No Heated Seats for Rifter!

• Creator
    Topic
  • #141271 Reply
    psuader

Glad to see the Peugeot Rifter back on the scheme. Of the 3 sister cars (Berlingo, Combi, Rifter) its my favourite- and a future potential choice. However I’ve enquired and been told heated seats will not even be an option. Give its suitability for the scheme, and the importance of warming the back in cold weather, Im really quite shocked by this admission. Im presuming (mistakenly?) its sister cars will suffer the same fate. Disappointing.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #141276 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

I ordered mine in Nov 19 and between ordering and being built on 13,01,2020 the spec changed and quite a few bits were missing when I picked it up on 31st Jan 2020, the one option of heated seats was never available in the UK, they are an option in the EU and most of the top spec early models came with them as standard but not allowed in this sun baked paradise we call home, pretty rubbish tbh, the car is very good though even without the bum warmers, I’ve never got in and even given a thought to the temp of the seating as they are cloth and warm up to body temp in seconds even during both winters I’ve had it, it is the most comfortable ride on any car out there atm with the possible exception of the Citroen C5 Aircross.

#141282 Reply
    psuader

Thats encouraging news vinalspin. Glad you are enjoying it.

#141299 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

I was comparing this and 5008 as need a large 7 seater. The Rifter wins hands down for space obviously but really struggle with equipment especially saftey. Which when you want to fill it with family is my no1 concern.

Current car
    Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#141301 Reply
    psuader

Now that there is no Alhambra or Sharan, the Rifter trio and the Ford Galaxy (soon to depart) are the only proper 7 seaters left. Its a real shame the SUV trend had ended the reign of practical family wagons.

#141316 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

The Alhambra (my previous car) and the 5008 have 7 seats but the 2 rear ones are only good for smaller children and I wouldn’t use them on long journeys, the 2 in the back of the Rifter on the other hand are easily big enough as they are just the same seats as the 2nd row size wise and there is loads of legroom and headroom with a lot of lateral space as well.

Not sure what the concerns are regarding safety though, it fares very well in the NCap tests, has vehicle and pedestrian emergency brake mitigation, adaptive cruise control with full stop along with a host of other safety features.

#141324 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

It only achieved 4 stars in NCap which while not terrible I tend to expect 5 stars from everything in this day and age. The GT model doesn’t come with satnav (£650) or adaptive cruise (£200 driver assist pack). Which is on top of a pretty steep AP. But I will be considering it along side a 5008. On a positive towballs are a very responsible £500 on a lot of Peugeot cars. (1k on an XC40 ouch).

Current car
    Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#141357 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Now they have changed the range names things have gone missing, my GT-Line has the built in Sat Nav but I did pay the £200 for the ACC because it was bundled in with front parking sensors, rear camera, blind spot monitoring etc, I really wish I could have had the rest without the ACC as it’s camera based and not laser/radar and it can only judge on the width of a vehicle so starts braking 350 yards before it gets to the vehicle in front, I spend most of the time having to override it with the gas pedal, not really cruise control when you have to press the pedal 90% of the time.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: No Heated Seats for Rifter!
Your information: