Non member section

• Creator
    Topic
  • #185565 Reply
    ajn

Should there be a non member section for the people who don’t join the forum, or maybe just want a quick reply without going mainstream, fully signed up member for what ever reason..

Sort of B team place, not so formal maybe…

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #185567 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

We are having to manually approve every post from non logged in members due to issues that occurred. We are doing all we can to keep the forum open to valued visitors who do not want to register.

#185568 Reply
    Jojoe

From my experience of running an internet based business for nearly 20 years; a lot of people are against registering. I’ve not registered here, I didn’t see the point as my browser saves my information for this site anyway, username and email. Though I must admit  it can be a tad annoying waiting for your post to be authorised.

#185570 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

It has only been a manual approval in place for a week or so, prior to this point every post was automatically approved. I am happy to set up a registration for anyone who would like me to. Email me at enquiries@whichmobilitycar.com

I completely respect the fact that people may not want to register, sadly, due to the actions of the few, we have no choice at the moment.

#185572 Reply
    Jojoe

Out of interest, what sort of posts are you getting thats made you start moderating?

#185574 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Personal abuse. Unrelenting.

#185578 Reply
    ajn

Thanks for the detailed reply wmc, so the said posts of concern, do they come from unregistered people, or could it even be a registered member in disguise creating an account just for that purpose…

Glad there’s none of this coming from the registered members..

like others this isn’t the only forum I use, I’ve noticed though quite a few people else where not keen in signing up for their own reasons I guess..

#185577 Reply
    Jojoe

wmcforumWhich Mobility Car
    Personal abuse. Unrelenting.

Report them it to plod as a hate crime.

#185588 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Must admit I’ve never heard of a non member section @ajn.  Most forums require you to sign up before you can post as it cuts out the majority of  unsolicited spam, which we witnessed on the Kona EV thread not so long ago.  I can see your point especially if someone wants to ask a simple question once or twice. But speaking as an admin on another site it would need another section creating possibly with a subsection/s (not to difficult) for non members, which would in effect create a rule preventing you from accessing the members section should you ever wish or need to because the answer to your question was not available in the non member area and what guarantees members would look in in the non member area to answer a question. On top of that it would leave it open to spam, which brings us back to why @wmcforum @joss has to approve every post.

so the said posts of concern, do they come from unregistered people, or could it even be a registered member in disguise creating an account just for that purpose…

wmc would have access to IP addresses @ajn

In any case I enjoy are little chats 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by kezo.
    #185595 Reply
    ajn

Access to ip addresses, yes that surely would show it up…

Most certainly would I guess 🤔..

Thanks for the insight kezo..

#185601 Reply
    ajn

Woooow Jojoe, hate crime seems a bit strong, however guess some people do drastic things with online abuse..

(just realised I’ve been spelling your name wrong😳, in previous posts)

#185605 Reply
    ajn

Didn’t see the kona ev thread kezo, however it’s usually the same stuff, trying to put someone down due to in securities of themselves 🙄

#185608 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Users of VPNs do not have traceable IP addresses.

#185610 Reply
    ajn

Yes even false ones I here..

Fake stuff everywhere it seems..

#185611 Reply
    ajn

Hear even

#185628 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Users of VPNs do not have traceable IP addresses.

It may be difficult but certainly not impossible to trace someone behind a VPN. A couple of examples, your IP isn’t the only thing that identifies you on the internet or some one can find who you are by doxing

#185632 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Didn’t see the kona ev thread kezo, however it’s usually the same stuff, trying to put someone down due to in securities of themselves 🙄

Either that or some bored teenager up to no good 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by kezo.
    #185639 Reply
    ajn

Oh now I’m intrigued kezo..

#185643 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Oh now I’m intrigued kezo..

excuse my thicko moment but intrigued at my last reply to you or wigwam 🙂

#185644 Reply
    ajn

The bored teenager, what’s this about, totally missed the thread, or is simply best just left..

#185649 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

The bored teenager, what’s this about, totally missed the thread, or is simply best just left..

LOL yes teenagers hijacking forum threads with abuse.Could be anything really mate.

Anyway just ignore me, probably my painkillers sending me  cuckoo 🙂

#185664 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

I use a VPN most of the time, because I have close family living abroad and after visits, we may, as an example,be following a program not available on GB TV, and it is easier and mostly a lot cheaper when we get home, to view TV programs originating in these countries via a VPN.

#185665 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I use a VPN all the time because the people who pay me insist on it (it’s built into the router).  I’ve not explored changing location to view foreign TV though.

#185670 Reply
    ajn

#185680 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

I use a VPN all the time because the people who pay me insist on it (it’s built into the router). I’ve not explored changing location to view foreign TV though.

works  a treat, especially with sport being played elsewhere and not being broadcast in the UK👍

#185681 Reply
    ajn

I have witnessed this before, didn’t really take much notice but as Mike mentioned it work well

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Non member section
Your information: