New Car – Low advanced payment

• Creator
    Topic
  • #164262 Reply
    Mark1878
    Participant

Hi All,

My sons car is up in June.. but I know I should start at least looking with delivery times.

We have a Tiguan Allspace which we had to pay advanced on.. but we can’t really afford that this time, any recomendations on a large car/bus/suv with low advanced payment ?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #164266 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

The problem is with a June 2022 lease expiry you will have to wait until Q1 2022 before you can place an order and we have little idea of what will be on offer and the prices then.

#164270 Reply
    crispy

You will receive £600 good condition bonus. If that is not enough for the vehicle you need to meet you needs ,you can ask Motability about a grant towards the advanced payment. This will be the lowest priced vehicle that meets you need and will be means tested. Hope that helps.

#164302 Reply
    Mark1878
    Participant

Thank you both… with regards to good condition bonus. Mine has a little dink where someone has hit it with their door.. and also has the usual wear and tear.. will I still get it ?

#164307 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Thank you both… with regards to good condition bonus. Mine has a little dink where someone has hit it with their door.. and also has the usual wear and tear.. will I still get it ?

Sounds like you would be OK Mark. Small dinks aren’t a problem as long as there’s not loads of them. As for ‘wear and tear’ we all have different definitions. In my mind, it’s things like stone chips and minor alloy scrapes, but some people consider it to be what I would term accident damage. For example, scraping the corner of a car badly is accident damage in my book and not fair wear and tear, but some forum users have posted some shocking pictures of damage over the years and still got their bonus!

As for your original question, as your lease expiry date is June you can’t officially order until March. However, when we once had a June renewal we got a dealer to agree to order in January (due to long lease times) and then officially place the order with Motability in March. This meant that although there was a 5 month lead time on the car we ordered we still took delivery in June when the previous lease expired. There was negligible risk then as Jan and March are the same quarter, but I think it would be quite risky in the current climate with cars disappearing almost daily. With the way that the scheme is going I fear that you are going to struggle to get what you want for a very low AP.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: New Car – Low advanced payment
Your information: