No choice but to wait for Q2

• Creator
    Topic
  • #140846 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

With car dealerships not opening until April 12th, i have no option but to wait for the next quarter for test drives. So i will have to cross my fingers that prices don’t drastically change.

Current car
    Peugeot 5008 Allure Premium
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #140847 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

I’m in a similar position but I don’t have a ‘stand out’ choice at the moment anyway. You never know it may even work in your favour.

#140848 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

True. Its a good problem to have and something to finally look forward to.

Current car
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#140849 Reply
    John

I have had my letter for a new car, but there is no way I will choose a new car without a test drive, Car dealers have said you can watch their cars on video, but they do not understand that disabled people want to make sure they can access the car and that the seats are suitable.

Motability  have said that you cancel your car if it is not suitable for you when it arrives, although their is a £250 charge for this, and no compensation for any extras you have ordered.

#140851 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes I had a 2 hour test drive last November at my Toyota dealer get my car in 3 weeks it was kind of them to let me have it that long

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#140876 Reply
    Clipped wings

Hi Newyork1,

hope the Allspace reappears for Q2. Although I have only done 130 miles in feb, I’m finding it a worthy replacement for the Touran. SEL vs SEL.

#140878 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

In the same boat as all of you. Due to order end of March but wouldn’t dream of it without a decent test drive (15 mins isn’t decent) unless it was the same as what we have. Nothing ticking every box at present so will see what Q2 brings and if still nothing may just extend and then pounce when something good appears (if it ever does, given the way the scheme is going). I am tempted to bail out and go private but my wife isn’t keen (and it’s her entitlement).

#140879 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

@Clipped wings Allspace SEL is one of the cars on my list. Though the SEL at £2850 is too much for me right now. So looking at Terraco and 5008 around the £2.3k. Maybe the Allspace will get reduced, as it must be due an update soon, to mstch tbe rest of the range. So should the Touran for that matter.

Current car
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#140894 Reply
    Clipped wings

The AP is high, but lots of goodies as standard that would take a Touran to @£5k with matching extras. Was a little wary of Mexican build but so far, rock solid and excellent panel gaps. No half eaten burrito in he glove box. Hope is re instated as the scheme needs choice in this category. Sure an update is coming – at least I have the Touran style climate panel and not the dreadful new sliders. ID4/IdBuzz might spell the end for the Touran.  Shame. Excellent car, imho.

#140902 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

@Clipped wings which engine have you got? I agree lots of goodies and worth the money but just more then I can justify paying right now.

Have seen in a few photos on Autotrader that the newest Terraco’s have the new Tiguan climate controls. Look nice but are said to be horrible to use.

Current car
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#140926 Reply
    Clipped wings

1.5 dsg. Have to have auto which first appeared in SEL trim for Q3 last summer. Added a heated steering wheel as my hands suffer badly in cold weather and previously had to wear gloves. Touch screens and sliders even more of a challenge! Replacing the excellent climate control panel, mounted lower down in than new models, with the slider one is a huge mistake by VAG, imho. Not even backlit, needs eyes off the road for far to long to operate and then confirm selection.

#140927 Reply
    Clipped wings

Sorry, Q2. Voice control would help and is pre installed. Activation key costs £250. Pure price gouging.

#140940 Reply
    comfortablynumb
    Participant

Off out in an hour’s time to collect my Kuga ST Line X. Dealer rang @ 9am to confirm car ready. Sounds like I will be handed the keys on the end of a long stick poking out the front door amid muffled cries of “now clear off”. Should be interesting if nothing else.

#140944 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Off out in an hour’s time to collect my Kuga ST Line X. Dealer rang @ 9am to confirm car ready. Sounds like I will be handed the keys on the end of a long stick poking out the front door amid muffled cries of “now clear off”. Should be interesting if nothing else.

How exciting. Enjoy. Photos and first impressions later please! Which engine did you go for in the end?

#140945 Reply
    comfortablynumb
    Participant

Thanks @Glos Guy

1.5 Ecoboost 150ps – will be just grand for my low mileage use.

#140963 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

@Clipped wings how do you find the 1.5tsi? Have the 1.4tsi and think its great but the Touran is lighter and the 1.4tsi is pre emmision clamp down so is more keen to rev but worse on fuel so I’ve read.

Current car
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

#140964 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

Excellent news. Let us know how you got on.

#140966 Reply
    comfortablynumb
    Participant

Thanks Richardw. I’ll update my original thread shortly with photos and handover experience.

#141004 Reply
    Clipped wings

Hi Newyork1,

my Touran was the 1.4 dsg and agree, excellent. I’ve only done 130 miles in almost four weeks, but did a few motorway miles yesterday and very refined cruiser. Not good to run in doing short journeys, so will risk the Fine and try longer runs. The gearing is slightly lower, I suspect to counter the higher mass, except 7 th which is still @ 2100 rpm at 70. Performance seems similar. Fully loaded might be a different story. Will let you know, but have no regrets choosing the Allspace or the 1.5 TSi. Guess the Tarraco is virtually identical. My choice boiled down to the Allspace’s panoramic roof vs. Tarraco’s leather seats! I couldn’t test drive either and took a punt. Hope it comes back in April at a lower AP.

#141091 Reply
    NewYork1
    Participant

@Clipped wings thanks for your opinions on the Allspace. Just playing the waiting game now to see if Q2 brings any wild cards.

Current car
    Previous Cars
    VW Touran SEL

Viewing 19 replies - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: No choice but to wait for Q2
Your information: