New Tesco EV charging point

• Creator
    Topic
  • #127149 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I was at Tesco this morning, from my disabled parking bay I spotted some new free Podpoint EV charging bays, shame I do not have a Type 2 to Type 1 lead

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #127158 Reply
    Rhodgie
    Participant

They are free but will cut out after 15 minutes if you don’t check in via the Pod Point app.

We no longer do a big shopping and are in & out fairly quickly so I don’t find it worth my while getting the cable out to plug in.

They aren’t really disabled friendly parking bays but because they have chevrons in front of the charger you can get lucky and get parked in a way that’ll allow you access to your door 🤞

#127181 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

They are free but will cut out after 15 minutes if you don’t check in via the Pod Point app. We no longer do a big shopping and are in & out fairly quickly so I don’t find it worth my while getting the cable out to plug in. They aren’t really disabled friendly parking bays but because they have chevrons in front of the charger you can get lucky and get parked in a way that’ll allow you access to your door 🤞

I do have a Podpoint account, however I have not given my bank details, I just use it to measure my Podpoint home charger.

My Podpoint EV home charger is fitted with a tethered lead, to use the Tesco Podpoint I would have to purchase a Type 2 to 1 lead, as Tesco is only 5 miles from or house like you I cannot justify £130 for a lead.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: New Tesco EV charging point
Your information: