Ordered Last Quarter, get this Quarters price

• Creator
    Topic
    UkHardcore23
    Participant

I ordered a Megane E Tech in December for £845, It came down to £695. Phoned to see about getting the new price and was told it cannot be done. Personally ive been able to do it on my last 3 cars so i know it can be done… Was told if i really wanted the new price i would need to cancel the order and redo putting me at the back of the que.

Car has not been built yet and still doesnt have a build date even though ordered in December.

Any advice people

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Cheerio132
      Participant

If it bothers you that much id just cancel and reorder or id see if theres dealers elsewhere with cars instock ive seen dealers on facebook also offering an extra £100 off and electric Renault if theyre close enough for you to travel to

tvs
        Participant

It can be done, it is only a quick adjustment of re submiting for Mobility to update. Doesn’t effect the allocated build slot. Interestingly some dealers are more accomodating than others.

2024 - KIA EV6 GT Line AWD
          2019 - 2024 BMW X1 2.0d X Drive Sport Auto
          2017 -2019 Audi Q3 2.0d Quattro Sport Line Plus
          2005 - 2017 Honda CRV Exec 2.0d

Jojoe
          Participant

Our Skoda dealer did it for us, saving us £500. They did it whilst we were on the phone, literally 4 minutes. Sounds like an unhelpful dealer who doesn’t need your business.

Mossfinn
            Participant

The dealer is misleading you. I had it done with my Mazda and, like Jojoe, the dealer did it whilst we were on the phone. The order between dealer and Motability is totally separate to the internal purchase order from dealer to manufacturer.

I would be more concerned that 4 months after order you still haven’t had a build date!

Collie
              Participant

As the others say, it takes a minute and it’s not a whole re-order. You do get dealers like that but when you give them a call and ask to cancel the order if they won’t resubmit to motability, they usually change their mind.

Glos Guy
                Participant

As others have said, this is a 5 minute job on the Motability system and doesn’t cost the dealership a penny. Absolutely no reason why they shouldn’t do it. Unless you are desperate for the car I’d be tempted to tell them you will cancel and go to another dealership. You might then find that they suddenly change their position. Alternatively, say that you want to speak to the new car sales manager to let them know that this is a common practice that all other dealers do. However, as @Mossfin says, your bigger worry is that the dealership may not have even ordered the car. Always ask where they are with their build slot allocations when placing an order, as if they can’t order immediately they will ‘sit’ on your order for months before even placing it, and they won’t tell you. This happens constantly and it comes up on this forum every month as most people don’t understand how it all works, nor should they have to.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Glos Guy.
                  Robert88
                  Participant

My dealer wouldn’t reduce the AP for me either. As I had waited 6 months didn’t fancy cancelling and going back to end of que. Some dealers seem accommodating others don’t.

warpig
                    Participant

My dealer has lowered the AP twice since I ordered my car, both times without being asked then sent me a nice email to inform me they had done it.

Elliot
                      Participant

I recently threatened to cancel my car if the dealer didn’t reduce the AP. The next day I got an email with a new order form and the AP reduced by £500. Didn’t change my position on the waiting list either. They can do it if they want.

UkHardcore23
                        Participant

Hey Cheerio can you remember where you seen or whereabouts the garages were?

I’m not in a rush to change so seriously thinking about reordering. Moneys better in my pocket than Renaults or Motability

Glos Guy
                          Participant

My dealer has lowered the AP twice since I ordered my car, both times without being asked then sent me a nice email to inform me they had done it.

My BMW dealer did the same. The AP dropped by £100 and as it was such a small sum I didn’t bother to call them, but I didn’t need to as they phoned me and said that they had done it anyway. They said to me “better in your pocket than Motability’s”. You really do find out who the good and bad dealers are in these situations. It’s less than a 5 minute job, does not affect the order at all, and doesn’t affect what they receive for ordering the car. Refusing to do it is really quite nasty and would ensure that I never used them again.

bogzaf
                            Participant

My skoda dealer did not want to reduce my AP either. They told me that motability not allowed the to do that. However, I’ve read here so many times people where able to reduce it that I decided to call motability and ask. So the answer was – dealer can cancel and re submit application and stay with same order if car’s price did not reduce (manufacture price) if for example Skoda costs £50k when I ordered and now same model is £48k then they would have to cancel application and order car which would send me to the end of the queue. I rang my dealer and said this but they said they will not do it until they will get official approval from motability. So again, I rang motability help line and lovely lady Chloe put mi on hold and spoke win manager. And she sorted out everything. My application was resubmitted for lower AP but order remains unchanged as the price of the care is still same.

Cheerio132
                              Participant

Hey Cheerio can you remember where you seen or whereabouts the garages were? I’m not in a rush to change so seriously thinking about reordering. Moneys better in my pocket than Renaults or Motability

Renault/Dacia St Albans.

Ask for grant Fitzgerald hes the guy doing the offer

mickyarmy
                                Participant

I guess it works both ways I ordered sportage £3399. Now it’s £4000. Only expect pay lower price.

Glos Guy
                                  Participant

Whilst I am pleased that @bogzaf got a positive outcome, I would strongly advise others not to attempt to get the AP adjusted by calling Motability. They are the last people you should ask in this situation!

Motability’s policy with regards to APs is very clear and has never changed. You pay the AP that applied when you placed the order, regardless of whether it goes up or down. If an AP goes down before the customer picks up the car, the only winner is Motability. The dealer does not benefit at all and the customer loses out. Motability do not like dealers adjusting the Motability order so that the customer pays the lower price, as it results in less profit for them. @bogzaf was very lucky, but if you call Motability 99% of the time they will just quote the policy and, by calling them, you are also alerting them to the fact that you might try to do this through the dealership.

By contrast, the vast majority of dealers value their customers and, human nature as it is, most car sales people won’t want to see their customers paying more than they need to, especially as it’s only a few minutes work for them and makes not a jot of difference to what they receive by ordering the car (which is a fixed handling payment from Motability plus the car counts towards their bonus targets – even though most will deny this).

Thankfully, the instances where dealers won’t adjust the AP down (which does NOT affect the vehicle order or delivery time in any way at all – it’s just an admin thing and absolutely nothing to do with the actual order) are few and far between. I suspect that in the majority of these cases it’s simply a case of the sales person being a bit clueless as to how it all works, but of course some will just be being downright lazy or, dare I say it, a bit ‘anti Motability customers’. Obviously anyone unlucky enough to encounter such a sales person will be unlikely to use them a second time.

Robert88
                                    Participant

I must be extremely unlucky as I’ve asked 3 different dealers on my las 3 cars to put through reduced AP and all 3 refused also when ordering last 3 vehicles I’ve been asked how much fuel would I like put in and they add it to AP.

UkHardcore23
                                      Participant

Hey Cheerio can you remember where you seen or whereabouts the garages were? I’m not in a rush to change so seriously thinking about reordering. Moneys better in my pocket than Renaults or Motability

Renault/Dacia St Albans. Ask for grant Fitzgerald hes the guy doing the offer

Thanks mate, being up in Glasgow it’s a little too far. We did pick up a Mini from Newcastle but St Albans would be pushing it 🙂

bogzaf
                                        Participant

Whilst I am pleased that @bogzaf got a positive outcome, I would strongly advise others not to attempt to get the AP adjusted by calling Motability. They are the last people you should ask in this situation! Motability’s policy with regards to APs is very clear and has never changed. You pay the AP that applied when you placed the order, regardless of whether it goes up or down. If an AP goes down before the customer picks up the car, the only winner is Motability. The dealer does not benefit at all and the customer loses out. Motability do not like dealers adjusting the Motability order so that the customer pays the lower price, as it results in less profit for them. @bogzaf was very lucky, but if you call Motability 99% of the time they will just quote the policy and, by calling them, you are also alerting them to the fact that you might try to do this through the dealership. By contrast, the vast majority of dealers value their customers and, human nature as it is, most car sales people won’t want to see their customers paying more than they need to, especially as it’s only a few minutes work for them and makes not a jot of difference to what they receive by ordering the car (which is a fixed handling payment from Motability plus the car counts towards their bonus targets – even though most will deny this). Thankfully, the instances where dealers won’t adjust the AP down (which does NOT affect the vehicle order or delivery time in any way at all – it’s just an admin thing and absolutely nothing to do with the actual order) are few and far between. I suspect that in the majority of these cases it’s simply a case of the sales person being a bit clueless as to how it all works, but of course some will just be being downright lazy or, dare I say it, a bit ‘anti Motability customers’. Obviously anyone unlucky enough to encounter such a sales person will be unlikely to use them a second time.

i totally agree with your point. I did accept that they will not change my AP when ordered my car however meanwhile other things came up and I decided to ask the source – motability helpline. This is my first ever motability car. I wasn’t aware of any things including that is should not pay deposit when they request it. So I guess everyone should do as they feel 🙂

Glos Guy
                                          Participant

@bogzaf Deposits are yet another area where different dealers adopt different approaches! The Motability stance on this is that some dealers may ask for a deposit and are perfectly entitled to do so. However, many dealers don’t ask for one (my BMW dealer didn’t, even though I added a lot of expensive options to the car) and some will ask but not push it if you say you’re not happy to.

My advice would always be to avoid paying a deposit and also to have the £750 new car bonus paid directly to the customer after pick up and not direct to the dealer to deduct from the AP. That way, if you change your mind (e.g. a better car comes on the scheme and you want to cancel, or the AP drops and the dealer won’t spend the 5 minutes adjusting the admin) you have no tie to the dealer whatsoever and can walk away. There have been a few examples on here over the years where people have cancelled their order and dealers have been difficult about refunding deposits. They have no choice but to eventually refund, as we never enter into a legally binding contract with the dealership, but some people have had real difficulty. In one case I had to help the person get their money back. It’s a hassle that people can do without.

bogzaf
                                            Participant

@bogzaf Deposits are yet another area where different dealers adopt different approaches! The Motability stance on this is that some dealers may ask for a deposit and are perfectly entitled to do so. However, many dealers don’t ask for one (my BMW dealer didn’t, even though I added a lot of expensive options to the car) and some will ask but not push it if you say you’re not happy to. My advice would always be to avoid paying a deposit and also to have the £750 new car bonus paid directly to the customer after pick up and not direct to the dealer to deduct from the AP. That way, if you change your mind (e.g. a better car comes on the scheme and you want to cancel, or the AP drops and the dealer won’t spend the 5 minutes adjusting the admin) you have no tie to the dealer whatsoever and can walk away. There have been a few examples on here over the years where people have cancelled their order and dealers have been difficult about refunding deposits. They have no choice but to eventually refund, as we never enter into a legally binding contract with the dealership, but some people have had real difficulty. In one case I had to help the person get their money back. It’s a hassle that people can do without.

indeed. I’ve learned a lot from people in that forum ! And I’m really grateful! Unfortunately I found this page literally on the day I made my order 🙁 but it’s good to have so many amazing people with great knowledge and willing to help!

Djw38uk
                                              Participant

My AP went down £2300 this quarter from last. Being such a large figure I think my dealer knew I would walk away if they didn’t adjust, even though the car is there waiting for me in two weeks time.

As such, it was done straight away on the Monday for me.

Personally if it was anything under £3-400 I would have asked but it wouldn’t have led me to cancel.

Glos Guy
                                                Participant

My AP went down £2300 this quarter from last. Being such a large figure I think my dealer knew I would walk away if they didn’t adjust, even though the car is there waiting for me in two weeks time. As such, it was done straight away on the Monday for me. Personally if it was anything under £3-400 I would have asked but it wouldn’t have led me to cancel.

That must be a record adjustment and just goes to show what can, and should, be done. Well done! You must be over the moon about that.

BearHardy
                                                  Participant

Always before ordering,  I confirm with the dealer that they will reduce the AP if it goes down.  Only 1 dealer so far has said they’re not sure & I didn’t place the order with them.  The rest have done it,  some even do it without being prompted & they’re the best!

Participant

Really shouldn’t be an issue – my Skoda dealer has reduced my Enyaq twice now with me simply emailing and asking but as others have already said over and over there are plenty of negative experiences out there unfortunately

"Man is born in freedom, but he soon becomes a slave, in cages of convention, from the cradle, to the grave."

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.