Ohme Tale of Joy

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by kezo.
  • Creator
    Topic
    MickC
    Participant

Had my installation done today,took him about 2 hours,all went smoothly and everything done very neat and tidy…the company was Charged EV.

Only problem is the charger that Ohme sent (the order pickers) cannot obviously read,i recieved a tethered unit with 8m cable………..i ordered an un-tethred unit with 8m cable….had to phone Ohme and they are sending the correct cable…fingers crossed.

All i need now is a car to test it out on.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      DumfriesDik
      Participant

Glad it went okay @MickC and hopefully the switch goes well.

Fingers crossed the car arrives soon.

VW ID3 Max is my DD

kezo
        Participant

Great news!

Phaedra
          Participant

@MickC

If I’m reading that correctly, they installed a tethered unit (Ohme Home Pro) with an 8m cable, how will having another 8m cable sent help? you can’t plug it into the charger?  Only into the Ohme ePod (which doesn’t lock it in place during charging).

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

MickC
            Participant

@MickC If I’m reading that correctly, they installed a tethered unit (Ohme Home Pro) with an 8m cable, how will having another 8m cable sent help? you can’t plug it into the charger? Only into the Ohme ePod (which doesn’t lock it in place during charging).

Let me just clarify what happened.

Maybe six weeks ago i got a brown carboard box sent from Ohme,it had a sticker on the side that said 8m Cable,never opened it.

Today Jack came to install the charger,showed him the carboard box he looked at it and said i dont think that will have an “un-tethered” unit inside it,but its no problem i have some  in my van,all you will need to do is phone Ohme and tell them they sent the wrong unit with tethered cable,and ask them to send you an 8m cable which i did and they said they would get one dispatched asap.

Anyway job is finished and Jack was going to his next installation,about an hour after he left he phoned me and asked if i would look in the cardboard box,as he had just got to his next install and the same box size was waiting for him,he said they had opened it and there was just an 8m cable and starage bag inside…so i opened mine while Jack was till on the phone,and low and behold there was an 8m cable and blue storage bag in the box….no charger.

If Jack had not got the un tethered chargers on his van me and the next customer would not have been able to do the installation.

Did others who chose the 8m cable and un tethered charger experience the same or did you get a box delivered with the charger and cable inside.

kezo
              Participant

@MickC If I’m reading that correctly, they installed a tethered unit (Ohme Home Pro) with an 8m cable, how will having another 8m cable sent help? you can’t plug it into the charger? Only into the Ohme ePod (which doesn’t lock it in place during charging).

Let me just clarify what happened. Maybe six weeks ago i got a brown carboard box sent from Ohme,it had a sticker on the side that said 8m Cable,never opened it. Today Jack came to install the charger,showed him the carboard box he looked at it and said i dont think that will have an “un-tethered” unit inside it,but its no problem i have some in my van,all you will need to do is phone Ohme and tell them they sent the wrong unit with tethered cable,and ask them to send you an 8m cable which i did and they said they would get one dispatched asap. Anyway job is finished and Jack was going to his next installation,about an hour after he left he phoned me and asked if i would look in the cardboard box,as he had just got to his next install and the same box size was waiting for him,he said they had opened it and there was just an 8m cable and starage bag inside…so i opened mine while Jack was till on the phone,and low and behold there was an 8m cable and blue storage bag in the box….no charger. If Jack had not got the un tethered chargers on his van me and the next customer would not have been able to do the installation. Did others who chose the 8m cable and un tethered charger experience the same or did you get a box delivered with the charger and cable inside.

So Ohme will be sending you another 8m cable, even though one came in a box about 6 weeks ago?

MickC
                Participant

Let me just clarify what happened. Maybe six weeks ago i got a brown carboard box sent from Ohme,it had a sticker on the side that said 8m Cable,never opened it. Today Jack came to install the charger,showed him the carboard box he looked at it and said i dont think that will have an “un-tethered” unit inside it,but its no problem i have some in my van,all you will need to do is phone Ohme and tell them they sent the wrong unit with tethered cable,and ask them to send you an 8m cable which i did and they said they would get one dispatched asap. Anyway job is finished and Jack was going to his next installation,about an hour after he left he phoned me and asked if i would look in the cardboard box,as he had just got to his next install and the same box size was waiting for him,he said they had opened it and there was just an 8m cable and starage bag inside…so i opened mine while Jack was till on the phone,and low and behold there was an 8m cable and blue storage bag in the box….no charger. If Jack had not got the un tethered chargers on his van me and the next customer would not have been able to do the installation. Did others who chose the 8m cable and un tethered charger experience the same or did you get a box delivered with the charger and cable inside.

So Ohme will be sending you another 8m cable, even though one came in a box about 6 weeks ago?

I’ll be like a dog with two cocks……which do i use first.

MickC
                  Participant
                    MickC
                    Participant
                      kezo
                      Participant

I’ll be like a dog with two cocks……which do i use first.

Have you got the 2nd cable Ohme are sending, before listing the original cable?

I

MickC
                        Participant

@kezo not listing anything just thought i would show a couple of listings i found while browsing Ebay.

Dont know if i will get a replacement sent if they check their records they will see i have one.

Thought i would show you the installation at my home.

kezo
                          Participant

Looks good!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.