Phev range in cold weather going down

• Creator
    Topic
    Brydo
    Participant

Well the cold weather has certainly arrived and with it comes really poor electric range.
      Temperature overnight -7*C but +1 today when I had 11-mile range before completing a short journey of 5 miles. As I approached my house my engine started up as my battery had been totally used.

We have a Volvo xc40 PHEV and last year was similar, during the summer months we regularly achieved 27 miles on a full charge, in fact a couple of journeys gave 30 miles but once the very cold weather returns our range falls off the edge of a cliff 😔

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
      Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

If you ever get stranded mate and need a tow just gimme a shout 🤭😉

When life hands you melons...,
        Make melonade!

Brydo
        Participant

Will do Winston 😁

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
          Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

kezo
          Participant

I wonder what @Oscarmax is getting, now the colder weather has set in?

Oscarmax
            Participant

Unfortunately I am down to 46 miles roll on the warmer weather

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
              Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Suzuki Across PHEV

kezo
              Participant

7 mile loss sounds decent for this weather.

Oscarmax
                Participant

7 mile loss sounds decent for this weather.

Toyota quote their EV range @ 0 degree C, as opposed to 25 degrees C Toyota quoted EV range is 46 miles in the summer we have seen around the 57/58 mark, the Suzuki uses a heat pump, the area we live is reasonable flat, in North Yorkshire it may be a different story, in Scotland the muck lower temperature I would imagine have some affect on range.

Our previous vehicle Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV EV range in summer 28/30 miles, winter 15/18 miles.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
                  Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Suzuki Across PHEV

Oscarmax
                  Participant

Down to 37 miles today extremely cold running cost around 9 pence @ mile on Octopus Agile rates, checked the Podpoint APP this morning 12 kWh at the current Octopus Agile rate average 8.9 pence @ mile still cheaper than petrol.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Oscarmax.

Suzuki Across PHEV

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.