find for my needs in my GCB ‘price range’ and now I’m having a stomach-churning, shaky fingers panic attack just thinking about it!

fwippers
                        Participant

Yes, in these times of limited vehicle construction due to the chip shortage I can see the ‘luxury marques’ (merc, BMW, Audi) hiking their prices and/or leaving to scheme to focus on profits from private buyers. If it works for them, will the mid-rangers follow? We’ve already had the VW Golf selection stripped down to four (1 manual – entry level, and 3 automatics)! I get to order my next vehicle in Q4 and I’m desperately hoping they don’t remove the Ford Puma Vignale, or hike the AP out of reach. It’s by far the best car I can find for my needs in my GCB ‘price range’ and now I’m having a stomach-churning, shaky fingers panic attack just thinking about it!

I think Mercedes should be careful what they wish for, sometimes the best laid plans!

Rene
                          Participant

I’m hoping for the ID4 to pull an “ID3” and get its AP slashed by 70%. If they’d offer the (available) top ID4 (i think Family, for a ridiculous £8500 AP) for around £3500-£4000, it’d become a proper contender on the shortlist. As it stands, not so much.

Mercedes didn’t just pull out of Motability, but all fleet operations (SIXT isn’t offering Mercedes’ anymore either, because they don’t get any – internationally). Whether or not it works for them, time will tell. I’m pretty sure that they’ll be just fine.

The question as it stands is, will other premium manufacturers follow suit (BMW, Audi, maybe even VW). I certainly hope not (albeit the offer of BMW isn’t that great for us anyway).

My best guess for additions would probably be the new Peugeot 308 (was already on the scheme at ridiculous prices, would assume they start offering it “properly”). The new Kia Sportage won’t make it in Q4 (will reach showrooms in march 22 according to our dealership). Other than that, i don’t think we’re over the hill just yet in regards to chip shortage – so i don’t think we’ll see the removed models (like Tiguan, Ateca etc) return just yet. But that’s based on my own pessimism (our shortlist leader got removed in the first wave, and with our luck, it won’t return for another year).

Prior: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
                            Current: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY23

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.